• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck NBC

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep

and seattles local affiliate chose to air their local news over the cup final featuring the NHL team only 150 miles away

so much for hockey love in seattle

actually, we have 2 NBC stations, jst. Believe it or not, they are King and Kong. Kong had the game on but I'm lucky here in Tacoma. The city cable provider carries CBC.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, we have 2 NBC stations, jst. Believe it or not, they are King and Kong. Kong had the game on but I'm lucky here in Tacoma. The city cable provider carries CBC.

I know about king and kong. Kongs the sister station ... does that channel have the same cable distribution reach?

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I doubt it, jst. I think it is probably confined to the Puget Sound area. King never televises much. Even during the Olympics, they had very little coverage. King is a terrible TV station anyway.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely worthless, unless you like meth.

Are you in Boston? I always wanted to go there. Live it up!

I am living it up. Today I am trying to do actual tourist stuff because my first 36 hours here were all spent in bars. The first night me and my friend accidentally wandered inti the gay neighborhood. Those boys know how to party.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't blame local stations for cutting into national televised programing when there are possible tornadoes around. especially this year where tornadoes have been killing people left and right. if there was a possible tornado barring down on my house, i would want to know about it

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't blame local stations for cutting into national televised programing when there are possible tornadoes around. especially this year where tornadoes have been killing people left and right. if there was a possible tornado barring down on my house, i would want to know about it

But it wasn't a real tornado. Northern California doesn't have real tornadoes. Nothing happened and everyone here knew nothing would happen.

Plus they didn't just break away shortly they cut out halfway through the first and didn't comeback to the game until the second intermission. All this warranted was a quick two minute break from the game and then a scrolling ticker along the bottom of the screen.

I would understand if this were tornado alley but it's Northern California, we're known for our incredibly mild weather.

maddogmark25

In the Pot Bunker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its your local NBC affiliate, as far as I know, that makes the decision to cut away from a game for something like that

As far as I know, NBC as a whole (aka the production showing the game) doesn't make the decision, its the local affiliates that they send the feed to. I could be wrong though, but thats my impression.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it wasn't a real tornado. Northern California doesn't have real tornadoes. Nothing happened and everyone here knew nothing would happen.

Plus they didn't just break away shortly they cut out halfway through the first and didn't comeback to the game until the second intermission. All this warranted was a quick two minute break from the game and then a scrolling ticker along the bottom of the screen.

I would understand if this were tornado alley but it's Northern California, we're known for our incredibly mild weather.
Northern California is to tornadoes as the Carolinas is to snow. Total over-reaction...:)