• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my, ideal pipe dream-esque, scenario, either Bo Nix or Drake Maye fall to where maybe Seattle, LAR, T.B. gets an unexpected shot at them where they can afford to let them sit and learn behind their veteran
Interesting thought. Schneider has met with Maye at the combine ( as well as Daniels) and afterwards said the reason is you never know if a player will drop. Maye has some of the attributes JS likes-good size, great arm, and mobile. Haven't paid hardly any attention to Maye ( didn't seem realistic possible the Seahawks could draft him) so I just watched the Clemson game and he sure didn't look good to me that game, but one game against a superior opponent may not be ideal to get a feel of his potential. So I'm going to try to watch more of his games. The idea of the Seahawks drafting Maye is sort of exciting for me although I've been a Penix supporter (naturally him being a Husky player and going to the championship).

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah my pick was Penix to Denver
After hearing that Sean Payton wanted Mahomes in that draft, (maybe its a small sample size) i will say that he does have a knack for picking QB.
Will be very interested to see who Denver takes.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Payton has been dying to get a nice Penix in his hands, he would definitely be thrilled if one fell in his lap. If there were 2 Penixes in this draft he'd be double fisting them

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After hearing that Sean Payton wanted Mahomes in that draft, (maybe its a small sample size) i will say that he does have a knack for picking QB.
Will be very interested to see who Denver takes.
perhaps a knack for identifying a good QB..he has yet to actually pick a good one.

IN fact Payton has only drafted 3 QB's. ever. None of whom even became decent back ups
2020 Tommy Stevens in the seventh
2015 Garret Grayson in the 3rd
2010 Sean Canfield in the seventh

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess with the FA period coming up, this is the start of the extension signings.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems too obvious at this point and it is terrifying to think about that offense with Saquon
Pretty sure Saquon every season leads all RB consistently in "attempts for negative loss" yards.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Saquon every season leads all RB consistently in "attempts for negative loss" yards.
You take the good with the bad but to have another homer hitter on that team stuck with Pierce and some Singletary would be a nice fit. Just don't overpay

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps a knack for identifying a good QB..he has yet to actually pick a good one.

IN fact Payton has only drafted 3 QB's. ever. None of whom even became decent back ups
2020 Tommy Stevens in the seventh
2015 Garret Grayson in the 3rd
2010 Sean Canfield in the seventh
I think there are two competing narrative on the 'Sean Payton' QB. Payton was the guy the Chiefs jumped to get Mahomes and Payton called Caleb Williams a generational prospect that might cause the NFL to change rules on tanking. But allegedly he has a preference for QBs who make good and quick decisions and don't really require a lot of razzle dazzle so I see a lot of mocks with him taking Bo Nix or JJ McCarthy. Caleb Williams is a lot of things but quick processing isnt one of them.

I think there is a really good chance Payton would've taken Marshon Lattimore even with Mahomes on the board. Saints were known for trading up. Chiefs were pretty open about being interested in Mahomes and to a lesser extent Watson. Saints could've locked Mahomes down if they had any clue.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, a distinct possibility. I hope not, but i also hope they don't trade for Fields. I'm not sure what they SHOULD do at QB this year, but honestly I'd rather tread water with O'Connell than make a real commitment to any of the FA options, and Fields is going to be more expensive than he's worth.

If someone doesn't fall to 13, or if they don't trade up..I truly hope they simply move forward with what they've got.

Honestly I'm hoping they make a smaller deal for Mac Jones after NE selects their new guy in the top 3. Grab a Spencer Rattler or M. Pratt later in the draft, let them and O'Connell battle it out in '24, try again next year if needed. RW is likely an improvement, but he's not what's going to beat the Chiefs, or any other decent team. But he's good enough to win enough games to keep you out of the top ten in draft position, so what's the point in signing him as a stopgap or bridge?

Vegas needs a full reset trade Adams and anyone else worth decent draft capital and start hitting that college tape hard..for all positions. there should be no one on this team over the age of 28

My money is on the Falcons signing WIlson. A Shanny/McVay disciple like Robinson and a defensive minded coach like Morris might see the value in whatever his remaining RPO game might have left in driving a strong rushing attack, and RW can still toss a beautiful play action pass..if the run game is working - he just can't read a defense or manage progressions form the pocket. And I think given the offensive talent they have on that team, they'd prefer to have a vet QB vs a rookie, where by the time that kid is rolling, the skill guys are up for extensions. And they have a winnable division-if they have a competent QB..Vegas does not
Spencer Rattler is such a Raider name.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take the good with the bad
The Facts Of Life Diffrent Strokes GIF by ABC Network

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz signs with Commanders?
Free agency hasnt started?
Is it because he was not under a contract?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz signs with Commanders?
Free agency hasnt started?
Is it because he was not under a contract?
I found this:

As a result of ending last season on Detroit's practice squad, Ertz is eligible to ink a new contract before the start of the new league year March 13.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this:

As a result of ending last season on Detroit's practice squad, Ertz is eligible to ink a new contract before the start of the new league year March 13.
Which would imply that if they so had chosen, the Lions could've blocked it by signing him to the active roster.

No point to doing so as he'd be a UFA come the 13th anyways, but this was basically no different then signing anyone else off of another team's practice squad.

It does mean that Ertz, will have to be on the 'active' roster for the next 6 days, or he reverts back to the Lions.. for whatever that's worth

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers beat writer Gerry Dulac reports the team has interest in signing Russell Wilson.

This works great for me. I have zero Steelers stock, fantasy or IRL, by all means make that mistake. Anything that keeps him out of Vegas