• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For which Bronco this year ... ?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For which Bronco this year do you have the greatest expectations? Could be a new guy (e.g., Welker or one of the draft picks) or a guy who you think might really pick his game up above last year's level (e.g., Wolfe or even Von or PM).

Probably not fair, since he is only a rookie, but I am most looking forward to seeing Sylvester Williams' effect on our defense. Elway's comparison of him to a young Trevor Pryce, able to both cause havoc in the opponent's backfield and to hold the point of attack against the run, has me salivating.

What do you think?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey td. I don`t have just one so I`ll give ya a couple. Julius Thomas for one. Been hearing good things and would love to see him excell. Also, rb Ball for sure and am looking forward to see how much Wolfe has improved.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that those three all good candidates, Randy. For the past couple of years we've heard so much about Thomas' potential, but injuries have prevented him from plying much. I thought that Dreesen and Tamme were solid last year, but not as dynamic as Thomas might be. The Elway comparison of Ball to Terrell Davis, along with all of the TDs that Ball scored in college, have me very excited about him. And I'm thinking that the upgrades at DT, along with the loss of Doom's pass rush, should give Wolfe a lot of opportunity to get to the QB.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one area where our off season didn't quite go as planned, it was the fax snafu with Elvis Dumervil. There are a lot of players that I'm anxious to see perform this year, but I'm realy anxious to see how Wolfe, Ayers, Williams, Phillips and maybe even Quentin Smith pick up the slack with Elvis' departure. I would love to see the Broncos transform into a team that can get to the quarterback from the inside and not just always rely on our outside QB rush. For those reasons, I'd probably have to put Wolfe and Williams at the top of my list.

Less than 2 weeks to camp! Can't wait!

Go Broncos!!

MH64

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.:agree: Denvers lack of push up the middle has been a killer ( although I did see some improvement at times last yr) so those additions to the front 7 and gained expiereience by Wolfe,Ayers,etc should improve that much needed element to the succsess of the D this yr. Getting closer and closer to first pre-season game:suds:

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BALL. The kid has enormous talent. Moreno is so SOFT. His running style doesn't fit at all, and we don't have any other good RB's. So it's up to Ball to provide a good running game to take pressure off the breaking down Peyton Manning. Let's hope Ball is up to the task. I think he'll be very good.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BALL. The kid has enormous talent. Moreno is so SOFT. His running style doesn't fit at all, and we don't have any other good RB's. So it's up to Ball to provide a good running game to take pressure off the breaking down Peyton Manning. Let's hope Ball is up to the task. I think he'll be very good.

Hope you're right about Ball. I too am very optimistic about what he might mean to the offense.

Also, I see that you're sporting a Patriots logo, which I assume is due to your support for Tebow. I can understand hoping that Timmy succeeds, even though I'm not too optimistic that Belichick ditches Brady and decides to go with a read option attack led by Tebow. A Broncos fan rooting for the Pats under any circumstances, however, is something I find inexplicable!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also agree with MH66 and Randy that Wolfe an effective inside pass rusher is intriguing. Makes me think of the success that the NYG have had generating pressure up the middle, despite having a lesser QB than the right Manning!

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the few I'm most intrigued by are Wolfe, DRC and Sly Williams. Our push up front was better last year compared to the previous 2-3 years, but I'm thinking Sly could really change the face of our interior line. I'm also thinking Wolfe is going to breakout this year with 10+ sacks.....so much so that we won't even miss Elvis one bit.

Having DRC opposite champ is going to be really tough on opposing QB's. If Champ can get back to form, then I wouldn't be surprised to see DRC pick off 7-8 balls this year. He's got the skills.....and this year he'll most likely have alot of opportunities.

Our defense is gonna be NaStY!!!!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is gonna be NaStY!!!!

I really think so too, Doc. Add to the that the upgrades on offense -- Welker, Ball, Vasquez, and PM having had a year back from his layoff and gotten better acclimated to his new teammates -- and there seem to be good reasons for high expectations this year.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greatest expectations? Gotta be Von Miller. After 2 fantastic years, expectations for his 3rd are through the roof. Why? Because he's shown he can play at the highest level. He's proven he's a great player and we should continue to see that success starting with crushing Joe Flacco into a fine powder on opening night.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I say the entire team? I am going to pull a Master and say anything short of a SB will be a let down.

To be specific, I think Wolfe and Phillips will need to show us some good pressure on the QB. I know Doom was a liability in the run but he helped us in the passing game. I hope Smith can be the monster he was predicted to be but I don't want to rush his healing process.

Orange-and-Blue

Go Broncos!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Nate Irving. He has all the support he needs surrounding him and it's about time he shows us something. Over the past few seasons, our biggest weakness has been our up-the-middle run stopping. Irving has a nice wall in front of him and plenty of help on the outside so I expect his flashes of talent to mature into a consistent force on this D.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got high expectations for broncosmitty this year. But I also see Manning taking the Super Bowl MVP trophy, so Ill go with him.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Nate Irving. He has all the support he needs surrounding him and it's about time he shows us something. Over the past few seasons, our biggest weakness has been our up-the-middle run stopping. Irving has a nice wall in front of him and plenty of help on the outside so I expect his flashes of talent to mature into a consistent force on this D.

He's another one I'm expecting big things from this year. He has all the tools to be a really good MLB. I would much, much, much rather see him win the starting job than Bradley or Mays.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah geez, Crom and Irving. If DRC plays to his potential and Irving has made some big strides, that would be huge. I think the linebacker battle is gonna be quite intresting this yr.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might not be a popular guy right about now, but I have high expectations for Rahim Moore.

Being from SoCal, I watched a lot of him at UCLA and I was excited when we drafted him. He started to show some signs last year that he was getting it and by the end of the season I was very comfortable with him as a starter.

It will be interesting to see how he bounces back from his late game blunder against the Ravens. Fox and Elway have given every indication that he will have an opportunity to continue to develop in Blue and Orange, so we shall see.

Orange-and-Blue

Go Broncos!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it that some of the schemes are over his head!

Lol. Sorry couldn't resist!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might not be a popular guy right about now, but I have high expectations for Rahim Moore.

Being from SoCal, I watched a lot of him at UCLA and I was excited when we drafted him. He started to show some signs last year that he was getting it and by the end of the season I was very comfortable with him as a starter.

It will be interesting to see how he bounces back from his late game blunder against the Ravens. Fox and Elway have given every indication that he will have an opportunity to continue to develop in Blue and Orange, so we shall see.

Yeah BroncoIC, the guy played extremely well all season and showed a lot of improvement from prev yr. Yes, it was major plunder but he`s def not the first guy to blow it. The D was ranked # 2 and he played a big roll in that. I think he still wins the spot and will be even better this yr. IMO of course gents

Orange-and-Blue

Go Broncos!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Randy. Either way, I would expect to see Jammer spelling Moore on 3rd and long, Nickel and Dime. Jammer's cover skills as a former CB is an upgrade in those situations.