• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers eyeing Drury

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he is the leader of the team. If they want to give out 3 A's in the mean time though then that is fine. He still is the captain whether he is in the press box or on the ice though.

i dont disagree with you.. i just think it would be a silly announcement if he wasn't playing anytime soon

just wait til he's going to play to give him the C and let 3 A's skate around until then, thats fine with me.. and i'm sure pronger doesn't care if he's not announced as the C until he's going to play

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Giroux should just get it, he (Let us pray to God) will be on this team the longest

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Pronger is already a leader without the C

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i've always said i respected his past.. maybe i respect it even more than you guys do because i expected more from him :)

Just because you get older and possibly lose a step doesn't mean you stop being a leader though. For example, Kobe Bryant is getting older and having some injury problems. With that said, he is still one of the best in the league and is still the leader and captain of his team...even though his numbers may not be quite as high as they were a few years ago...same thing Pronger.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
thats apples and oranges jersey.. crosby has been the captain for what, 5 years?

they would be annointing a new captain that isn't going to play for 4 months.. if they want to go with 3 A's until he comes back and then give him the C thats fine.. i just think its stupid to call the guy the new captain when he doesn't even hit the ice

for all we know pronger might not play at all this entire year.. do you really want your newly appointed captain to spend his days and nights in the pressbox?

haha better than at old city!!!!

lol...no, no, no. awaz is nothing like ander. ander spoke out of his ass a lot.

hey know!.. i just talk hockey.. i dont think any of you guys know nothing about hockey.. ander thought his opinions were fact and anyone that didnt agree was an idiot, and vocalized that feeling

thanks jers

lol, i was joking, i think ander takes enough beating around here lol, more so just wanted to throw a shot at you haha

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Giroux should just get it, he (Let us pray to God) will be on this team the longest

NO! I love Giroux but let's not rush things. Giroux will get the C eventually but I don't want to have a repeat of the Richards situation.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO! I love Giroux but let's not rush things. Giroux will get the C eventually but I don't want to have a repeat of the Richards situation.

RIchards was Richards. Look at Crosby.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i agree ha, i think we should have a >28 years old requirement

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you get older and possibly lose a step doesn't mean you stop being a leader though. For example, Kobe Bryant is getting older and having some injury problems. With that said, he is still one of the best in the league and is still the leader and captain of his team...even though his numbers may not be quite as high as they were a few years ago...same thing Pronger.

oh i know.. i have no problems with him being the captain.. i just think it would look silly if they announced it months before he was going to play..

if he was healthy and ready to start the season, by all means, give it to him now.. i have no gripes about him being the next guy to wear a black and orange C

that comment was more on his skills :)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha better than at old city!!!!

lol, i was joking, i think ander takes enough beating around here lol, more so just wanted to throw a shot at you haha

haha i know.. i wasn't offended.. the '!!!'s and CAPS got the point across well :typing:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well good, i am glad those many years of AIM have allowed me to communicate what i mean effectively

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with the majority on giroux.. he can be the captain in the future, but there's no need to make him the captain right now.. if i'm in charge the only way he gets an A even is if they go with the 3 A's strategy til pronger is healthy.. briere/kimmo/giroux would be a good trio.. take roo's A away when pronger comes back and give pronger the C.. thats how i would do it

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well good, i am glad those many years of AIM have allowed me to communicate what i mean effectively

ha no doubt.. any time people start typing outside of their normal style its pretty easy to catch stuff