• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Franchise tag for Ansah

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Reasons?

I don't get it, but it has for sure happened

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Smitty said.

Donkey cock.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't let him go for nothing. The bigger questions I have is whether they're actively looking at trading him, just willing to consider trades if somebody calls, or looking to keep him for themseves. And then whether they want to sign a long term contract, or play a year at a time?

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playing a year at a time can get expensive in a few years, but it's a manageable risk. I can see the team having a hard time paying him a contract as if he's been healthy in the past couple of years, and I can see the player and agent wanting to get position rate. Not a bad move at this stage of negotiations.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with this, better than letting him walk and end up in division kicking Stafford's ass twice a year. The price is a little high but with the lack of DE talent on the FA market this spring I think it was a move they had to make. IF he can play 16-20 games this year I think his production could be outstanding, he won't want to be tagged again and will hopefully play to a level expected and a 3 or 4 year deal gets done in season.

Really looking forward to seeing what he can do in a possible hybrid system were he can rush the passer from an OLB position once in a while, I think he will really benefit from moving around on the LOS and getting an opportunity to come from different angles and sides.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't let him go for nothing. The bigger questions I have is whether they're actively looking at trading him, just willing to consider trades if somebody calls, or looking to keep him for themseves. And then whether they want to sign a long term contract, or play a year at a time?

I'm good with this, better than letting him walk and end up in division kicking Stafford's ass twice a year. The price is a little high but with the lack of DE talent on the FA market this spring I think it was a move they had to make. IF he can play 16-20 games this year I think his production could be outstanding, he won't want to be tagged again and will hopefully play to a level expected and a 3 or 4 year deal gets done in season.

Really looking forward to seeing what he can do in a possible hybrid system were he can rush the passer from an OLB position once in a while, I think he will really benefit from moving around on the LOS and getting an opportunity to come from different angles and sides.

Correct and correct. They also may not want to sign him long term cause nobody really knows how old he is. If they cant trade him they can also use him 1 year and see how he fits the new Defense.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just glad to see @broncosmitty did not have the temples explode.

@broncosmitty when he finds out we traded Ansah for an early round pick.
dancing-monkey-gif-9.gif