• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Donald Sterling should buy the Kings"

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the most ignorant comment made by people these days. Acting like there are no black hockey fans/players. Um hello, Jordan Nolan is a Black hockey player on the Kings & I'm sure there are a lot more Black fans in attendance during Kings' home games. LOL @ people acting like the NHL is some sort of sport exclusive to Caucasians. Are people aware that the NHL is the only major sports league (NHL MLB NFL or NBA) that never had a color barrier? Frank Calder said he will not have a discriminatory league way back in 1918 (29 years before Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier).

Sorry for the rant but so sick of this ignorant stereotype that ice hockey is a "White sport" when there's a ton of evidence suggesting others wise.

If you ask me, there's a lot more racism in the MLB NFL & NBA than there is in the NHL.

No one like Don Sterling in the NHL.

Just my :2cents:

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Jordan Nolan is First Nation (what would be Native American in the US), but the rest of your point is well taken.

There is actually no room for Donald Sterling on Earth...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Jordan Nolan is First Nation (what would be Native American in the US), but the rest of your point is well taken.

There is actually no room for Donald Sterling on Earth...

My mistake, I assumed he was mixed for some reason.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list of African descent hockey players is a long list. Currently there are 49 players. Included in this list is Jarome Iginla, Wayne Simmonds, Joel Ward, Ryan Reaves, Devante Smith-Pelly, Evander Kane, Dustin Byfuglien, Trevor Daley, Seth Jones, Johnny Oduya and Ray Emery.

And no true hockey player gives a damn about what race they are. These are all really good hockey players.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey is a white sport like basketball is a black sport. That doesnt mean they hate black people it just means the majority of the people interested in the sport are white. That is why the NHL spends massive amounts of money to expand the sport. MLB is doing the same thing there has been a major decline in black participation since the 80s.

Just want to add that I also think sterling is an idiot.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobie where on earth did that statement come from? Did the poster have any knowledge of how Sterling ran the Clippers up until the past couple of years? I'd hate to have to live through that type of ownership again with the Kings. Maybe it came from a Sharks or Ducks fan.

Ox

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the most ignorant comment made by people these days. Acting like there are no black hockey fans/players. Um hello, Jordan Nolan is a Black hockey player on the Kings & I'm sure there are a lot more Black fans in attendance during Kings' home games. LOL @ people acting like the NHL is some sort of sport exclusive to Caucasians. Are people aware that the NHL is the only major sports league (NHL MLB NFL or NBA) that never had a color barrier? Frank Calder said he will not have a discriminatory league way back in 1918 (29 years before Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier).

Sorry for the rant but so sick of this ignorant stereotype that ice hockey is a "White sport" when there's a ton of evidence suggesting others wise.

If you ask me, there's a lot more racism in the MLB NFL & NBA than there is in the NHL.

No one like Don Sterling in the NHL.

Just my :2cents:

I understand what you mean, but why name your thread title "Sterling should buy the Kings" why get this classy franchise owned by AEG, even mentioned next to that disgusting man? This franchise won it's 1st Stanley Cup just two years ago. Fuck Sterling he should be deported to a North Korea Labor Camp.

Kings fans have been there through thick & thin. :nod:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobie where on earth did that statement come from? Did the poster have any knowledge of how Sterling ran the Clippers up until the past couple of years? I'd hate to have to live through that type of ownership again with the Kings. Maybe it came from a Sharks or Ducks fan.

Ox

I read the article off the Puck Daddy blog on Yahoo. I forgot who wrote it but I'll try to find it for you. It was some female sports writer that suggested that if Sterling doesnu want Blacks at his games he should buy the Kings.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you mean, but why name your thread title "Sterling should buy the Kings" why get this classy franchise owned by AEG, even mentioned next to that disgusting man? This franchise won it's 1st Stanley Cup just two years ago. Fuck Sterling he should be deported to a North Korea Labor Camp.

Kings fans have been there through thick & thin. :nod:

Sorry, it was just some claim by a sports writer. I'll look for the article, but it was mentioned on the Puck Daddy blog. Didn't mean that Sterling should actually buy the Kings. He shouldn't own any sports team IMO.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, it was just some claim by a sports writer. I'll look for the article, but it was mentioned on the Puck Daddy blog. Didn't mean that Sterling should actually buy the Kings. He shouldn't own any sports team IMO.

Oh ok I was like, "come on Doobster, what did the Kings ever do to you ??" :lol:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for implying that Sterling should buy the Kings. Looking back a better thread title would've been better. I just get sick of people acting like hockey is a White sport or something.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a Montreal game a couple weekends ago. Black fans were well represented in the stands.

Canada is easily as diverse as the US, and maybe more so, but hockey is the one thing that seems to bring them all together.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a Montreal game a couple weekends ago. Black fans were well represented in the stands.

Canada is easily as diverse as the US, and maybe more so, but hockey is the one thing that seems to bring them all together.

Very true, and I believe it's getting there in the States as well.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this writer is a fucken idiot. That :ss: pisses me off. :mad:

Ok so stereotype the NHL also, when the sport is probably one of the most classiest in the world. I hope this writer get's testicular cancer very soon.

Yeah, they were calling her out on Puck Daddy as well. In an attempt to bash Don Sterling she took a shot at all fans of hockey.