• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dubs vs. OKC

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happy, but that was tempered a little by the fact that we had to get "lucky", not sure if that is the right word, to win a game where we had a 14 point lead at home midway through the 4th quarter.

They were luckier that they even had a 1 point lead with 2.3 to play.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must have looked different on TV. I was in the lower bowl behind the W's bench and the defense looked like shit to me (especially Lee).

The Thunder, especially in the first half were hitting jumpers left and right. Almost all of them were contested and sometimes good offense beats good defense. That's how it works. When I said they prevented easy buckets, I should clarify that I meant transition buckets. Outside of Ibaka, the majority of the shots came from the perimeter. If you prevent guys like Westbrook and Durant from getting to the rim for layups and dunks, you're doing something right defensively.

Russell Westbrook came into the game shooting 35% from the field. I don't recall him having many layups, meaning all his shots were jumpers. I'll take Westbrook taking 20 jumpers a game, any day. The Warriors also held Durant to 5-13 shooting and frustrated him all night. I'd say the Warriors game planned accordingly and had to pick their poison between Durant and Westbrook.

Defensively, I only saw one person continually getting abused and that was David Lee. He couldn't guard Ibaka to save his life. He didn't box out Ibaka either and Lee didn't rebound at all. He was ineffective down the stretch.

I just think it's a testament to how far the Warriors have come to be complaining about a victory over the Thunder.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that this thread is still going is laughable....but for the sake of arguing on the Dubs behalf....I'll point out, the Thunder also took twice as many FT's, going 24 of 28 from the line ....while GS were just 10 of 14...which is another reason OKC was even in the damn game at that point.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to address the play down the stretch. I firmly place the blame on Jackson. His personnel out on the court was terrible and the Thunder exploited the match ups.

1) David Lee was ineffective with Kevin Durant guarding him. If he's not going to be producing on offense, there's no reason he should be in the game. Period.

2) Bogut was still on the court. Having him out there with the Thunder lineup being small, force the Warriors to drop into a zone. The zone allowed the Thunder to pick it apart and climb back into the game.

3) In the past Jackson has substituted offense for defense all the the time, but did so only once to my recollection with Draymond Green for Lee on one possession. The result of that possession? Draymond with a strip of Durant and a Layup/And-1 for Klay on the other end.

4) Curry running a pick and roll to get a switch. Normally in most games you want teams to have a switch to get a big to guard Curry. However in this case, having either of Durant or Ibaka switch on to Curry doesn't give him any advantage. Both are too athletic and too long for Curry to make a move on. Also having that length on him closes some passing lanes, which led to him too many times having to settle for a step back jumper. They should have let Iguodala run the show and have both Klay and Curry come off screens.

5) Not involving Klay in the offense when he was the only effective one. They pretty much had relegated him to a corner spot up shooter the last 8 minutes of the game. They need to learn how to keep continuity on offense while milking the clock.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder, especially in the first half were hitting jumpers left and right. Almost all of them were contested and sometimes good offense beats good defense. That's how it works. When I said they prevented easy buckets, I should clarify that I meant transition buckets. Outside of Ibaka, the majority of the shots came from the perimeter. If you prevent guys like Westbrook and Durant from getting to the rim for layups and dunks, you're doing something right defensively.

Russell Westbrook came into the game shooting 35% from the field. I don't recall him having many layups, meaning all his shots were jumpers. I'll take Westbrook taking 20 jumpers a game, any day. The Warriors also held Durant to 5-13 shooting and frustrated him all night. I'd say the Warriors game planned accordingly and had to pick their poison between Durant and Westbrook.

Defensively, I only saw one person continually getting abused and that was David Lee. He couldn't guard Ibaka to save his life. He didn't box out Ibaka either and Lee didn't rebound at all. He was ineffective down the stretch.

I just think it's a testament to how far the Warriors have come to be complaining about a victory over the Thunder.

Droppin' SCIENCE!

And the bolded is a very solid point.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were luckier that they even had a 1 point lead with 2.3 to play.

Didn't you just know that three by Westbrook was going down though? Man!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is nice.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you just know that three by Westbrook was going down though? Man!

All for naught. The Thunder are clearly a bunch of chokers. No way they can come back from that loss.
Right, 2010 Giants fan?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All for naught. The Thunder are clearly a bunch of chokers. No way they can come back from that loss.
Right, 2010 Giants fan?
Ha ha! C'mon troll, still smarting over something that happened over three years ago? Really? Might need to think about maybe, oh I don't know, getting a life? You slay me.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! C'mon troll, still smarting over something that happened over three years ago? Really? Might need to think about maybe, oh I don't know, getting a life? You slay me.

What can I say, I never tire of pointing out how dumb you are about sports.
The 'something' that 'happened' was yet another dumb ass post by you. Which you spew out all day every day. If that's a 'life' you can keep it.
OK, I slayed you. Please remain dead.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It was tough to celebrtae this one. The rebounding problem is huge! You cannot give the opposition 20-25 extra shots a game and win consistently.

Thunder turned over the ball almost 20 times and warriors only 7 that's why it evened out

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that this thread is still going is laughable....but for the sake of arguing on the Dubs behalf....I'll point out, the Thunder also took twice as many FT's, going 24 of 28 from the line ....while GS were just 10 of 14...which is another reason OKC was even in the damn game at that point.

It is laughable to say the least :laugh3:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But from our couches at home a few of those Lee shots inexplicably didn't go in, he got right to the rim, put it up there, and it bounced or rimmed out like 3 times...

'great' can mean a lot of things, and to me it includes a tight battle won with a buzzer beater, with lots of fun plays throughout. I guess to you it's only 'great if the Ws win 100-80, playing good O and D. Or maybe winning 94-93 is ok with you?

Just a matter of taste I guess, but one taste seems more fun and one way more downer.

The score is secondary to the defensive effort for me. To be fair, they were trying to foul KD out and that's why they kept going back in to Avi again and again.

I guess I don't equate "exciting" with "great."

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough...ok you're officially not Nolan. You're even MORE downer! :heh:

Does it matter that OKC is a great offensive team? Yeah the Ws didn't defend well but OKC does that. And the Warriors still outscored them.

How many times will OKC score 62 in a half? And the handful of times they do, will any of those be against good defensive teams?

Cmon, man...you're better than that question.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Lee was awful.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. The Ws committed many more fouls...another deficiency.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to address the play down the stretch. I firmly place the blame on Jackson. His personnel out on the court was terrible and the Thunder exploited the match ups.

1) David Lee was ineffective with Kevin Durant guarding him. If he's not going to be producing on offense, there's no reason he should be in the game. Period.

2) Bogut was still on the court. Having him out there with the Thunder lineup being small, force the Warriors to drop into a zone. The zone allowed the Thunder to pick it apart and climb back into the game.

3) In the past Jackson has substituted offense for defense all the the time, but did so only once to my recollection with Draymond Green for Lee on one possession. The result of that possession? Draymond with a strip of Durant and a Layup/And-1 for Klay on the other end.

4) Curry running a pick and roll to get a switch. Normally in most games you want teams to have a switch to get a big to guard Curry. However in this case, having either of Durant or Ibaka switch on to Curry doesn't give him any advantage. Both are too athletic and too long for Curry to make a move on. Also having that length on him closes some passing lanes, which led to him too many times having to settle for a step back jumper. They should have let Iguodala run the show and have both Klay and Curry come off screens.

5) Not involving Klay in the offense when he was the only effective one. They pretty much had relegated him to a corner spot up shooter the last 8 minutes of the game. They need to learn how to keep continuity on offense while milking the clock.

Regarding point #1, it seemed to me that Jax was trying to fould KD out (he got his fifth at the beginning of the fourth quarter). I'm unsure why he didn't just continue to move the ball around instead of iso plays for Lee, as the former is what got the five fouls on KD. :noidea:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The Ws committed many more fouls...another deficiency.

And yet...after all those failures (according to you).......they still managed to win the friggin game.
So, whether you choose to call it luck, or whatever else.....is meaningless.

The W's were better when it mattered the most.

NEXT!!!!