• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flat at the plate and falling in the standings, the Rangers fly to Anaheim for a weekend set

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We obviously have to bolster the rotation and fix the pen, but I would love to sign Lorenzo Cain.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your plan is to spend approximately what, $40 mil? And then there is the CF positon to be considered, at the very least.....But if we somehow got Ohtani, that's about $10M, Darvish is $20M+, Nicasio/Watson for how may mil per? It's an easy $40 million, and no, I'm not going to come up with a "plan" which resembles yours, now or tomorrow.

You honestly, don't have a plan.....just a free-spending wallet.
so fixing the rotation, the pen, picking up Perez and Barnett options and re-signing Gomez isn't a plan. So how do you suggest we fix the rotation and pen?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your plan is to spend approximately what, $40 mil? And then there is the CF positon to be considered, at the very least.....But if we somehow got Ohtani, that's about $10M, Darvish is $20M+, Nicasio/Watson for how may mil per? It's an easy $40 million, and no, I'm not going to come up with a "plan" which resembles yours, now or tomorrow.

You honestly, don't have a plan.....just a free-spending wallet.
i'm not asking for a plan that resembles mine give me something totally different that you think will work better.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am all for both but according to some spending money is wrong
I never said anything about money and Cain.
Spending money is fine but you have to stay within the budget. Signing perhaps one ace and a #3 or 4 is doable but not two aces and two quality relievers plus all other needs.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said anything about money and Cain.
Spending money is fine but you have to stay within the budget. Signing perhaps one ace and a #3 or 4 is doable but not two aces and two quality relievers plus all other needs.
we've got 4 or 5 #4 and #5 pitchers in Perez, Martinez, Gonzalez, Biben-Dirkx & Griffin but there is a huge gap between them and a #3. And Otani is unproven against MLB quality hitters so in my book he is a #3 with the potential to be a #1 or #2. We add another pitcher that serves as a #1 or #2 so that when Hamels moves on in 2019 we are ready. We are pretty well set offensively with Choo, Andrus, Mazara, Beltre, Gallo, Chirinos, Odor & Calhoun the only hole is center plus we need a better bench.

Last edited:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wanting the off season to begin.We all have ideas what to do but JD has not hinted a thing. Wonder how close we will get to him. Beltre will have a lot to do with what happens imo. If he stays then Gallo can play first. If that happens, Guzman's status may be altered. If Gallo should play LF and Guzman is at first that would be ideal IMO.

Just thinking out loud. Many options. Gallo could effect OF positions as well. Gonna be fun guys if we don't get hung up in the post season. LOL

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang. What ever happened to our long ball guys

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough start to Willie's ML career. He got a hit and RBI in his first AB. He hasn't gotten a hit since, and we've lost every game since he's been up.

It's now time to root for the Twins and Indians!

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wanting the off season to begin.We all have ideas what to do but JD has not hinted a thing. Wonder how close we will get to him. Beltre will have a lot to do with what happens imo. If he stays then Gallo can play first. If that happens, Guzman's status may be altered. If Gallo should play LF and Guzman is at first that would be ideal IMO.

Just thinking out loud. Many options. Gallo could effect OF positions as well. Gonna be fun guys if we don't get hung up in the post season. LOL
I think Beltre stays and he just might get an extension in ST.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have brought NM out there at all for that inning. He can depend on Barnette, Diekman, Claudio, and Kela. He choose to bring two kids in with men on base. They promptly shit the bed.

His choices in relief have been head scratchers, lots of times and his decisions have been a hot mess, way to often