• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dubs vs. OKC

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OKC was more lucky then the Warriors tzill. Westbrook's shot with 2 seconds left was awful and probably has a 1 out of 10 chance to go in on any other night.
With all the negatives you've mentioned the Dubs were still up by 14 in the 4th and there shooting went cold.
tzill I understand what you're saying getting killed on the boards, but they also did a lot of things right in order to be leading the game.
Some games just turn out this way, but at the end of the day you have to win these games too.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great win but my goodness this team needs to figure out how to close games. Lee must have missed 8 shots in a row at the rim in the last half of the 4th quarter. he was so tight, ever shot was off the front rim and Curr again disappeared. For all the things he does well Curry is definitely not a closer.

Perhaps Iguodala is that person who can finish.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why Dubs kept going through Lee in the last 3-4min

Agreed! It was clear that was not working. But no one seems to want to step up. 3 and a half quarters of excellent basketball followed by an epic collapse. Same thing that happened in the playoffs last year.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home from Oracle -- feel like I was punched in the stomach. The Ws deserved to lose tonight. The first half defense was nonexistent, the rebounding was atrocious (especially Lee, who didn't play defense either), and Lee was 0-6 down the stretch. Sure, Iggy hit the shot but it NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME DOWN TO THAT.

This game was ungood. I do not approve.

Agreed. It was tough to celebrtae this one. The rebounding problem is huge! You cannot give the opposition 20-25 extra shots a game and win consistently.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I look at the box score, the worse this game looks. We were out rebounded by SEVENTEEN. We let them shoot 51% and 40% from the arc. We committed 22 fouls. The only thing we did well is shoot threes.

We'll lose a ton more than we'll win doing that. Lucky win; lots of things to work on.

They did have some very balanced scoring though.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OKC was more lucky then the Warriors tzill. Westbrook's shot with 2 seconds left was awful and probably has a 1 out of 10 chance to go in on any other night.
With all the negatives you've mentioned the Dubs were still up by 14 in the 4th and there shooting went cold.
tzill I understand what you're saying getting killed on the boards, but they also did a lot of things right in order to be leading the game.
Some games just turn out this way, but at the end of the day you have to win these games too.

THIS

tzill, did OKC deserve to win? With the defense they played, with their horrible but lucky shot at the end?
You can't possibly believe they 'deserved' it, letting a team they were crushing on the boards build up such a big lead in the 4th qtr...so no one 'deserved' to win?

Basketball, like baseball, has a ton of games, no one game tells you much. Sometimes you win a shootout, sometimes you win a defensive battle/offensive shitshow, sometimes you lose by 20, sometimes you win by 20. Clearly you prefer 76-74 wins to 116-115...but if a fan can't get excited about a miracle buzzer beater to overcome the other team's miracle shot, how can you enjoy your team? Isn't that what every kid on their driveway does, count down 3...2...1... to the buzzer and launch the game winner? That's not fun?

It's a free country, but that way of looking at things is, dare I say, Nolanesque. If you don't believe me check out your buddy Toby/Nolan's agreement with you in this thread.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a team COLLAPSE, "son."

If you actually knew NBA hoops, you'd see that.

Sheeeeeeesh.

At least OKC collapsed more.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you say "there[sic] shooting went cold" you mean "Avi Lee went 0-6." They also failed to close out on the perimeter and played VERY soft interior D too (yes, Avi as well).

I've no problem with people happy that Iggy hit the shot, or that the Ws won. My truck is with those who say it was "a great game." It wasn't. The Ws played defense like shit most of the night.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS

tzill, did OKC deserve to win? With the defense they played, with their horrible but lucky shot at the end?
You can't possibly believe they 'deserved' it, letting a team they were crushing on the boards build up such a big lead in the 4th qtr...so no one 'deserved' to win?

Basketball, like baseball, has a ton of games, no one game tells you much. Sometimes you win a shootout, sometimes you win a defensive battle/offensive shitshow, sometimes you lose by 20, sometimes you win by 20. Clearly you prefer 76-74 wins to 116-115...but if a fan can't get excited about a miracle buzzer beater to overcome the other team's miracle shot, how can you enjoy your team? Isn't that what every kid on their driveway does, count down 3...2...1... to the buzzer and launch the game winner? That's not fun?

It's a free country, but that way of looking at things is, dare I say, Nolanesque. If you don't believe me check out your buddy Toby/Nolan's agreement with you in this thread.

Neither team "deserved" to win last night. Both teams were pretty much awful on D. Nolan is a douchesack and a constant whiner. I'm not that guy. I'm a guy who went to the game and witnessed defensive ineptitude and apathy. I did not enjoy the game. I do not prefer 76-74 clankfests either. I appreciate awesome shooting, but you have to play D as well. I think the Ws are a very good team and this was just one game. Not reading too much into it, but it wasn't a "great game." Far from it.

Also, I have Nolan on ignore, so I won't be checking that shit out.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team "deserved" to win last night. Both teams were pretty much awful on D. Nolan is a douchesack and a constant whiner. I'm not that guy. I'm a guy who went to the game and witnessed defensive ineptitude and apathy. I did not enjoy the game. I do not prefer 76-74 clankfests either. I appreciate awesome shooting, but you have to play D as well. I think the Ws are a very good team and this was just one game. Not reading too much into it, but it wasn't a "great game." Far from it.

Also, I have Nolan on ignore, so I won't be checking that shit out.

That's a good strategy, but I just wanted to note that he's basically agreeing with all of your points. Guilt by association! :heh:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good strategy, but I just wanted to note that he's basically agreeing with all of your points. Guilt by association! :heh:

I'd file that under the "broken clock is right twice a day" theory.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS

It is anethma to me to agree with that sorry sack of shit tweezil, but correctness makes strange bedfellows I guess. He certainly was correct about the rebounding and the inexplicable reliance on David Lee down the stretch. Loved the first three and a half quarters, minus the rebounding, but hated the last half of the 4th quarter

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd file that under the "broken clock is right twice a day" theory.

That, or the 'maybe tzill is being too Debbie Downerish because he's echoing Nolan' theory?

:noidea:

:boink:

:rain:

:fish:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is anethma to me to agree with that sorry sack of shit tweezil, but correctness makes strange bedfellows I guess. He certainly was correct about the rebounding and the inexplicable reliance on David Lee down the stretch. Loved the first three and a half quarters, minus the rebounding, but hated the last half of the 4th quarter

And obviously you hated the buzzer beater to win a close game vs a great team, bringing the best, loudest crowd of fans in the NBA to their feet in riotous celebration. That shit sucked.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And obviously you hated the buzzer beater to win a close game vs a great team, bringing the best, loudest crowd of fans in the NBA to their feet in riotous celebration. That shit sucked.

And, he "loved" the first half. I thought it was shitty.

So there you go.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you say "there[sic] shooting went cold" you mean "Avi Lee went 0-6." They also failed to close out on the perimeter and played VERY soft interior D too (yes, Avi as well).

I've no problem with people happy that Iggy hit the shot, or that the Ws won. My truck is with those who say it was "a great game." It wasn't. The Ws played defense like shit most of the night.

But from our couches at home a few of those Lee shots inexplicably didn't go in, he got right to the rim, put it up there, and it bounced or rimmed out like 3 times...

'great' can mean a lot of things, and to me it includes a tight battle won with a buzzer beater, with lots of fun plays throughout. I guess to you it's only 'great if the Ws win 100-80, playing good O and D. Or maybe winning 94-93 is ok with you?

Just a matter of taste I guess, but one taste seems more fun and one way more downer.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was happy, but that was tempered a little by the fact that we had to get "lucky", not sure if that is the right word, to win a game where we had a 14 point lead at home midway through the 4th quarter.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, he "loved" the first half. I thought it was shitty.

So there you go.

Fair enough...ok you're officially not Nolan. You're even MORE downer! :heh:

Does it matter that OKC is a great offensive team? Yeah the Ws didn't defend well but OKC does that. And the Warriors still outscored them.