• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles in Talks with Dolphins RE: Byron Maxwell Trade

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he's not a #1 CB, it's why I said he was way overpaid even then. He's a #2 CB. We still need a #1 and a #2 now.

Rowe is one possibility to be the #2. Also Carroll shouldn't be a tough signing coming off of injury. It doesn't really create a hole, especially when you consider the money it frees up to fill that hole or any other one. At best we had too many #2 CBs. We also have the two rookies from last year in the depth chart, Evans and Shepherd.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
# 8 could get us a pretty nice bounty. If we traded 8 for say something in the later teens, what could the rest of the return bring? I am thinking at least a 2nd and maybe something else.

Could probably get a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year if you move down far enough. In some scenarios you might even by able to get a future first out of someone. Like maybe the Rams want to move up for Goff.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rowe is one possibility to be the #2. Also Carroll shouldn't be a tough signing coming off of injury. It doesn't really create a hole, especially when you consider the money it frees up to fill that hole or any other one. At best we had too many #2 CBs. We also have the two rookies from last year in the depth chart, Evans and Shepherd.
This would be a great place to draft pretty much anybody. If true, #8 opens up a whole new can of options. Trade it and swap #1s along w a 2nd rounder.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Eagles also reportedly have DeMarco Murray and Ryan Mathews on the trading block. Howie Roseman is using former Chip Kelly acquisitions as bait."

I think this is going too far. Ryan Mathews was very good for us, and I'm not ready to give up on Murray just yet. I understand just seeing what people are willing to offer, but I sincerely hope we don't just let either one of these guys go.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What CB, OT and qb can you guys see as a possibility at 8, that was NOT likely at 13???

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What CB, OT and qb can you guys see as a possibility at 8, that was NOT likely at 13???
I just did 2 mocks for just the 8th pick, in both Carson Wentz, Hargreaves was availbale in one of them.

G

greenwing

"The Eagles also reportedly have DeMarco Murray and Ryan Mathews on the trading block. Howie Roseman is using former Chip Kelly acquisitions as bait."

I think this is going too far. Ryan Mathews was very good for us, and I'm not ready to give up on Murray just yet. I understand just seeing what people are willing to offer, but I sincerely hope we don't just let either one of these guys go.

Why? Is Howie making his a personal thing or something? This has bad PR written all over it. Lurie take control of your damn team will you!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see or hear this from someone half legit or from someone on twitter hoping for it? I ask only cause I saw someone on twitter saying it and not a "reporter" type.

I had seen in same tweet response that it was just a swapping of 3rd n 4th...Our 4th for their 3rd and gives us cap space.

They said that it could be, on 97.5 the Fanatic. I don't usually spread rumors, but there seems to be some smoke. We'll see soon.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Pederson doesnt want them? I'm sure Howie isnt just running amok without the backing of his recently hired HC.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Is Howie making his a personal thing or something? This has bad PR written all over it. Lurie take control of your damn team will you!

Yeah, I think Howie has a vendetta for sure, and I think Jeffrey sanctions all of this. Howie should be grateful to chip, since he got a $200K raise, adndnow he's back in the saddle. Now, if only he can draft???

G

greenwing

Yeah, I think Howie has a vendetta for sure, and I think Jeffrey sanctions all of this. Howie should be grateful to chip, since he got a $200K raise, adndnow he's back in the saddle. Now, if only he can draft???

This makes me very very nervous about the integrity of how this team is run. Players wont want to play here.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Report saying we could be in the Osemele running,now that we have more cap room.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Report saying we could be in the Osemele running,now that we have more cap room.
Not sure shelling out huge money for a guard is the wisest way to spend money.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Byron "Toast" Maxwell.

He only looked good because the rest of the Seahawks secondary at the time was all pro with back to back SB appearances.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need Mathews AND Murray, that is the bottom line. I can see putting both on the block and seeing if you can unload one.