• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz reports Mike Evans’ agent, Deryk Gilmore, said Evans “wants to play with an elite quarterback in an offense that will showcase him.”
In addition to wanting to play with an “elite quarterback,” Evans’ agent also said he wants to be “paid like a top wide receiver” and he “doesn’t want to play with a rookie QB

well, welcome to KC, or maybe Buffalo if they get rid of Diggs.. those are only places you'll find elite QB's as far as an offense that can showcase him

The other 'elite' QB's, Lamar- that offense features Lamaar because he can't showcase a WR, and Hurts- kind features Hurts as well, but with AJ Brown and D. Smith both being younger, they aren't likely trading one of them out for a 31 year old WR to lead the team. Same applies to Burrows with Chase and franchise tagged Higgins.

The next step down?

Maybe he thinks Stroud is elite or will be very soon, but they're set with WR's too. Same with Tua and Hill/Waddle, There's Herbert, but they're still stuck with two massive contracts at WR. Dak and the Cowboys, could easily let Gallup and/or Cook walk but they're showcasing Lamb no matter what. Stafford and the Niners- Stafford is no longer in that category, even if he was, they've got Kupp and Nacua, no need for Evans.
Don't know where Cousins end up, but most likely the Vikes, where there's JJ..I guess they could make a nice tandem, but will Cousins be there, and willbhe still be better than average after his injuries at his age?

And now we're getting pretty far removed from "elite", but..
Purdy and the Niners? Set with Deebo and Aiyuk
Goff and the Lions? Set and with Sun God and Jameson Williams, not to mention LaPorta

Love, Feilds, Lawrence, Carr, Mayfeild?? These can't be the level of dudes that Evans could be referring to, can they?
Watson was elite at one time. Does it count if he is elite at receiving massages?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz reports Mike Evans’ agent, Deryk Gilmore, said Evans “wants to play with an elite quarterback in an offense that will showcase him.”
In addition to wanting to play with an “elite quarterback,” Evans’ agent also said he wants to be “paid like a top wide receiver” and he “doesn’t want to play with a rookie QB

well, welcome to KC, or maybe Buffalo if they get rid of Diggs.. those are only places you'll find elite QB's as far as an offense that can showcase him

The other 'elite' QB's, Lamar- that offense features Lamaar because he can't showcase a WR, and Hurts- kind features Hurts as well, but with AJ Brown and D. Smith both being younger, they aren't likely trading one of them out for a 31 year old WR to lead the team. Same applies to Burrows with Chase and franchise tagged Higgins.

The next step down?

Maybe he thinks Stroud is elite or will be very soon, but they're set with WR's too. Same with Tua and Hill/Waddle, There's Herbert, but they're still stuck with two massive contracts at WR. Dak and the Cowboys, could easily let Gallup and/or Cook walk but they're showcasing Lamb no matter what. Stafford and the Niners- Stafford is no longer in that category, even if he was, they've got Kupp and Nacua, no need for Evans.
Don't know where Cousins end up, but most likely the Vikes, where there's JJ..I guess they could make a nice tandem, but will Cousins be there, and willbhe still be better than average after his injuries at his age?

Goff and the Lions? Set and with Sun God and Jameson Williams, not to mention LaPorta

Love, Feilds, Lawrence, Carr, Mayfeild?? These can't be the level of dudes that Evans could be referring to, can they?
Didn’t he also say he wanted to be a Buc for the rest of his career. Obviously certain things aren’t important at this point in his career. I’m not sure his expectations are realistic

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t he also say he wanted to be a Buc for the rest of his career.
I think he followed that comment up with "but this is a business"

His last shot at a big pay day, probably his last shot at being part of a realistic Super Bowl team...sure he might want to be a lifetime Buc, but which "want" is stronger? The big pay day? The ring? Or finishing a great career with the team that drafted you?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The next step down?

Lawrence and Jacksonville then

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence and Jacksonville then
IMHO, all that Lawrence has proven is that he's not elite, nor near elite. Same category as Mayfield, Love, Carr..(as previously notated).
I think there's a reason they haven't picked up his 5th year option, nor signed him to an extension yet. I'm not at all convinced that he'll be the long term QB for the Jags, or anyone else. I predict a very Ryan Fitzpatrick-esque career for Mr Lawrence

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, all that Lawrence has proven is that he's not elite, nor near elite. Same category as Mayfield, Love, Carr..(as previously notated).
I think there's a reason they haven't picked up his 5th year option, nor signed him to an extension yet. I'm not at all convinced that he'll be the long term QB for the Jags, or anyone else. I predict a very Ryan Fitzpatrick-esque career for Mr Lawrence
He has been underwhelming for being the “Golden Boy” through his #1 prospect days and Clemson days. He was projected to go #1 overall basically out of HS years before. He had one very good seasons and two less than average seasons. Maybe Evans thinks he can be elite but he is not close at this point

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly wouldn't call Lawrence elite but I do think he is somewhere above that 'middling but kinda disappointing' label, too. Baalke is maybe the worst GM in the league currently. Everyone made fun of the Jags for their WR signings and then it sorta looked like Baalke did the right thing but its still not a good WR corps imo. I think Lawrence is in the Matt Ryan zone personally. Good enough to get respect but might only have maybe 1 or 2 elite seasons in him if everything goes right

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State RB Trey Benson ran a 4.39 40-yard dash at the 2024 NFL Scouting Combine.
Benson checked in at six feet tall and weighed 216 pounds. The former Seminole’s 4.39 ranked as the third-fast time amongst all backs, while his 9.77 RAS is elite for the overall position. Considered by some to be the top back of the class, Benson’s strong showing at the combine could be enough to earn him early Day 2 draft capital and a chance to contribute early in the season.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans staying in Tampa, Baker contract next?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The next step down?

Didn’t he also say he wanted to be a Buc for the rest of his career. Obviously certain things aren’t important at this point in his career. I’m not sure his expectations are realistic
well, I guess the desire to cash a big assed check, and play for the team that drafted him, won over the desire to have an elite QB or a realistic shot to play for a SB.

Not that the SB is entirely a pipe dream for them, their division is still very winnable, and getting a seat at the table is all that's needed for a realistic chance i guess. Although no one is going to pick them over Philly, SF, DALL..

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly wouldn't call Lawrence elite but I do think he is somewhere above that 'middling but kinda disappointing' label, too. Baalke is maybe the worst GM in the league currently. Everyone made fun of the Jags for their WR signings and then it sorta looked like Baalke did the right thing but its still not a good WR corps imo. I think Lawrence is in the Matt Ryan zone personally. Good enough to get respect but might only have maybe 1 or 2 elite seasons in him if everything goes right
Matt Ryan is probably not a terrible comparison, although Matty Ice always seemed as though he was constantly right on the cusp of being elite, even when the offenses where entirely geared around Michaël Turner, even though they had Roddy and Julio- everything started and ended on the ground game..even through the Freeman/Coleman year, very much a run heavy attack.
Whereas Lawrence has, thus far, seems right on the cusp of being labeled a bust, but just good enough to not really be seriously considered one..yet in todays 60-40 pass heavy times

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Ryan is probably not a terrible comparison, although Matty Ice always seemed as though he was constantly right on the cusp of being elite, even when the offenses where entirely geared around Michaël Turner, even though they had Roddy and Julio- everything started and ended on the ground game..even through the Freeman/Coleman year, very much a run heavy attack.
Whereas Lawrence has, thus far, seems right on the cusp of being labeled a bust, but just good enough to not really be seriously considered one..yet in todays 60-40 pass heavy times
If you throw out his first season, Trevor Lawrence with his middling supporting cast is a game over .500, around a 7.1 YPA, AV 14. His season 2 and 3 are better than most QBs who busted. There is one who is similar - Marcus Mariota. Its actually not too hard to see him going down that path if he doesn't have a good season this year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I guess the desire to cash a big assed check, and play for the team that drafted him, won over the desire to have an elite QB or a realistic shot to play for a SB.

Not that the SB is entirely a pipe dream for them, their division is still very winnable, and getting a seat at the table is all that's needed for a realistic chance i guess. Although no one is going to pick them over Philly, SF, DALL..
He knocked out two of the three. Big payday and be a longtime Buc. He won't get to play with an elite QB but Baker played alright. Very good season actually. Like you said, the division is easy. We will see what Atlanta does in the offseason but other than that the division is winnable.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you throw out his first season, Trevor Lawrence with his middling supporting cast is a game over .500, around a 7.1 YPA, AV 14. His season 2 and 3 are better than most QBs who busted. There is one who is similar - Marcus Mariota. Its actually not too hard to see him going down that path if he doesn't have a good season this year.
Yea I could see that too, although I do put him above Marriota..WInston too for that matter since they seem to be somewhat intertwined. I think Lawrence is a starting caliber QB..he just ain't anything special, at least not yet. I don't wanna pronounce some final judgement on a kid who only has 3 seasons under belt, but the results are what they are, and that is, underwhelming given his expectations

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knocked out two of the three. Big payday and be a longtime Buc. He won't get to play with an elite QB but Baker played alright. Very good season actually. Like you said, the division is easy. We will see what Atlanta does in the offseason but other than that the division is winnable.
Well Carr got the Raiders to the playoffs, twice, with less talent, or equal to at best, with his rag tag bunch in Oakland, than he currently has in N.O. so I wouldn't count them out either.
And yea, like you mentioned, a ton will depend on who is QB in Atlanta and how the new regime sets up an offense. IF Zac Robinson is a good "branch' of the Mike and Kyle Shannahan/Kubiak/McVay coaching tree, and they grab themselves one of the 2 dozen or so WR's predicted in the first 2 rounds to go with Bijan, London and Pitts., they could be very scary offensively. I have no doubts R. Morris will have an adequate at worst defense

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if they shit on us again?

It's only been two months since it happened.