• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Summer beers

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really liking Shiner's White Wing Belgian Ale. Their Ruby Redbird is okay, the kind of thing you get every once in awhile in a bar but don't bother to buy a pack of in the store. Both very good summer beers though.

I think shiner makes a great beer. I love their 101 the best. Not a fan of Ruby Redbird or Wild Hare; however.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think shiner makes a great beer. I love their 101 the best. Not a fan of Ruby Redbird or Wild Hare; however.

Don't know that I've tried their 101, what style is it?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually came across that at Total Wine, it's good stuff.

Saw a flyer today that it won "2013 Best IPA". Happy that Bells is getting national recognition. Great beers, great bar, even greater beer garden. (TH'd has always been my favorite, but Oberon is their summer beer. Give it a try if you haven't yet.)

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2hzj285.jpg
[/IMG]

This is a solid beer to have in the fridge too.

I like Two hearted as well.

Sierra Nevada is a cheaper good beer.

Red label Sessions are a must for the fridge.

-DUB-

Last edited by a moderator:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, my favorite summer beers are both from Leinenkugel's: Berry Weiss, Lemon Berry and Summer Shandy.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 New Belgium beers I'm NOT impressed with
Summer Helles
Spring Blond
Snapshot

Had to try them, but I'm not a fan. All very light and not fart producing.

Must be that thin air, every one of those beers tasted excellent down here at sealevel, and of course when it's 90 in the shade that doesn't hurt either, I drink the shit out of all those varieties as long as they are on sale.

After all that's why they are called "summer" beers.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Flash West Coast IPA. Doesn't matter the season.:suds:

I actually just tried the Green Flash Palate Wrecker this past week and it was pretty damn tasty. That was my first experience with Green Flash and I enjoyed it so I will definitely try and find this one too.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summer in Michigan is heaven on earth...

Michigan explodes in the Summer (like no other state, imo) with festivals, carnivals, major water sports events and non-stop partying everywhere. We'll be spending July & August there, partaking to the full.

Saw a flyer today that it won "2013 Best IPA". Happy that Bells is getting national recognition. Great beers, great bar, even greater beer garden. (TH'd has always been my favorite, but Oberon is their summer beer. Give it a try if you haven't yet.)

Just got back from the Tower Party Store on Buford Hwy...copped 4 longneck 12s of locally-brewed Sweetwater 420 for to be dranken in medical marijuana Michigan by Michiganders while I be dranking their Bells brews.

I've never met a Bells that hasn't rung mine. First-class dranking at reasonable pricing...like my Maker's.

:suds:

3riverbabe

32 flavors & then some
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan explodes in the Summer (like no other state, imo) with festivals, carnivals, major water sports events and non-stop partying everywhere. We'll be spending July & August there, partaking to the full.

Just got back from the Tower Party Store on Buford Hwy...copped 4 longneck 12s of locally-brewed Sweetwater 420 for to be dranken in medical marijuana Michigan by Michiganders while I be dranking their Bells brews.

I've never met a Bells that hasn't rung mine. First-class dranking at reasonable pricing...like my Maker's.

I like Sweetwater 420 too.

I'll be visiting Michigan at the end of the month. What beers should I try?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I miss Sweetwater 420. Too bad you can't find it up north.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just out of curiousity anyone know if Mexicali still exists? haven't had any since I was on the west coast years ago