• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

durants last season at golden state....

where will kd play after this next season?

• Total voters

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to feel that it may indeed be KD that ends up leaving. As has been discussed ad infinitum, there's no real way for a team to carry 4 max and near max guys.

So one of the 4 is gonna be gone. As has also been covered, Klay likely re-signs so they have this year and next with the band all together. Then the Ws have a choice to make, sign Dray and trade Klay or what.

But, let's say KD thinks I got 2 now, already signed for 1 more this year, presuming that hits I sign a 1 and 1. The band is intact for 4 in a row, unprecedented since the 1960s. KD probably wins Finals MVP for all 4. He now has more rings than LeBron (among other alltime greats). That's the perfect time to look for the next challenge and do his own thing. The First Avengers (Dray Klay and Steph) then stay together. That team is now easily the best ever at least tied for it.

Then the core 3 move on, KD moves on knowing he's why the best team ever happened.

@CitySushi thoughts?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to feel that it may indeed be KD that ends up leaving. As has been discussed ad infinitum, there's no real way for a team to carry 4 max and near max guys.

So one of the 4 is gonna be gone. As has also been covered, Klay likely re-signs so they have this year and next with the band all together. Then the Ws have a choice to make, sign Dray and trade Klay or what.

But, let's say KD thinks I got 2 now, already signed for 1 more this year, presuming that hits I sign a 1 and 1. The band is intact for 4 in a row, unprecedented since the 1960s. KD probably wins Finals MVP for all 4. He now has more rings than LeBron (among other alltime greats). That's the perfect time to look for the next challenge and do his own thing. The First Avengers (Dray Klay and Steph) then stay together. That team is now easily the best ever at least tied for it.

Then the core 3 move on, KD moves on knowing he's why the best team ever happened.

@CitySushi thoughts?

I am not City Sushi, but I think this is very plausible.

I have said all along that Klay will stay. Dray will stay too as long as the money is right.

KD is the wild card. I don't know what he will do. He might leave after this year, he might stay on.

1 thing though, I would not completely rule out all 4 staying. At least for another year or too. Yes, the tax would be crippling, but once prior profits and team value are considered, Lacob just might be willing to bite the bullet for a little while.

And no Wiggy, I am not stupid and I do fully comprehend how much money we are talking about. But, we are also talking about a franchise that would probably fetch record prices if sold. I am guessing $3 billion at least.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@CitySushi thoughts?

I think it's possible as well. Durant taking the 1 and 1 actually is really helpful to the Warriors because it aligns with Klay's free agency too. If Durant lets the team know he's at least interested in looking around, it gives them more opportunity to get their priorities in order. As I've said before I think there's no real chance the Warriors lose Klay this off-season. I think no matter what, they will max him. The only thing will be what Durant wants. If he opts to leave, it actually makes their decision on what to do with their core much easier. They max both Klay and Draymond, and when it's time to max Dray, Iguodala and Livingston's contracts are both gone, which gives them more financial flexibility.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this to a point. Imo, if you're not contending for a title and you don't have a way to improve enough to become a contender, then you are bad enough to blow it up.

I haven't looked real close at the roster, but I think you guys are pretty young. You could probably look at seeing how the young guys develop for a season or 2 before blowing it up.

Just about our entire roster - Except for Oladipo, Sabonis, Leaf, Holiday, and McDermott - are 2019 free agents. We will have a payroll of roughly $37 million heading into next summer.

If we win 45 or fewer games, not even the Khris Middletons of the world would want to come here to be part of mediocrity. The hope is that Holiday with three years of college experience could make an impact as a rookie or that Leaf could develop into something.

Beyond that, we're pretty much going to have to shock the world again this year and win 50+ games in order to make any sort of difference in free agency.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is nobody wants to play in Indy. It's a worse destination than Cleveland.

Two decent names - Tyreke Evans and Doug McDermott - elected to come here. Dennis Schroder, before he was traded to OKC - Wanted to be traded here.

But of course, I forgot that the individual opinion of one LeBron James was the only one that actually matters in the public eye...

As it stood, Schroder accepted his trade to OKC like a professional should. He did not bitch "Oh no! I have to share the rock with ballhog Westbrook."

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two decent names - Tyreke Evans and Doug McDermott - elected to come here. Dennis Schroder, before he was traded to OKC - Wanted to be traded here.

But of course, I forgot that the individual opinion of one LeBron James was the only one that actually matters in the public eye...

As it stood, Schroder accepted his trade to OKC like a professional should. He did not bitch "Oh no! I have to share the rock with ballhog Westbrook."

You are missing the point.

You got Tyreke Evans because it was his best offer. It isn't like Evans was universally coveted. The fact he signed for 1 year 12 million proves that.

And Doug McDermott? Seriously?

Every team gets free agents. It is a free market. Your problem is that Indy has to offer more money than a market like LA for the average player to sign there. That is why Indy isn't a legit threat for a franchise FA. You might sign a max FA, but it will be the Kyle Lowry/Paul Millsap type who aren't getting max offers from quality franchises in destination markets.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about our entire roster - Except for Oladipo, Sabonis, Leaf, Holiday, and McDermott - are 2019 free agents. We will have a payroll of roughly $37 million heading into next summer.

If we win 45 or fewer games, not even the Khris Middletons of the world would want to come here to be part of mediocrity. The hope is that Holiday with three years of college experience could make an impact as a rookie or that Leaf could develop into something.

Beyond that, we're pretty much going to have to shock the world again this year and win 50+ games in order to make any sort of difference in free agency.

Yeah, you're probably right about that.

I will say though, your Pacers won 48 games last year, so with improvement from the young guys 50 certainly isn't out of the question.

The potential problem, of course, is that they won't be catching anyone by surprise this season. So they'll have to be prepared for that.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your problem is that Indy has to offer more money than a market like LA for the average player to sign there.

Kyle O'Quinn doesn't seem to think so. He opted out of his contract with the Knicks so he could sign the same deal with the Pacers for a similar amount of money. It's called "one franchise being significantly better than the other one".

The Evans situation falls right into my theory that if you open your wallet, the players will come regardless of market size. Evans had meetings with GS, OKC, and the Lakers before signing for $12.4 million with the Pacers. And it was only for one year. The Pacers obviously felt he was worth the one-year investment and had the cap space to orchestrate it, so I don't see what the issue here is.

And Doug McDermott? Seriously?

I hated the McDermott signing the second it was reported. In fact, I'd be willing to park him on the bench if literally everyone else is going well. That said, he is a name talent that fans will recognize from his big games in college.
Another max star in Porzingis. A very promising rookie in Knox. NYC.

I like Porzingis, but he's coming off a torn ACL and won't be 100 percent at any point in 2018-19, if ever again. I think he bounces back, but New York is still going to have a tough decision to make on how much he's worth.

Knox just turned 19 a couple weeks ago and isn't a known commodity at the moment, and it's highly unlikely that he'll be one this time next year. Not saying Knox won't be a good NBA player at some point, but if he counts as a current asset then so does Aaron Holiday for the Pacers...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This who argument is moot anyway. Let me put it this way - If Kevin Durant were to sign with the Knicks in 2019, I would request SportsHoopla to ban me from this site permanently if it happened. That is how confident I am that it won't happen.

Besides, I'm pretty sure it was Durant himself during his later OKC days (could be wrong) that said he hadn't voluntarily visited DC in years due to congestion. If this is indeed the case, he'd be in for something if he signed in New York.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle O'Quinn doesn't seem to think so. He opted out of his contract with the Knicks so he could sign the same deal with the Pacers for a similar amount of money. It's called "one franchise being significantly better than the other one".

The Evans situation falls right into my theory that if you open your wallet, the players will come regardless of market size. Evans had meetings with GS, OKC, and the Lakers before signing for $12.4 million with the Pacers. And it was only for one year. The Pacers obviously felt he was worth the one-year investment and had the cap space to orchestrate it, so I don't see what the issue here is.

I hated the McDermott signing the second it was reported. In fact, I'd be willing to park him on the bench if literally everyone else is going well. That said, he is a name talent that fans will recognize from his big games in college.

I like Porzingis, but he's coming off a torn ACL and won't be 100 percent at any point in 2018-19, if ever again. I think he bounces back, but New York is still going to have a tough decision to make on how much he's worth.

Knox just turned 19 a couple weeks ago and isn't a known commodity at the moment, and it's highly unlikely that he'll be one this time next year. Not saying Knox won't be a good NBA player at some point, but if he counts as a current asset then so does Aaron Holiday for the Pacers...

Kyle O'Quinn?

Seriously?

As for you second point regarding Evans, that only proves what I have said all along. THE Pacers have to outspend or provide a better opportunity in another way. None of the teams you mentioned could (or would) pay Evans what Indy did. In OQuinn's situation, you are comparing one of the current worst teams in the league to a clear playoff group That is obviously better. In 2019 once Porzingas is healthy and if Knox looks like a player, NY will probably be more attractive to actually good FAs. They aren't even close for the upcoming year.

Stop talking about scrubs like McDermott. He isn't a name NBA player. A great college run at a Mid major school does not make him a quality NBA free agent target.

I say Indy isn't getting a top FA and you think Kyle O'Quinn, Tyreke Evans for 1 year and McDermott somehow prove me wrong? Please. Do better.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle O'Quinn?

Seriously?

As for you second point regarding Evans, that only proves what I have said all along. THE Pacers have to outspend or provide a better opportunity in another way. None of the teams you mentioned could (or would) pay Evans what Indy did. In OQuinn's situation, you are comparing one of the current worst teams in the league to a clear playoff group That is obviously better.

Hmmm. Took two full days for a last word junkie like yourself to respond. Go figure. A desperate grasp for air I suppose.

Stop talking about scrubs like McDermott. He isn't a name NBA player. A great college run at a Mid major school does not make him a quality NBA free agent target.

Yet he happens to be a guy that matters to you when he happens to produce better numbers on scrub teams like the Knicks and Mavs than he does on OKC. Please. Do better.
In 2019 once Porzingas is healthy and if Knox looks like a player, NY will probably be more attractive to actually good FAs.

No, they won't.

I say Indy isn't getting a top FA and you think Kyle O'Quinn, Tyreke Evans for 1 year and McDermott somehow prove me wrong? Please. Do better.

I'm not surprised... You've proven time and time again that the one individual opinion of LeBron James is the only one that matters to you. I ask you to make a list of five "significant" FAs to switch teams and you mention LeBron three times. :L

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, just a lesser asset (#9 pick vs #23).

So, Kevin Knox was taken 14 spots ahead of Aaron Holiday. Hasheem Thabeet was taken 15 spots ahead of Jrue Holiday.

If you want to value "assets" by where they were taken in the draft, that's your problem. I prefer to watch the games as their scheduled rather than make judgements before these said players play in a single game.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0.0% chance he signs with the Knicks...Not going to happen. If he does this, I'll lose even more respect for KD than I already have. He's not going to go to some franchise that has a vast history of ineptness.

Nets maybe...Sean Marks has done a hell of a job with the little assets he's inherited.
Luckily, KD doesn’t give a flying fuck about your respect.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm. Took two full days for a last word junkie like yourself to respond. Go figure. A desperate grasp for air I suppose.

Yet he happens to be a guy that matters to you when he happens to produce better numbers on scrub teams like the Knicks and Mavs than he does on OKC. Please. Do better.

No, they won't.

I'm not surprised... You've proven time and time again that the one individual opinion of LeBron James is the only one that matters to you. I ask you to make a list of five "significant" FAs to switch teams and you mention LeBron three times. :L

LOL.

Says the man who often waits 3 weeks plus before dredging up old threads to reply. I did not even log in to the basketball boards for most of the week because I was busy with work.

Judging a support player's efficiency stats is a completely different conversation. You are talking about these players like they are big time FAs, which is utterly ridiculous.

Wake me up next time the Pacers sign a player like KD, LeBron or Kawhi who is universally coveted. Until that happens, I am right and you are wrong. Deal with it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Kevin Knox was taken 14 spots ahead of Aaron Holiday. Hasheem Thabeet was taken 15 spots ahead of Jrue Holiday.

If you want to value "assets" by where they were taken in the draft, that's your problem. I prefer to watch the games as their scheduled rather than make judgements before these said players play in a single game.

Before they actually appear in any games, their draft position is a pretty good way to evaluate. A year from now the conversation will be different. At the current time, nobody is valuing Holiday on the same level as Knox.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake me up next time the Pacers sign a player like KD, LeBron or Kawhi who is universally coveted. Until that happens, I am right and you are wrong. Deal with it.

And unless you have stars colluding to your organization, chances are you're not going to land any of those guys anyway. I prefer to value the FA opinions of players at MULTIPLE levels, not just the elite players.

Now tell me - What team is going to take on the contracts of Tim Hardaway Jr, Joakim Noah, and Lance Thomas??? If you seriously think that KD is going to join this Knicks cast by himself, then quite frankly I don't know how to help you. Because in order for them to land multiple high-level players, someone is going to have to take on these contracts.

Are you going to go back on your word yet again and now say Emmanuel Mudiay is an asset? :scratch:

After all, it's only fitting that McDermott's stats away from Westbrook do in fact matter to you, yet his free agency decision does not. It's the height of hypocrisy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And unless you have stars colluding to your organization, chances are you're not going to land any of those guys anyway. I prefer to value the FA opinions of players at MULTIPLE levels, not just the elite players.

Now tell me - What team is going to take on the contracts of Tim Hardaway Jr, Joakim Noah, and Lance Thomas??? If you seriously think that KD is going to join this Knicks cast by himself, then quite frankly I don't know how to help you. Because in order for them to land multiple high-level players, someone is going to have to take on these contracts.

Are you going to go back on your word yet again and now say Emmanuel Mudiay is an asset? :scratch:

After all, it's only fitting that McDermott's stats away from Westbrook do in fact matter to you, yet his free agency decision does not. It's the height of hypocrisy.

I never once said I think KD is going to New York. What I said is that the Knicks have a better chance than Indy, because Indy's chances are 0.

As for cap space, stretching Noah will get them close. They can dump another contract to make it the rest of the way. And no, I don't think Mudiay is an asset and I told your hard headed ass that 3 years ago when you were promoting him as a breakout star. Maybe it's time you recognize that my player evaluation skills are far beyond yours.

And please explain how my comments on McDermott are hypocritical? He is a replacement level NBA player. He was one of many who posts better efficiency stats after leaving OKC than while he was there. It was defintely relevant to use his numbers in that conversation because it was part of a larger trend.

But you? Using McDermott as proof that Indiana can get FAs? LOL. Of course they can get FAs. Everyone signs FAs. Indy, like other non destination markets just has to settle for the McDermotts of the world or pay above market value. Because they aren't winning a recruiting battle against a superior team in a better market for a player everyone wants.

Stop embarrassing yourself. I will wait for your next reply sometime in October once you find another ridiculous angle to attempt (and utterly fail) to exploit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once said I think KD is going to New York. What I said is that the Knicks have a better chance than Indy, because Indy's chances are 0.

As for cap space, stretching Noah will get them close. They can dump another contract to make it the rest of the way. And no, I don't think Mudiay is an asset and I told your hard headed ass that 3 years ago when you were promoting him as a breakout star. Maybe it's time you recognize that my player evaluation skills are far beyond yours.

And please explain how my comments on McDermott are hypocritical? He is a replacement level NBA player. He was one of many who posts better efficiency stats after leaving OKC than while he was there. It was defintely relevant to use his numbers in that conversation because it was part of a larger trend.

But you? Using McDermott as proof that Indiana can get FAs? LOL. Of course they can get FAs. Everyone signs FAs. Indy, like other non destination markets just has to settle for the McDermotts of the world or pay above market value. Because they aren't winning a recruiting battle against a superior team in a better market for a player everyone wants.

Stop embarrassing yourself. I will wait for your next reply sometime in October once you find another ridiculous angle to attempt (and utterly fail) to exploit.

giphy.gif

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the blazers could have picked durant, they took greg odom instead…another blunder center pick over a HOFer.

micheal jordan being another tragic blazer blunder pick…

:doh: