• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles/Cards Game Thread

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thursday's game is a must win. green bay has a somewhat tough schedule coming up and beating the panthers would obviously give the eagles the tiebreaker edge, +1. they would have a solid shot at going 7-1 with the skins and 49ers.

this matchup could possibly be the difference in the end between the eagles just making the playoffs or pushing their way towards a possible bye/homefield.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minus a few mistakes, he has done an excellent job these last 3 weeks. but winning doesn't just erase those mistakes.

This is one of the most ridiculous comments I have every read on any forum. It also solidifies the opinion that there is nothing Doug Pederson can do that will make you like him.

How many coaches call flawless games? I personally think Bill Belichick is the best coach in the NFL and he makes mistakes every week. Even during his Superbowl seasons. Your expectations of Pederson are just ridiculous. What has impressed me the most about Pederson so far is that he learns from mistakes and attempts to correct them. Anyone that is paying attention can see this. He still does things that I don't understand but they are working. Blount being absent in the first half was a head scratcher for me but then you see him late in the game pounding a defense into submission. Doug Pederson has made him a closer and he is great at it.

Doug Pederson I have to say has done a fantastic job and I was very critical of him early on. I still am on the fence about him but he as I said before he is doing something that Reid has never done IMO and that is adapt to situation. Right how he should be in the running for Coach of the Year.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one said pederson didn't do a good job. minus a few mistakes, he has done an excellent job these last 3 weeks. but winning doesn't just erase those mistakes. that's the view an 8 year old should have. next time pederson makes a mental mistake like that before the half.. maybe that team hits their field goal, gets pumped up and flips the script in the 2nd half. then it's not so funny and easy to forget, especially if it happens in the postseason.

if grown men are going to watch the game, post on forums and try to engage in intellectual discussion.. then their overall feel shouldn't be "YAY, WE'RE 4-1! SO EVERYONE SHOULD JUST SHUT UP AND NEVER SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE!" how did that work last year when we started 3-0? people ran that same BS then. the same applies to the opposite.

i remember way back in the day, 2002 i believe, when the eagles were 7-3 and mcnabb got hurt. all these fans were saying the season was over, no chance for the postseason. i explained how great the defense was, detmer (later feeley) would be fine, and we could easily go 3-3 to win 10. they're all like "no way, you're stupid. get lost idiot." so the eagles win their next five and rest for their last one to finish 12-4.

and now everyone is talking about how unstoppable the eagles are, how they can win the superbowl, etc. i mention what some of them said earlier and now they're like "stop trying to start trouble" and "that was the past man." and my favorite "dude, stop being a dick and just enjoy the winning." as if they weren't the clowns declaring the season over and hammering anyone with a positive view.

point being; if people intend to discuss sports, then they need to take the negative with the positive and seperate what it all means. not just live game to game. else, what's the fucking point of discussing it?

thursday's game is a must win. green bay has a somewhat tough schedule coming up and beating the panthers would obviously give the eagles the tiebreaker edge, +1. they would have a solid shot at going 7-1 with the skins and 49ers.

this matchup could possibly be the difference in the end between the eagles just making the playoffs or pushing their way towards a possible bye/homefield.
Lel.

Bitches about people saying the Eagles are going to win the Super Bowl.

Next post is about HFA in the playoffs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Rey. This Carolina game will be a good heat check for us. Man, if we manage to win on the short week on the road, then have a nice chunk of time off for guys to lick their wounds...we'd be in excellent shape.

Carolina is favored at home as you might expect. They have been playing well and it will be a tough one for us, but I think we have a chance to start 5-1.

Lane Johnson is supposedly saying he will go Thursday, but reports are mixed on that, saying he has to go through concussion protocol and that timing is too tight.

This is going to be a tough one. Short week on the road is always hard. Even if we lose, I expect to handle them when we see them again in the Playoffs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one said pederson didn't do a good job. minus a few mistakes, he has done an excellent job these last 3 weeks. but winning doesn't just erase those mistakes. that's the view an 8 year old should have. next time pederson makes a mental mistake like that before the half.. maybe that team hits their field goal, gets pumped up and flips the script in the 2nd half. then it's not so funny and easy to forget, especially if it happens in the postseason.

if grown men are going to watch the game, post on forums and try to engage in intellectual discussion.. then their overall feel shouldn't be "YAY, WE'RE 4-1! SO EVERYONE SHOULD JUST SHUT UP AND NEVER SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE!" how did that work last year when we started 3-0? people ran that same BS then. the same applies to the opposite.

i remember way back in the day, 2002 i believe, when the eagles were 7-3 and mcnabb got hurt. all these fans were saying the season was over, no chance for the postseason. i explained how great the defense was, detmer (later feeley) would be fine, and we could easily go 3-3 to win 10. they're all like "no way, you're stupid. get lost idiot." so the eagles win their next five and rest for their last one to finish 12-4.

and now everyone is talking about how unstoppable the eagles are, how they can win the superbowl, etc. i mention what some of them said earlier and now they're like "stop trying to start trouble" and "that was the past man." and my favorite "dude, stop being a dick and just enjoy the winning." as if they weren't the clowns declaring the season over and hammering anyone with a positive view.

point being; if people intend to discuss sports, then they need to take the negative with the positive and seperate what it all means. not just live game to game. else, what's the fucking point of discussing it?

You sound like a clown. Maybe you aren't always like that, maybe it's just the 2 best coaches in the league right now being Andy Reid and Doug Pederson has you in a little emotional tizzy.:noidea:

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the most ridiculous comments I have every read on any forum. It also solidifies the opinion that there is nothing Doug Pederson can do that will make you like him.

How many coaches call flawless games? I personally think Bill Belichick is the best coach in the NFL and he makes mistakes every week. Even during his Superbowl seasons. Your expectations of Pederson are just ridiculous. What has impressed me the most about Pederson so far is that he learns from mistakes and attempts to correct them. Anyone that is paying attention can see this. He still does things that I don't understand but they are working. Blount being absent in the first half was a head scratcher for me but then you see him late in the game pounding a defense into submission. Doug Pederson has made him a closer and he is great at it.

Doug Pederson I have to say has done a fantastic job and I was very critical of him early on. I still am on the fence about him but he as I said before he is doing something that Reid has never done IMO and that is adapt to situation. Right how he should be in the running for Coach of the Year.
ADAPTING TO SITUATIONS IS THE KEY. You nailed it!

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lel.

Bitches about people saying the Eagles are going to win the Super Bowl.

Next post is about HFA in the playoffs.

LEARN HOW TO READ!

i was clearly talking about 2002 and how so many so called fans went from declaring the eagles as dead at 7-3 just because mcnabb was hurt.. only to turn around a month later and talk about them as some unstoppable force and super bowl favorite. then acting like they never railed on the team to begin with. all because they're blind and live game to game.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

again with you people, reading comprehension!!!!!!!!!!

you quote my post, which includes "he has done an excellent job these last 3 weeks." and spin it into i will never like pederson. you know, whatever. like i was saying about dutch earlier, i can't stand when people play the homer role and refuse to break down flaws that can or will cost their team in the future.

there's only one goal every year, to win the superbowl. if your team has a legit say in it, then you better shake the mistakes. and at the top of the list is always the coaching staff. ignoring a big mistake simply because it didn't cost the eagles in the end this time is nonsense. all i did was comment on it. i'd love to see you guys with pete carroll after he tried to get cute at the end and choked away the superbowl.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like a clown. Maybe you aren't always like that, maybe it's just the 2 best coaches in the league right now being Andy Reid and Doug Pederson has you in a little emotional tizzy.:noidea:

it's cute you think i really care about a coach. i don't give a shit who is on the sidelines. i'm only interested in seeing the team i root for win. reid was never good enough to win in the postseason. he's a choker when it comes to clutch coaching. he's a beast in the regular season. both are widely shared views. and we all know it will happen again this season with their 5-0 jump.

pederson was making postseason reid mistakes in regular season games. again, a widely shared view. this season he started off slow, but has turned it around. and again, i've certainly given him credit for the job he has done. not "ok" or "good".. i've said excellent multiple times with what he has done the last 3 weeks. and it's no surprise the eagles have won all three games.

you people mention a bad throw from wentz, a drop from smith, a missed block, whatever.. but i can't mention a pederson mistake? :nono:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you quote my post, which includes "he has done an excellent job these last 3 weeks." and spin it into i will never like pederson. you know, whatever. like i was saying about dutch earlier, i can't stand when people play the homer role and refuse to break down flaws that can or will cost their team in the future.

there's only one goal every year, to win the superbowl. if your team has a legit say in it, then you better shake the mistakes. and at the top of the list is always the coaching staff. ignoring a big mistake simply because it didn't cost the eagles in the end this time is nonsense. all i did was comment on it. i'd love to see you guys with pete carroll after he tried to get cute at the end and choked away the superbowl.

Whatever dude....it is obvious your post was a bitchfest because you don't like Pederson. Yes I am aware you said he has done an excellent job the past 3 weeks but you keep bitching about his previous mistakes.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever dude....it is obvious your post was a bitchfest because you don't like Pederson. Yes I am aware you said he has done an excellent job the past 3 weeks but you keep bitching about his previous mistakes.

how so? i mentioned it when it happened. then i picked right up and said hopefully the eagles come out attacking and put the cards away on their opening 2nd half drive. and when they chewed up nearly 6 minutes and punched in a field goal, i was more than happy.

anything else is replies to the original comment. instead of bitching about my bitching.. does anyone want to counter that it was a SMART move to risk throwing a deep ball up 14, at home and with a chance to run out the half?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anything else is replies to the original comment. instead of bitching about my bitching.. does anyone want to counter that it was a SMART move to risk throwing a deep ball up 14, at home and with a chance to run out the half?

The Eagles won 34-7 and you are still here bitching about a single play call? This is my point. The Eagles dominated the Cardinals and you are crying about single calls instead of looking at the entire body of work. I am not here bitching about your bitching. I am merely making a comment that your posts are all geared towards your hatred to Pederson. You can call it what you want but we see it for what it is. Doug Pederson is now in the argument for coach of the year. Your the only one with his head up his ass arguing about a handful of plays.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how so? i mentioned it when it happened. then i picked right up and said hopefully the eagles come out attacking and put the cards away on their opening 2nd half drive. and when they chewed up nearly 6 minutes and punched in a field goal, i was more than happy.

Yes, it was smart to shoot to kill, instead of shoot to maim. Pederson shoots to kill. Pederson has balls and doesn't think like a whiny bitch like you. Try to understand his superior perspective.

This whole team plays balls out. They come at you and they don't let up. That comes from the coach. And it doesn't matter a lick if you can see it or not.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm bored with the pederson dick riding. the team as a whole has been very good this season. i guess i'll just start blasting any future comments here that hint at negativity, regardless of how accurate they are.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles won 34-7 and you are still here bitching about a single play call? This is my point. The Eagles dominated the Cardinals and you are crying about single calls instead of looking at the entire body of work. I am not here bitching about your bitching. I am merely making a comment that your posts are all geared towards your hatred to Pederson. You can call it what you want but we see it for what it is. Doug Pederson is now in the argument for coach of the year. Your the only one with his head up his ass arguing about a handful of plays.

This!!! This is the only point!

For someone like me who did not have chance to watch the game yesterday popping in here and checking during and after the game was an outlet wasted. I see the score says 34-7....but half of the messages posted here (in the GAME THREAD) went on for hours on one fucking play. Ridiculous and frankly shameful.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm bored with the pederson dick riding. the team as a whole has been very good this season. i guess i'll just start blasting any future comments here that hint at negativity, regardless of how accurate they are.

Thank you.

Or better yet.....if you note that you are the only one feeling negative about something maybe pick up on that sign.

A lifetime as an Eagle fan has taught me one thing....when there is something to truly bitch about more than one of us is bitching about it. Good rule of thumb.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is that many of these alleged flaws primarily live in your imagination, and those that from the outset have maintained that Doug is a bad coach, and always will be a bad coach.

The fact that I am unwilling to look at flaws that can cost the team in the future is also a ridiculous assertion of yours. And anyone who has been around on these boards and KFFL knows that your assertion is a complete fallacy.

Again, pretty much the only one bitching and moaning about the final drive of the half is you. Pretty much everyone puts the blame for those two plays where it belongs: with Wentz.

There's only one goal every year, to win the superbowl. if your team has a legit say in it, then you better shake the mistakes. and at the top of the list is always the coaching staff. ignoring a big mistake simply because it didn't cost the eagles in the end this time is nonsense. all i did was comment on it. i'd love to see you guys with pete carroll after he tried to get cute at the end and choked away the superbowl.

You are an idiot if you think what Doug did at the end of the half was a big mistake. Doug tried to finish off the Cardinals, Wentz made massive mistakes when trying to do that by getting greedy. If Doug was doing what you want him to do, then we would have a McAdoo clone as coach. I guess you would be happy with that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This!!! This is the only point!

For someone like me who did not have chance to watch the game yesterday popping in here and checking during and after the game was an outlet wasted. I see the score says 34-7....but half of the messages posted here (in the GAME THREAD) went on for hours on one fucking play. Ridiculous and frankly shameful.

Couldn't type, too busy dancing to Pederson's dominating team:hammer:

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz keeping it on the zone read was foolish.

stop bitching dude. wentz has been awesome with his decision making and has been elusive in the pocket, escaping for some nice runs. what else do you want him to do?