• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers eyeing Drury

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna be the next captain so you better get used to him! ;)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna be the next captain so you better get used to him! ;)

haha you'll come around.. just wait.. this year i'm going to start a gustafsson > pronger bandwagon thats going to get tons of action.. it'll be great!

keep that one a secret though, it would be outrageous to start that up now, but i have a good feeling about him this year, and a bad feeling about pronger

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meszaros for Captain!!!

(I just had to trade him in NHL 12, hit some MAJOR cap issues. Big reason was this amazing young Dman went from 500k salaray to wanting 8 mil. Had to trade Coburn, but it worked. Then I forgot about my goalie, so I traded Mez for space. It was a sad day. I am looking to move Ovechkin too.)

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha you'll come around.. just wait.. this year i'm going to start a gustafsson > pronger bandwagon thats going to get tons of action.. it'll be great!

keep that one a secret though, it would be outrageous to start that up now, but i have a good feeling about him this year, and a bad feeling about pronger

It all depends on whether Pronger can stay healthy.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An old man coming off of injury.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An old man coming off of injury.

How soon we forget things. Pronger can still be a beast. Remember the 2010 playoffs? It's a big if, but IF he can stay healthy the Flyers will be in good shape. I don't even care if he plays that much during the regular season. I just want him to bring it for the playoffs.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How soon we forget things. Pronger can still be a beast. Remember the 2010 playoffs? It's a big if, but IF he can stay healthy the Flyers will be in good shape. I don't even care if he plays that much during the regular season. I just want him to bring it for the playoffs.

Yes, and we are two years removed from that. He was old then and getting older. He is coming off of injury, and before he even got injured last year I saw decline.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will I be glad to have a healthy Pronger back, and did I miss him last year? Abso-fucking-lutely, but Talbot will score 30 goals before Pronger is back in 2010 shape

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and we are two years removed from that. He was old then and getting older. He is coming off of injury, and before he even got injured last year I saw decline.

Ok, but I think a declining Pronger is still a lot better than most d-men in the league.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still gotta have faith! lol

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ha actually we are only about a season removed from that, geez you guys act like the guy was a complete dud last year lol

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would rather have him at the end than the beginning. Question becomes, if he cannot start the season, would they make him the Captain?

I would still give him the C. Who gets the A's? Kimmo, Briere, Giroux?

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still give him the C. Who gets the A's? Kimmo, Briere, Giroux?

Timonen should get the C, Briere and Giroux should get the A's and Pronger should be shipped out. Pronger would rather play to the media and yell at young emerging players then own up to his in game mistakes. That makes for a shitty captain and if he can't start the season he shouldn't even be up for consideration in my eyes since a captain's job starts at camp.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timonen should get the C, Briere and Giroux should get the A's and Pronger should be shipped out. Pronger would rather play to the media and yell at young emerging players then own up to his in game mistakes. That makes for a shitty captain and if he can't start the season he shouldn't even be up for consideration in my eyes since a captain's job starts at camp.

Where would we be able to ship him out to? Not many teams out there willing to take on his contract at his age.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol alright well that's not happening. Pronger is a proven winner and leader in this league.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NOt in love with Pronger's contract, or his media angle, but to say he is a horrible captain is off base. Every player interviewed has endorsed the idea. Giroux even brought up the verbal ass kicking Pronger gave him as an example. He is a winner, plain and simple. A bit of an asshole, and an aging one. So I get the argument that the contract sucks, and that he might not be healthy. But to take one injury plagued season and say he will never be any good again is a stretch. He had 25 points in 50 games, only 5 less than Mez (who is a god on this board) 7 less than Kimmo (who played 82 gms) and 15 less than Carle (who is garbage on this board and can only score when Pronger is out there according to most.) So is his contract and injury to his back a concern? Yes. But is he washed up when healthy? Not even close.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha i love how touchy a subject pronger is around here.. couple comments and BOOM.

i think he's a good leader, and i think his asshole-ness was/is a great thing for the team.. the media focuses on him instead of something else that might be wrong with the flyers..

however, i think making him captain comes down to his timeline.. if he doesn't think he's going to be ready to go until january, then he shouldn't be the captain (my vote is for timmo).. but if he thinks he could be good in late october/november then i'm ok with making him the captain..

i really am ok with him being the captain though.. i never thought his leadership was lacking.. he has never lived up to my expectations (or even close really), i hate how much we gave up for him, and i HATE his contract

as far as the injury goes, cant hate him for that, shit happens, it just makes me hate his contract more

Last edited by a moderator: