• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Day! Bears vs Packers

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this... the dreaded Jay interception... Great shot of it...
What's the play call? Read TE to flat on the right side...
Presnap: Strong side LB (lined up on TE side- is out of frame on the right...not in this pic- flew to slot wr to the right)
Mathews was where the Stick figure guy is ... BOTH LB's Mathews and the other guy- flew to the right of the screen...
The QB's read is that Strong side LB... he bailed...leaving this gorgeous open space for that quick TE throw... Just look at how OPEN Marty is!!
NOW please NOTICE the QB's arm... above his shoulder, ball is miliseconds from being released- it's blurry it's going so fast! Good READ!

Mathews reacted to the throwing motion...
Unfortunately for our beloved Bears... that guy Mathews is insanely fast... he get's there faster than expected. Makes a great play. Interception.

Now... A Cynical person with a Cutler bias says, "LOOK at how open Wilson is!" "HE should have thrown it to WILSON!! God He sucks!!"
But remember that Mathews is moving with the throw... moving away from the last read (remember the play call is to read TE to flat... Wilson is a backside slant. (not a primary read)
All of this takes place in fraction of seconds...

I didn't think there was this much open space for Marty when I saw it live. Now I see what Jay saw, AND know why he threw it. Gotta credit Mathews for a great play. fault Jay? :noidea:
Cheers!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn It...every time... Post pic... Get explanation on next page... Damn you Sportshoopla!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Joey.

It was a helluva play by one of the best backers in the league.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this... the dreaded Jay interception... Great shot of it...
What's the play call? Read TE to flat on the right side...
Presnap: Strong side LB (lined up on TE side- is out of frame on the right...not in this pic- flew to slot wr to the right)
Mathews was where the Stick figure guy is ... BOTH LB's Mathews and the other guy- flew to the right of the screen...
The QB's read is that Strong side LB... he bailed...leaving this gorgeous open space for that quick TE throw... Just look at how OPEN Marty is!!
NOW please NOTICE the QB's arm... above his shoulder, ball is miliseconds from being released- it's blurry it's going so fast! Good READ!

Mathews reacted to the throwing motion...
Unfortunately for our beloved Bears... that guy Mathews is insanely fast... he get's there faster than expected. Makes a great play. Interception.

Now... A Cynical person with a Cutler bias says, "LOOK at how open Wilson is!" "HE should have thrown it to WILSON!! God He sucks!!"
But remember that Mathews is moving with the throw... moving away from the last read (remember the play call is to read TE to flat... Wilson is a backside slant. (not a primary read)
All of this takes place in fraction of seconds...

I didn't think there was this much open space for Marty when I saw it live. Now I see what Jay saw, AND know why he threw it. Gotta credit Mathews for a great play. fault Jay? :noidea:
Cheers!

That's not what I was thinking.....I thought fuuuuck,another pass that Jay threw behind the wr....

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I was thinking.....I thought fuuuuck,another pass that Jay threw behind the wr....
Please refer to the section on "cynical fan" and by no means look at the picture. Cheers!

C

cubzzzfanincali

that's because it was, you know, an incredibly bad pass. I didn't mention it before because it was so obvious, and because if you are a Bears fan, you need to just expect one of those every game as a default. The end zone view is even more damning than the All-22 here, because you can see that Cutler has an absolutely wide open view of the coverage, Matthews doesn't have to move that far to make the pick, it's just terrible. But let's give Cutler a break, I'm sure Emery knew to expect at least one of these in a game during the contract, and paid accordingly.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I agree with Joey.

It was a helluva play by one of the best backers in the league.

I can't see Joey's posts any more, but what on Earth are you talking about? Matthews isn't even moving all that fast. Watch the play again, hombre. The ball is basically thrown to him, he barely had to exert himself.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Joey's posts any more, but what on Earth are you talking about? Matthews isn't even moving all that fast. Watch the play again, hombre. The ball is basically thrown to him, he barely had to exert himself.

Whatever. This forum is annoying.

It was a bad interception wherein he stared down his first target from jump street. A great defensive player read it from jumpstreet.

Interception.

What more is there to break down?

Time to get back to work cubz.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Putting people on ignore is for women and children. If you don't want to read him, don't read him. Yer better than that:heh:

C

cubzzzfanincali

It was a bad interception wherein he stared down his first target from jump street. A great defensive player read it from jumpstreet.

Interception.

It's an easy interception. I'm not sure what's so remarkable. I'm not being snide, I'm serious. Look, here are 4 shots of the play. Clearly, Clay is lined up, he's playing the middle zone, he has to move a little ways to his left to catch the pass. This IS NOT AN UNUSUAL AMOUNT OF COVERAGE GROUND. Look:

C

cubzzzfanincali

Screenshot from 2015-09-17 19:40:06.png

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2015-09-17 19:41:06.png
    Screenshot from 2015-09-17 19:41:06.png
    666.9 KB · Views: 20
C

cubzzzfanincali

that's roughly five yards horizontally of movement. What, you don''t think Clay Matthews can move five yards in coverage? Are you being serious??? This is an amazing play? Whatever beardown.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys see the cynical view point now? It's comical. He's arguing against something he didn't even read...why? because someone AGREED with something he didn't say & was against his opinion... wow. Insecure much?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's roughly five yards horizontally of movement. What, you don''t think Clay Matthews can move five yards in coverage? Are you being serious??? This is an amazing play? Whatever beardown.

Are you high?

My post..

Interception.

At best, I said it was a great play by a great player. Would you feel better if I said "good" play?

Jesus dude, you need to calm the fuck down!?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a dick move... but I'm feeling saucy! Breaking out the teachers red pen.
This is what Cali wrote... I just want to break this down... Show what he's doing with is writing- He's actually a pretty skilled persuasive writer...here's why:

that's because it was, you know, an incredibly bad (emphasized negative descriptor word) pass.

I didn't mention it before because it was so obvious (He uses this to imply that anyone who doesn't see it is stupid)

, and because if you are a Bears fan (implying that only "non" Bear fans would disagree, playing on the readers devotion to the Bears, and a major meatball red flag)

you need to just expect one of those every game as a default (another negative, this one is implying it's the "norm" Most people equate Default settings as "not as good" ).

The end zone view is even more damning (again negative description) than the All-22 here,

because you can see that Cutler has an absolutely wide open view of the coverage (he said coverage...not wide open Marty. Emphatically emphasized the word "view"),
Matthews doesn't have to move that far to make the pick (belittling Mathews skill making Cutler seem worse),

it's just terrible.
(an additional negative descriptor thrown in)

But let's give Cutler a break, I'm sure Emery knew to expect at least one of these in a game during the contract, and paid accordingly. (in typical Cali fashion he ALWAYS finishes his thoughts in harsh sarcasm, jealousy's kissing cousin)

Cali uses some basic persuasive approaches when writing his posts. He's overly generous with negative descriptors... this will make the reader begin to "believe" whatever the writer is describing. Negative speech is easier to persuade then positive. It's a proven scare tactic that works... What stories lead on the news? "If it bleeds it leads" Right?... Come on, FoxNews has made MILLIONS on this basic premise.
Also... he's very confident and NEVER waivers... Again that's his opinion, and he's right to it. BUT if he were to waiver even a little bit his message would get lost and people would start to see through the scare tactics and start to doubt him (or his opinion) He's pretty skilled... this is why I love him. :) haa.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty simple, this is when the ball should have been thrown. as soon as that DB did not follow Bennett. He only advanced one step (one yard) while Matthews moved 5-7.

Facepalm all you want Joey, look at the throwing lane between the guard and tackle with no chance for anyone to get in Bennetts way of catching the ball.