• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flat at the plate and falling in the standings, the Rangers fly to Anaheim for a weekend set

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The apathy is really starting to set in.

I want the season to be done and over with at this point.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so fixing the rotation, the pen, picking up Perez and Barnett options and re-signing Gomez isn't a plan. So how do yo$30u suggest we fix the rotation and pen?

i'm not asking for a plan that resembles mine give me something totally different that you think will work better.

First thing, try getting your thoughts together and doing one post to reply to one post. Works better for everyone this way.

Look, there isn't a person who gives a shit about the Rangers who hasn't figured out, months ago actually, that we need 2 starting pitchers, and a couple of BP arms. There's no magic to this. And there's equally no easy solutions.

Your solution, and maybe it works, is just break the bank, add tens of millions to the payroll, and our long term future be damned. Going into the season, our payroll was 8th in the ML. Your suggestion of adding $30 million plus would vault us into 2nd place and this isn't going to happen. At least IMO.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His choices in relief have been head scratchers, lots of times and his decisions have been a hot mess, way to often

Agreed......But bringing in the same guys, over & over & over again, only means your going to wear the dependable one's out. Keep in mind, Claudio is pitching more innings this year than he's ever gotten close too, Diekman is just coming back and he may be on a limited pitch/inning count, and Kela is pretty much in the same boat with Diek.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed......But bringing in the same guys, over & over & over again, only means your going to wear the dependable one's out. Keep in mind, Claudio is pitching more innings this year than he's ever gotten close too, Diekman is just coming back and he may be on a limited pitch/inning count, and Kela is pretty much in the same boat with Diek.

Of course it wasn't his fault that Jeffress and Dyson stunk it up and he didnt have those 2 arms to rely on all year. That did not help Claudio's innings, as well as Diek's missed time and Kela and Bush being injured late. Alex should be applauded for what he has been called on to do

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex should be applauded for what he has been called on to do

Honestly admire the guy, who looks to me to be of limited abilities, yet has been rock solid for us all season, and most of last year too.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough start to Willie's ML career. He got a hit and RBI in his first AB. He hasn't gotten a hit since, and we've lost every game since he's been up.

Accurate, but depressing observation. ha Maybe he isn't the shoo-in for the starting LF job next season some thought.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accurate, but depressing observation. ha Maybe he isn't the shoo-in for the starting LF job next season some thought.

Maybe some of you guys will agree with me when I was saying earlier he shouldn't be called up this season.

They should've left him in the minors and given him a chance in spring training next year

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe some of you guys will agree with me when I was saying earlier he shouldn't be called up this season.

They should've left him in the minors and given him a chance in spring training next year

The minor league season is over. He's getting additional baseball experience he wouldn't be getting otherwise... how is not doing that preferential?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing, try getting your thoughts together and doing one post to reply to one post. Works better for everyone this way.

Look, there isn't a person who gives a shit about the Rangers who hasn't figured out, months ago actually, that we need 2 starting pitchers, and a couple of BP arms. There's no magic to this. And there's equally no easy solutions.

Your solution, and maybe it works, is just break the bank, add tens of millions to the payroll, and our long term future be damned. Going into the season, our payroll was 8th in the ML. Your suggestion of adding $30 million plus would vault us into 2nd place and this isn't going to happen. At least IMO.
well Hamels walks after 2018 and if Perez doesn't get his act together in 2018 they don't pick up his 2019 option so that would leave them with Otani and Arrieta/Darvish as 1 and 2 with holes to fill at 3, 4 & 5. And Beltre probably retires after 2018, so Gallo moves to 3rd, Guzman comes up and plays at 1st. It doesn't effect our long term future

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can tell a lot more about him now than you will be able to in ST. Him struggling in his first few at bats should have been expected. He will turn it around. He is too good of a hitter not to.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Hamels walks after 2018 and if Perez doesn't get his act together in 2018 they don't pick up his 2019 option so that would leave them with Otani and Arrieta/Darvish as 1 and 2 with holes to fill at 3, 4 & 5. And Beltre probably retires after 2018, so Gallo moves to 3rd, Guzman comes up and plays at 1st. It doesn't effect our long term future
Perez won the last 7 of 8 games. :L

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell a lot more about him now than you will be able to in ST. Him struggling in his first few at bats should have been expected. He will turn it around. He is too good of a hitter not to.

He's literally facing big league pitching for the first time.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to much assumption in this post.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez won the last 7 of 8 games. :L
in his last 10 starts he has pitched 60.0 innings and given up 34 earned runs that's a 5.10 ERA. Yes the Rangers won 7 of of those but it was the team that won most of those inspite of Perez

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in his last 10 starts he has pitched 60.0 innings and given up 34 earned runs that's a 5.10 ERA. Yes the Rangers won 7 of of those but it was the team that won most of those inspite of Perez
It's always the team that wins a game. Everyone knows he has improved his game and made changes in his delivery that is making the difference. Either you don't watch or listen to the games. You seldom post till after games are over. I wonder why.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to much assumption in this post.
normal projections that assume that Hamels at the end of his contract moves on and that Beltre with his physical problems and age opts to retire. And normal assumption that if Beltre retires then the obvious move is to move Gallo to 3rd his normal position and that Guzman comes up to man 1st. And another assumption that i didn't include would be Leody Taveras being brought up to cover CF

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
normal projections that assume that Hamels at the end of his contract moves on and that Beltre with his physical problems and age opts to retire. And normal assumption that if Beltre retires then the obvious move is to move Gallo to 3rd his normal position and that Guzman comes up to man 1st. And another assumption that i didn't include would be Leody Taveras being brought up to cover CF
It's your opinion and nothing else.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always the team that wins a game. Everyone knows he has improved his game and made changes in his delivery that is making the difference. Either you don't watch or listen to the games. You seldom post till after games are over. I wonder why.
i watch the games and i have noted that with the rare exception he throws at least 1+ crooked number inning. He may throw 3, 4 or 5 beautiful innings but eventually he delivers a crooked inningawf