• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

durants last season at golden state....

where will kd play after this next season?

• Total voters

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

Him leaving the Warriors immediately weakens them severely while strengthening whoever he signs with.

The Lakers are defintely a team he would put over the top if he went there. The West is is still really good, but a lot less scary with KD off the Warriors.

Signing in the East with a second tier team would be the bad move.

What gets neglected in the East/West FA convos is that getting to the Finals is great and all, but you need to be good enough to actually win when you get there.
If Kevin Durant were to join the Lakers - I think the Lakers and the Warriors would be evenly matched and a seven game series could go either way - I do think either way this season will be the last season the Warriors flat out dominate every one. They have a had a great run - now personally - given the choice, I would rather have K Leonard then Durant - but out of the top five or so players that will be free agents - I think the Lakers chances of getting one are excellent

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kevin Durant were to join the Lakers - I think the Lakers and the Warriors would be evenly matched and a seven game series could go either way - I do think either way this season will be the last season the Warriors flat out dominate every one. They have a had a great run - now personally - given the choice, I would rather have K Leonard then Durant - but out of the top five or so players that will be free agents - I think the Lakers chances of getting one are excellent

I disagree.

I think Kawhi would give the Lakers a decent chance against the Warriors with KD. Simultaneously add KD while taking him away from the Warriors? LA would be heavy favorites to win it all. KD and LeBron are the 2 best players in the world, and their games would fit together really well. It would be absolutely lethal.

Very unlikely to happen, but KD would be the one player on the market that would lead to the greatest likelihood of a title.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. While I really like Kawhi and would love to see him on the Lakers, given a choice between him and KD...I'm taking KD without a 2nd thought.

Pretty much everyone has Lebron and KD as the top 2 players in the world. So, that would give the Lakers the 2 best players in the world to add to their promising young core.

As @tlance pointed, it not only improves the Lakers significantly, it also weakens the Warriors significantly at the same time...making the Lakers pretty much the prohibitive favorite.

Age difference isn't even really a factor because KD is 29 while Kawhi is 27 and KD's style of play lends itself to a pretty long career.

I seriously doubt the Lakers get KD. But if there's a choice, you take KD.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for cap space, stretching Noah will get them close. They can dump another contract to make it the rest of the way. And no, I don't think Mudiay is an asset and I told your hard headed ass that 3 years ago when you were promoting him as a breakout star. Maybe it's time you recognize that my player evaluation skills are far beyond yours.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I was in Milwaukee last week and came home to a full slate of work. Sorry that I could only tolerate so much bullshit at once.

In order to realistically land KD and another major FA, they would have to dump Hardaway Jr, Lance Thomas, and likely Courtney Lee as well.

Stretching Noah only accomplishes so much, for it would still leave them with significant dead salary on their cap. Noah has ZERO on-court value to potential trade partners. Lance Thomas has ZERO on-court value to potential trade partners. Hardaway could be a good bench scoring option in the right situation, but for that contract I'd pass.

Not sure I ever labeled Mudiay as a "breakout star". If I did, my bad. I was always a fan of his attitude and demeanor (whereas you had made feeble judgements about him based on the fact he didn't go to college), and I had hopes that it would all pan out for him. It didn't, and we had no choice but to move on and hand the keys to Murray full-time. Perhaps it was just bad on-court instincts on his part.

The rest of your post was nothing more than repetitive drivel that doesn't really address any of my main arguments, so I'll just leave it at that. The fact that you absorb the whole big market propaganda to yourself speaks an awful lot about your character, or lack thereof.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And please explain how my comments on McDermott are hypocritical? He is a replacement level NBA player. He was one of many who posts better efficiency stats after leaving OKC than while he was there. It was defintely relevant to use his numbers in that conversation because it was part of a larger trend.

But you? Using McDermott as proof that Indiana can get FAs? LOL. Of course they can get FAs. Everyone signs FAs. Indy, like other non destination markets just has to settle for the McDermotts of the world or pay above market value. Because they aren't winning a recruiting battle against a superior team in a better market for a player everyone wants.

OK, I'll bite on this one.

If McDermott's a relevant enough player to the point that his situational stats matter to you, then so should his FA status. That's where the hypocrisy holds.

Yonder Alonso is a Miami native who made the decision last off season to play his home games in Cleveland. LeBron James is a Cleveland native who once elected to play his home games in Miami.

See what I did there? One man's opinion is significant in one angle but not the other. That's the general hypocrisy of the mainstream media.

I've only been to Cleveland once in my lifetime, but I have to imagine that summers there are even more brutal than winters because Lake Erie is so polluted...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

I think Kawhi would give the Lakers a decent chance against the Warriors with KD. Simultaneously add KD while taking him away from the Warriors? LA would be heavy favorites to win it all. KD and LeBron are the 2 best players in the world, and their games would fit together really well. It would be absolutely lethal.

Very unlikely to happen, but KD would be the one player on the market that would lead to the greatest likelihood of a title.
This.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'll bite on this one.

If McDermott's a relevant enough player to the point that his situational stats matter to you, then so should his FA status. That's where the hypocrisy holds.

Yonder Alonso is a Miami native who made the decision last off season to play his home games in Cleveland. LeBron James is a Cleveland native who once elected to play his home games in Miami.

See what I did there? One man's opinion is significant in one angle but not the other. That's the general hypocrisy of the mainstream media.

I've only been to Cleveland once in my lifetime, but I have to imagine that summers there are even more brutal than winters because Lake Erie is so polluted...

No. This is dumb. Situational stats matter for every player. There are a very small handful of players capable of elevating a team to legit contender status. Those are the players I am talking about. Your failure to grasp that is astounding.

And why the hell are you talking about Yonder Alonso? There are zero comaparables between MLB and NBA FA

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the delayed reply. I was in Milwaukee last week and came home to a full slate of work. Sorry that I could only tolerate so much bullshit at once.

In order to realistically land KD and another major FA, they would have to dump Hardaway Jr, Lance Thomas, and likely Courtney Lee as well.

Stretching Noah only accomplishes so much, for it would still leave them with significant dead salary on their cap. Noah has ZERO on-court value to potential trade partners. Lance Thomas has ZERO on-court value to potential trade partners. Hardaway could be a good bench scoring option in the right situation, but for that contract I'd pass.

Not sure I ever labeled Mudiay as a "breakout star". If I did, my bad. I was always a fan of his attitude and demeanor (whereas you had made feeble judgements about him based on the fact he didn't go to college), and I had hopes that it would all pan out for him. It didn't, and we had no choice but to move on and hand the keys to Murray full-time. Perhaps it was just bad on-court instincts on his part.

The rest of your post was nothing more than repetitive drivel that doesn't really address any of my main arguments, so I'll just leave it at that. The fact that you absorb the whole big market propaganda to yourself speaks an awful lot about your character, or lack thereof.

First off, I don't think KD is going to the Knicks. But I KNOW he isn't going to the Pacers. So stop talking about the damn Knicks already.

Second, you picked Mudiay as your most improved player in your preseason award picks when he was a Nugget. Maybe twice. So, busted.

Third, you literally criticized me for not replying in 2 days earlier in this thread. Yet, it takes you a week and a half? You claim to have been busy, but you had time to post on other threads in this forum.

I can picture it now. Hurricane laying awake at night trying to find a clever response after I skewer his posts. Nearly 2 weeks later and this is the best you can do? Pathetic.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I don't think KD is going to the Knicks. But I KNOW he isn't going to the Pacers. So stop talking about the damn Knicks already.

Second, you picked Mudiay as your most improved player in your preseason award picks when he was a Nugget. Maybe twice. So, busted.

Third, you literally criticized me for not replying in 2 days earlier in this thread. Yet, it takes you a week and a half? You claim to have been busy, but you had time to post on other threads in this forum.

I can picture it now. Hurricane laying awake at night trying to find a clever response after I skewer his posts. Nearly 2 weeks later and this is the best you can do? Pathetic.

1) I'll post when I want to post. I don't need to seek permission from you or your continual backseat moderating on when I choose to post on a message board. As I've told you on the other thread, I work different hours. I'm not the one that's on here every evening (times I usually work) craving the last word on literally every argument that is posted on this board.

2) You're exactly right - It was pointless to bring up Alonso. After all, you've proven time and time again that you value LeBron's opinion for the simple fact he has more God-given talent as well as a greater steroid dosage than the former. Apparently it's a fact that I'll simply have to learn to live with.

3) The Knicks should not be considered a legit destination for premier FA's until they prove that they can be a quality basketball organization. There is nothing that can happen it the upcoming season that can alter their overall outlook, because Porzingis is recovering from a torn ACL and Knox is 19. If Durant runs there solely for marketing purposes, that's his loss and he'd be digging his own grave. As it stands, there's a rather slim chance he ever wins a ring without a Golden State jersey regardless.

4) And really, the Pacers would be better off looking to fill multiple holes and not putting all their eggs in one player's basket. If we ended up landing both Tobias Harris and Eric Bledsoe with our vast 2019 cap space, I would have zero complaints with that. Even if we do manage that, the numbskulls on here will continue to claim that Indy can't attract FA's, and like always I will continue to laugh it it their face.

5) This will be my final post in this thread, meaning once again you get to have the last word - So, congratulations.

6) I seriously did not read the quoted post from Sept. 12 until earlier this afternoon, so therefore my priorities are in fact in order. However, I had already reached my limit on data for the month, so therefore I waited until late this evening when I got home to make this post.

7) Have fun with your next post.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4) And really, the Pacers would be better off looking to fill multiple holes and not putting all their eggs in one player's basket. If we ended up landing both Tobias Harris and Eric Bledsoe with our vast 2019 cap space, I would have zero complaints with that. Even if we do manage that, the numbskulls on here will continue to claim that Indy can't attract FA's, and like always I will continue to laugh it it their face.

This is bullshit. No one has said that the Pacer can't attract FA's. They have said that the Pacers can't attract top level FA's.

Ftr, Tobias Harris and Eric Bledsoe are not top level FA's. They are very nice players who would certainly help the Pacers, but they aren't top level.

So, if the Pacers were to sign them, you'd have to be laughing at yourself because even to get them, they'll likely have to overpay them.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if the Pacers were to sign them, you'd have to be laughing at yourself because even to get them, they'll likely have to overpay them.

Signing them next season almost guarantees overpaying them, unless they take less to join a contender. Otherwise they'll get overpaid for sure, as they aren't true difference-making players.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing them next season almost guarantees overpaying them, unless they take less to join a contender. Otherwise they'll get overpaid for sure, as they aren't true difference-making players.

Exactly. I'm not looking to shit on the Pacers either. I actually like them. But for cane to claim he'll be laughing at everyone else if they sign them is just hilarious.

If the Pacers were to somehow sign KD, AD or some other top level FA, then by all means...laugh.

But Tobias Harris and/or Eric Bledsoe? :noidea:

Like I said, nice players, but not top level guys. They are exactly the type of FA's that everyone has been saying the Pacers could get if they overpay for them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I'll post when I want to post. I don't need to seek permission from you or your continual backseat moderating on when I choose to post on a message board. As I've told you on the other thread, I work different hours. I'm not the one that's on here every evening (times I usually work) craving the last word on literally every argument that is posted on this board.

2) You're exactly right - It was pointless to bring up Alonso. After all, you've proven time and time again that you value LeBron's opinion for the simple fact he has more God-given talent as well as a greater steroid dosage than the former. Apparently it's a fact that I'll simply have to learn to live with.

3) The Knicks should not be considered a legit destination for premier FA's until they prove that they can be a quality basketball organization. There is nothing that can happen it the upcoming season that can alter their overall outlook, because Porzingis is recovering from a torn ACL and Knox is 19. If Durant runs there solely for marketing purposes, that's his loss and he'd be digging his own grave. As it stands, there's a rather slim chance he ever wins a ring without a Golden State jersey regardless.

5) This will be my final post in this thread, meaning once again you get to have the last word - So, congratulations.

6) I seriously did not read the quoted post from Sept. 12 until earlier this afternoon, so therefore my priorities are in fact in order. However, I had already reached my limit on data for the month, so therefore I waited until late this evening when I got home to make this post.

7) Have fun with your next post.

You are so full of crap your eyes are turning brown. And I will reply. Point by point.

1) I am not foolish enough to think anyone needs my permission to post. But, I will call you on your hypocrisy. You called me out for not replying when it took me 2 days. You took 3 weeks, which is your MO. So much so, that this is at least the 2nd time on this very thread you have waited well over a week to reply. You criticizing me for taking 2 days is like KD criticizing Millsap for joining a stacked team.

2) no. You need to learn that comparing a mediocre baseball player's free agency decision to the best basketball player in the world isn't an apples to oranges comparison. It is apples to cheeseburgers. They have nothing in common aside from the fact they are both pro athletes (apples and cheeseburgers = food, in case you didn't know).

3) The Knicks wouldn't be my choice, but they will be on some big name lists because they have some young talent and they are NY

4) @trojanfan12 handled this one quite well. Your inability to comprehend what I have been saying all along is amazing. Bledsoe and Harris are tier 3 players at best. Oh, and you are a damn fool if you honestly believe Harris and Bledsoe would improve your team more than Durant.

5) hallelujah!

6) you can make excuses if you want, but you do this all the time and it is really lame. You have posted on the NBA boards at least a dozen times since 9/12.

7) I did! Thanks!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to back NBA champion and back to back finals MVP ... KD's best decision ever was leaving OKC ...

I think KD's best decision ever was to create a fake social media account & defend himself. It takes a very special (and very insecure) person do pull a stunt like that.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think KD's best decision ever was to create a fake social media account & defend himself. It takes a very special (and very insecure) person do pull a stunt like that.

I haven't heard anything about that.... Funny though if true...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't Dez just get busted for that too? Idiots.