• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: DRAFT DAY BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize he played that well but then why did they trade for Howell to open up the competition? But even if you are right you are kind of making my argument for me. If the Jets ruined him by putting him in a crappy situation how was he able to succeed later as he clearly did?
Because the Jets historically have been unable to develop QB’s, just like the Browns and several other teams have shown.

Some QB’s aren’t able to transition to the NFL, and others need the right system that plays to their strengths.

As I stated before, some teams try and fit a QB into their system vs building a system that is catered to the QB’s strengths. I feel like that is why you have so many QB failures in the league.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Jets historically have been unable to develop QB’s, just like the Browns and several other teams have shown.

Some QB’s aren’t able to transition to the NFL, and others need the right system that plays to their strengths.

As I stated before, some teams try and fit a QB into their system vs building a system that is catered to the QB’s strengths. I feel like that is why you have so many QB failures in the league.

I am not doubting your premise that some teams are not as good as others at developing QBs. I'm simply saying it's mostly the QB. SF is great at developing QBs yet Lance busted. Wilson would have busted regardless of which team drafted him, it had little do with the Jets abiliy to develop QBs IMO. As I said Baker played very well as a rookie, then again in his 3rd year in Cleveland. You just can't use him as an example of a QB hurt by a team who could not develop QBs because 2 of his best 3 seasons occurred in his first 3 years with the team that drafted him. .

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homies called a truce after playing with Daniel Jones and the DC line respectively? LMAO

JPPT1974

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets never at all have found the QB coaches over in developing on QB's. Plus they need to really figure out to develop the QB of the future and beyond.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not doubting your premise that some teams are not as good as others at developing QBs. I'm simply saying it's mostly the QB. SF is great at developing QBs yet Lance busted. Wilson would have busted regardless of which team drafted him, it had little do with the Jets abiliy to develop QBs IMO. As I said Baker played very well as a rookie, then again in his 3rd year in Cleveland. You just can't use him as an example of a QB hurt by a team who could not develop QBs because 2 of his best 3 seasons occurred in his first 3 years with the team that drafted him. .

I'd argue that the Niners' system is built on a game managing role for the QB, so filling with someone like Purdy/Garoppolo is possible. They also have a strong and established team to add those young QBs to. A team like the Panthers was missing a lot of elements necessary for a QB to thrive. The Jets have emphasized the defensive side, so Wilson's side of the ball wasn't as ready for success. Of course, he isn't the perfect prospect either, but that's often the situation QB desperate teams put their rookies into; weak OL and/or middling targets/RBs to work with.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue that the Niners' system is built on a game managing role for the QB, so filling with someone like Purdy/Garoppolo is possible. They also have a strong and established team to add those young QBs to. A team like the Panthers was missing a lot of elements necessary for a QB to thrive. The Jets have emphasized the defensive side, so Wilson's side of the ball wasn't as ready for success. Of course, he isn't the perfect prospect either, but that's often the situation QB desperate teams put their rookies into; weak OL and/or middling targets/RBs to work with.

Joe Burrow went to the worst situation possible, a perennial loser with the worst OL in the league and took them to the SB in 2 years. Virtually every top pick QB goes to a terrible situation. Some can play in the league, such as Andrew Luck or Mathew Stafford who both went to terrible situations, and some are Zach Wilson who can't play in the league regardless of the team who drafted him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Burrow went to the worst situation possible, a perennial loser with the worst OL in the league and took them to the SB in 2 years. Virtually every top pick QB goes to a terrible situation. Some can play in the league, such as Andrew Luck or Mathew Stafford who both went to terrible situations, and some are Zach Wilson who can't play in the league regardless of the team who drafted him.

Worst lol? They spent 1st round picks the prior two years on OL, had Green/Boyd at WR and added Higgins in Burrow's draft (and his teammate Chase the following year). Mixon/Perine/Bernard at RB.

Of course there are different levels of prospects; all classes are not equal. The Jets were a combo platter of bad picks (Darnold and Wilson) and a bad situation.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst lol? They spent 1st round picks the prior two years on OL, had Green/Boyd at WR and added Higgins in Burrow's draft (and his teammate Chase the following year). Mixon/Perine/Bernard at RB.

Of course there are different levels of prospects; all classes are not equal. The Jets were a combo platter of bad picks (Darnold and Wilson) and a bad situation.
It's pretty common knowledge that that offensive line was still terrible when he got there.