• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles/Cards Game Thread

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's funny (and sad at the same time) is that you really don't comprehend balance. you truly do not see that running the ball the way they have the last 3 weeks has helped open the passing game big time, and vice versa. wentz is no longer standing around, failing to find open receivers because the defense is locked on pass mode.

even without a true back, teams are forced to respect the run on any down, any yardage to go. and it's boosting the eagles offense big time.

The irony is rich...

I certainly understand the concept of balance. The one not understanding it is you. For you balance is running the ball 50% of the game, regardless of whatever actually happens in the game. You are stuck in how football was played 60 years ago, not in today's NFL.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you see how many points the cardinals have with a few minutes left? 7. it's the same 7 as when the eagles were up 21-7 and had the chance to run out the half and kick no worse than a short field goal.

i shouldn't have to explain how taking a chance there is a bad move, especially with a 2nd year QB. again, it's easy to front run when the damage was avoided. let them try that shit on the cowboys or another worthy opponent. when they kick the field goal, get the ball back and make it 21-17.. you can keep blaming the young QB who wasn't perfect on one throw and was the victim of a really nice defensive play.

Except that the Cards defense is better than Dallas'.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about anyone else ... but I'm extremely happy with 4-1. The Gints are about to lose yet again and looks like they lost Beckham to a broken ankle (not happy about any injury, but happy about their record). Dallas against Green Bay "could" be another loss for them. We're sitting fairly pretty guys!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're critiquing the Birds for a perfect game, just forget it and see how this team is building for a great future, whether or not its this year, but barring a career ending injury to Wentz, we win at least one SB soon.

I hope that Lane Johnson's head injury is not serious.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also really easy to bitch when it made exactly zero difference in the outcome of the game.

And when I correctly point out that you blame the coach for the pick, just quit doubling down on the "I didn't do that" nonsense.

again, i blame pederson for passing heavy and risking exactly what happened. just because it didn't hurt the eagles this time doesn't negate the sloppy call/decision making. that's just an absurd view. football is a game with massive swing capabilities based on coaching miscues.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about anyone else ... but I'm extremely happy with 4-1. The Gints are about to lose yet again and looks like they lost Beckham to a broken ankle (not happy about any injury, but happy about their record). Dallas against Green Bay "could" be another loss for them. We're sitting fairly pretty guys!

Giants lost all their WR's this game...

Very happy with this game, and the overall play. Nice to see Vaitai stepping in the way he did for Lane. Defense did okay.

Looking forward to Thursday, though that game has me somewhat scared as well.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i'm not happy about that (the giants part.) when the schedule came out, it was noted how brutal it was for them. so barring some wild ass miracle, once they started 0-3, they were done. with the eagles owning them and already beating them once, i would have been happy if they stayed healthy and pulled out a win by now.

by the time they get to the cowboys again and the redskins twice.. i don't think they'll even be up for it. they might be 2-8 or 1-9 when they meet the skins. hopefully the eagles keep winning and it won't matter.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A legit blow out win for the Eagles today! Can not say enough good things about our team!
The defense played well and the offense was consistent. GO EAGLES!

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Cox and Darby, and possibly Rice, to this defense? How good could they be?

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Cox and Darby, and possibly Rice, to this defense? How good could they be?
Maybe we will find out. But whoever played in their positions today did a credible job!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a solid game! Again I'm just watching highlights to catch up. But that's ok. I don't care about one play call like half of the posts here contend with. We are 4-1 and playing amazingly well. Who gives a flip about one play!

Loved seeing Smith catch a deep one and take it in. I feel that will continue to be rare this year. Another mini rumble from Blount! And the TD from Nelson...along with the Nestea plunge...I'm so glad to see his bounce back this year after the mess he was last year!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DALLAS SUCKS!! AND TODAY - DALLAS CHOKED!!! :D

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DALLAS SUCKS!! AND TODAY - DALLAS CHOKED!!! :D

Poor game management by Dak/Garrett.

Poor time out management.
Stopped the clock on the incomplete pass that left way too much time for Rogers.
Dak scores the TD, when he had the option of falling down inside the 5.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Rice?

Sidney Rice was in his head when he meant Sidney Jones.

Im going to say it again... Our CB's arent very good. We know Darby is a good CB. If Sidney Jones happens to be a star #1 CB, forcing Darby into the #2 CB role... watch out!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went through this thread and have to shake my head at the sheer stupidity of some of us Eagles fans. I am not a Pederson apologist and I am critical with him when he needs it. However....he has evolved as well as his superstar QB. Pederson could very well be the coach we have craved for so long. He is not so set in his ways that he will not change. I still question some of the the things he does like not using Blount earlier in the game but I will say this. Doug Pederson was brilliant today IMO.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one said pederson didn't do a good job. minus a few mistakes, he has done an excellent job these last 3 weeks. but winning doesn't just erase those mistakes. that's the view an 8 year old should have. next time pederson makes a mental mistake like that before the half.. maybe that team hits their field goal, gets pumped up and flips the script in the 2nd half. then it's not so funny and easy to forget, especially if it happens in the postseason.

if grown men are going to watch the game, post on forums and try to engage in intellectual discussion.. then their overall feel shouldn't be "YAY, WE'RE 4-1! SO EVERYONE SHOULD JUST SHUT UP AND NEVER SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE!" how did that work last year when we started 3-0? people ran that same BS then. the same applies to the opposite.

i remember way back in the day, 2002 i believe, when the eagles were 7-3 and mcnabb got hurt. all these fans were saying the season was over, no chance for the postseason. i explained how great the defense was, detmer (later feeley) would be fine, and we could easily go 3-3 to win 10. they're all like "no way, you're stupid. get lost idiot." so the eagles win their next five and rest for their last one to finish 12-4.

and now everyone is talking about how unstoppable the eagles are, how they can win the superbowl, etc. i mention what some of them said earlier and now they're like "stop trying to start trouble" and "that was the past man." and my favorite "dude, stop being a dick and just enjoy the winning." as if they weren't the clowns declaring the season over and hammering anyone with a positive view.

point being; if people intend to discuss sports, then they need to take the negative with the positive and seperate what it all means. not just live game to game. else, what's the fucking point of discussing it?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our biggest obstacle is still our CB's, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel there with Jones and Darby eventually manning those starting spots in the near future (Robinson has been excellent in the nickel spot). Our D-Line has been excellent vs the run ... 2nd in the league against the run and a respectable 12 Sacks (even without Cox). Wentz has obviously taken the next step and is on pace for the best QB year since the McNabb/TO Superbowl year. Agholor has begun to bloom and Ertz is quickly becoming one of the best receiving TE's in the league. Thursday's Carolina game should be an excellent test to see where we "really" are offensively as they will be the best D we've faced so far. It will be at Carolina and on a short week ... so it won't be an easy task; Cam has had back to back great weeks.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Rey. This Carolina game will be a good heat check for us. Man, if we manage to win on the short week on the road, then have a nice chunk of time off for guys to lick their wounds...we'd be in excellent shape.

Carolina is favored at home as you might expect. They have been playing well and it will be a tough one for us, but I think we have a chance to start 5-1.

Lane Johnson is supposedly saying he will go Thursday, but reports are mixed on that, saying he has to go through concussion protocol and that timing is too tight.