• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: DRAFT DAY BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad the Patriots didn't take that. I think selling the farm for Maye would have cost both the coach and GM their jobs.

I think Maye is a great prospect, but I see him struggling greatly with that NE team...at least the first few seasons till they can build up around him (if Maye lasts that long there). All those picks could have built up a team for NE to build around the next QB (if they didn't draft one with the Minnesota pick).

I'm surprised they didn't take that deal. Two first round picks in 2024, and one first round pick in 2025 would have been quite the haul. I do wonder thought what those "mid round picks" would have been in that trade that NE would have had to give up?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Maye is a great prospect, but I see him struggling greatly with that NE team...at least the first few seasons till they can build up around him (if Maye lasts that long there). All those picks could have built up a team for NE to build around the next QB (if they didn't draft one with the Minnesota pick).

I'm surprised they didn't take that deal. Two first round picks in 2024, and one first round pick in 2025 would have been quite the haul. I do wonder thought what those "mid round picks" would have been in that trade that NE would have had to give up?
I think Maye will have a terrible year because of the team around him. He will get the same treatment as Young last year.

I am very curious what Young does this year, they upgraded the offense all over the place. He has another bad year and it seems like it is over. I honestly think after this year a lot of his haters will be eating crow.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What would that have cost the Falcons? It's one thing to swap first round picks and throw in a few picks on top of it, but to trade for a top 10 pick with no first round picks in the current draft to offer the team?

I imagine it would cost them at least their 2025 first round pick, a few 2nd round picks, and maybe even few mid draft picks.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Maye will have a terrible year because of the team around him. He will get the same treatment as Young last year.

I am very curious what Young does this year, they upgraded the offense all over the place. He has another bad year and it seems like it is over. I honestly think after this year a lot of his haters will be eating crow.

JJ, Nix, and Penix are all in a WAY better position than Maye in my opinion. He has to deal with an unproven DC as a head coach. He will still be compared to Brady, and BB really left the cupboard bare, at least on the offensive side.

At least they spent most their draft capital on the offensive side of the ball this year. I still don't see it being a good year for NE. Unfortunately, Maye will likely get a lot of blame if the offense does struggle badly.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't stand Maye as a prospect, but even washing that away, JJ is much better value at his spot than dropping 3 firsts for Maye.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,472.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will be good either. Reminds me a lot of Trubisky.

Mechanical issues and not very accurate.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will be good either. Reminds me a lot of Trubisky.

Mechanical issues and not very accurate.
We won't find out the truth this year, no matter what he is h he won't have the skills to elevate an offense devoid of talent as a rookie.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Maye as a prospect, but even washing that away, JJ is much better value at his spot than dropping 3 firsts for Maye.

Absolutely! Although, it pains me to say this, but I still think Maye is the better prospect. JJ is in a perfect position though. That Vikings team has the potential of being really good next season in my opinion. JJ has no pressure to do anything in 2024, and if Sam can't consistently move the sticks by midseason, JJ could get his shot. He would get the keys to what looks like a Ferrari offense (just my opinion).

I know a lot of people aren't high on JJ, but I think he is the kind of guy who, if given time, could be a very solid QB. I think the pressure on Maye, along with starting as a rookie in what has been a poorly run offense the past few years, will really hurt his development.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye will most likely sit to start the season and play in the 2nd half of the season.

This would make the most sense, and there shouldn't be much pressure on the GM and head coach to start him as both are in their first year. (i.e., they aren't trying to save their jobs)

Jacoby can still give the offense a little potential of being decent while Maye develops without the pressure.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watching Brock Bowers tape the guy that really stood out was Carson Beck. He could be a hell of a prospect next year and the Pats could have had the ammo.

But I do like Maye. He's making pro throws and doing pro things.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Polk and Baker should bolster the WR corps, adding to Douglas/Smith-Schuster/Osborn/Bourne/Thornton/Boutte etc. It will be interesting to which WRs make the final cut. Big question if Wallace can step in at LT though...

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Brock Bowers tape the guy that really stood out was Carson Beck. He could be a hell of a prospect next year and the Pats could have had the ammo.

But I do like Maye. He's making pro throws and doing pro things.
Yep. Potentially QB1 next year. Could of came out this year and probably be a 1st/2nd rounder

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I live in the dead center of Georgia country (Middle GA). Last season, he reminded me a lot of JJ from Michigan. Very accurate, but didn't need to do much to win games, just don't turn the ball over. Neither were known for a lot of TD passes last year if I recall correctly. JJ did play better than Beck did against a common opponent in Bama, but I think Beck had an overall better season than JJ.

He will have all the hype coming into the fall, and UGA should be ranked #1 out of the gate. He will have some of the best weapons and O-Line in all college football, but he will also have a much tougher schedule next year as well. So it won't take long for him to determine if he is a QB1 going into the draft next year.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,472.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first (like everybody else) I didn't like Atlanta taking Penix (mainly because I was hoping the Raiders would select him at #13) but now? I like it.

KC is coming off a pretty bad injury and he is about to be 36. If he plays in 10-12 or so games this coming season....the Falcons can play Penix and no doubt he gives them a better chance to win than Heinicke. Plus, they get to see what Penix can do.

Also, the Falcons struggled to find a QB after Ryan because they had nobody lined up to replace him. They clearly don't want to go through that again.

The Falcons went defense with the next 3 picks after Penix so it's not like they didn't address the defense.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Maye is safe, because I dont think he starts this season. Or if he does. It will be near the end of the season to get him some starting reps for next season. No pressure or expectations at that point in the season. Then see what they do next offseason.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Maye is safe, because I dont think he starts this season. Or if he does. It will be near the end of the season to get him some starting reps for next season. No pressure or expectations at that point in the season. Then see what they do next offseason.

To me, the reality of the QB position is if the player isn't ready to play, the team shouldn't play him. I do understand that the thinking of playing them right away and let them learn on the job, but that idea has ruined a lot more rookie QBs that it helped. Marino was basically the first rookie that was actually ready to start right away, mostly because he had the mental game down and didn't have the athletic skills that a lot of the current QBs have. Just because he was ready and some guys that came after him actually understood the demands of the position doesn't mean they all get it right away. Take a look at how many guys just take off from the pocket when they don't know what they see, that tends to give them very bad habits that they continue to fall back on instead of actually learning how to play QB in the NFL. It's probably the most demanding position in sports, and if they need to learn it to be ready, you give them the time to learn it. If it takes 1 or 2 years, then you give them the 1 or 2 years to learn it. If they're ready right away, you send them out, if they're not it's a fools errand to start them because the fans, owners or media thinks you should "see what you have". Seen that too many times to count, and I'm not saying all the guys that busted out because they were played too early ever would've amounted to anything, but that thinking sure as hell didn't help them either.