• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers eyeing Drury

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Eskin the Flyers are possibly interested bringing Chris Drury. Cap space may be an issue. Shelley may be waived possibly.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this. Don't know what to think. I guess that means Schenn wouldn't make the roster?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this. Don't know what to think. I guess that means Schenn wouldn't make the roster?

schenn could still make the roster and play on the wing.. i read somewhere that he's very versatile in terms of position

simmonds.drury.schenn
betts.talbot.nodl

perhaps for the bottom 6?

i think drury would be a good addition to the 3rd line.. can chip in a few points and help with the PK/leadership

jesus, can you imagine that pk.. betts/nodl and drury/talbot.. very quality on paper IMO, especially sparing the top 6 part

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
schenn could still make the roster and play on the wing.. i read somewhere that he's very versatile in terms of position

simmonds.drury.schenn
betts.talbot.nodl

perhaps for the bottom 6?

i think drury would be a good addition to the 3rd line.. can chip in a few points and help with the PK/leadership

jesus, can you imagine that pk.. betts/nodl and drury/talbot.. very quality on paper IMO, especially sparing the top 6 part

I'm not gonna lie. That ain't bad for the bottom 6. Hopefully, Drury would come at a cheap price...and would be able to stay healthy.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He would have to be cheap. There were reports that his knee can't pass a physical. And his has gone downhill every year since his one career year. Plus, he is still getting paid by the Rangers. If they can't get him in for the minimum and he is healthy enough to play, I would grab him in an instant.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have to be cheap. There were reports that his knee can't pass a physical. And his has gone downhill every year since his one career year. Plus, he is still getting paid by the Rangers. If they can't get him in for the minimum and he is healthy enough to play, I would grab him in an instant.

ya i've heard the bum knee stuff too.. i really think he could be had for very very little.. so we'll see i guess

nothing can happen before a trade though.. we're at 50 contracts

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear every off season Eskin finds some injury prone over the hill player and says the flyers are interested in them, I think he's full of :ss: personally. Talbot should play on the 3rd line to be effective since part of his job is going to be drawing penalties. Truth is we don't need Drury and his laundry list of medical problems to take up cap space and limit is come the trade deadline in the event that we actually do need something(top 9 forward or top 6 d) for a playoff push.

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
drury sucks balls...sucked up it with the rangers......i want my 50 goal scorer

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear every off season Eskin finds some injury prone over the hill player and says the flyers are interested in them, I think he's full of :ss: personally. Talbot should play on the 3rd line to be effective since part of his job is going to be drawing penalties. Truth is we don't need Drury and his laundry list of medical problems to take up cap space and limit is come the trade deadline in the event that we actually do need something(top 9 forward or top 6 d) for a playoff push.

Eskin has pretty much been right about every off-season move so far this year. From Bryz to Richards and Carter. I don't like him but he seems to have good sources.

Last edited by a moderator:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eskin has pretty much been right about every off-season move so far this year. From Bryz to Richards and Carter. I don't like him but he seems to have good sources.

The Flyers interest in acquiring Bryz and trading Carter to get him signed were well documented for months now. Trading Richie caught everyone off gaurd I'm relatively sure. I wasn't saying Eskin hasn't been right from time to time, hell even Eklund is bound to get 1 out of 10 of his "e4's" correct. I was merely pointing out that he has a tendency to try to link the Flyers to every over the hill or injury prone player that is available every off season. Last season it was Madono, Madden and Wayne Primeau(wish it was Keith :( ) The season before it was Madden and Weight. Eskin convets the old vets who have been through the wars and expects their experience to carry a team even after their skills have began to(or have already completely) diminished.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has more then enough veteran leadership, in my eyes we have too much. I've never bee shy about saying I don't think we should have ever gotten Pronger, he's a documented control freak in the locker room and loves playing to the media. We just traded away one of the best 2 way players in the league and for what to win a cup while Pronger and Timonen are still able to play? Pronger is a player that winning seems to follow, but so is Richie and we say how well that worked out.

If anything this team needs another role player or another quality d-man if the organization doesn't think any of the prospects can make the team this year. I'm not adverse to getting a 50 goal scorer, but we can't auction off our whole team/future for that.

*damn the 10 minute edit rule

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has more then enough veteran leadership, in my eyes we have too much. I've never bee shy about saying I don't think we should have ever gotten Pronger, he's a documented control freak in the locker room and loves playing to the media. We just traded away one of the best 2 way players in the league and for what to win a cup while Pronger and Timonen are still able to play? Pronger is a player that winning seems to follow, but so is Richie and we say how well that worked out.

If anything this team needs another role player or another quality d-man if the organization doesn't think any of the prospects can make the team this year. I'm not adverse to getting a 50 goal scorer, but we can't auction off our whole team/future for that.

*damn the 10 minute edit rule

:cheer2::grouphug:

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked Drury, but it would have to be dirt cheap to bring him in.

If it gets ****** waived then FUCK YEA!

This has always been my opinion. I think he'd be a good 3rd line guy, but he needs to be willing to take a massive pay cut.