• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final game in the regular season

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...we are finally at game 48 in the lockout shortened season.

Hawks win the President's Trophy.
Hawks one goal up on the Sens for giving up the fewest goals in the NHL
Hawks second to the Pens in scoring, trailing by three goals

St Louis Blues trying to move up in the standings. A win for them clinches fourth place and home ice for the first round. Fourth through eighth still up for grabs, although the Blues, Kings and Sharks are assured of being in the playoffs and will be four through six seeds.

Wings, Wild and Blue Jackets duke it out for the last two spots. Wings play at Dallas, Wild plays at Colorado against the lowly Avs and the BJ's play at home against Nashville. Funny that all of the wannabes are playing against teams that have been eliminated already. Interesting end to the season in the West.

Hawks report that Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook and Hjamerlsson stayed in Chicago and obviously will not play tonight.

Available for the Hawks look to be:

Bickell, Shaw, Stalberg
Frolik, Kruger, Bollig
Mayers, Carcillo, Handzus and your choice of Saad, LeBlanc, Pirri, Morin, Hayes, Ben Smith

Oduya, Rozsival, Leddy, Montador, Brookbank, Lalonde, Clendening, Stanton

Hutton and Karlsson

I'm guessing Q rests ALL the starters and goes with the bench guys (Mayers, Carcillo, Bollig) and the Black Aces (AHL'ers). That should give Saad, Bickell, Stalberg time off for good behavior, along with Leddy and Oduya.

Also guessing that Hutton and Karlsson split time in goal. After all, fair is fair.

I'm out and about tonight. Guessing I won't be missing much. Hawks deserve all the time off they can get. Kudos to them.

Good luck in the playoffs Hawks.

PS For a really good chuckle, go to Yahoo Sports and see how the idiot NHL beat writer has the Penguins ranked Number One in his Power Rankings. Not quite sure what game he has been watching. Of course, he also calls the Carolina NHL team the Carolina Panthers. I told you he was an idiot.