• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Tom Brady have a great point here?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's welcome to his opinion and probably knows more about it than I do. I do however believe that it's a very competitive season. I realize that the talent difference is usually razor thin between rosters and it usually comes down to the team that executes the best in all 3 phases, or doesn't have 1 phase that just kills them. With all of that in mind, this just might be one of those wide open crazy years where a team with 9 or 10 wins figures it out late and makes a run, like the '11 Giants or '12 Ravens. They weren't spectacular in the regular season, but put it together late and got it done.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Per usual he is a pompous ass.

His success his entire career was based on the league being "mediocre" almost every year. Name a "great" team that he beat.

And the idea that he threw coaching under the bus is hilarious. Kids come out of college with more passing game football knowledge these days than the grizzled vets that played in Brady's early years ever had.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

His success his entire career was based on the league being "mediocre" almost every year. Name a "great" team that he beat.

And the idea that he threw coaching under the bus is hilarious. Kids come out of college with more passing game football knowledge these days than the grizzled vets that played in Brady's early years ever had.
This is lame.

The tacking is terrible, the blockers don't move their feet, the QBs bail on pockets and lower their eyes.

You are a part of the problem, you don't have that dedication to excellence like Tom Brady does. You don't demand it from others. You are accepting of a shittier product. How typical of our era.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Im a fan of an offensive player sticking up for defense. As a general rule I think thats just respecting the game.

I'm not really sure its an offense vs defense thing. I just think the game has tilted too much towards passing. In the past, defenses would be scared of running backs because running backs in lower levels of football are the best athletes and often the best players. The game has evolved where the RBs in the NFL are generally the same level of athlete as the guys on defense. Defensive linemen are bigger and stronger than ever. I'm not sure how you turn it around. Its just what the most evolved version of the game is.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's more talent and better play than ever. I think some of the reduction in scoring is just that the defensive talent is catching up.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

There was a year where Brady played Blake Bortles in the AFCCG. This isnt the nadir of play

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's forgotten more about football than I will ever know, but he sounds an old man shouting at clouds about how tough they were back in his day and how soft they are now.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Im a fan of an offensive player sticking up for defense. As a general rule I think thats just respecting the game.

I'm not really sure its an offense vs defense thing. I just think the game has tilted too much towards passing. In the past, defenses would be scared of running backs because running backs in lower levels of football are the best athletes and often the best players. The game has evolved where the RBs in the NFL are generally the same level of athlete as the guys on defense. Defensive linemen are bigger and stronger than ever. I'm not sure how you turn it around. Its just what the most evolved version of the game is.

Tom Brady always took that stance in the media because it paints a good picture of him......

.....but when he played he would whine like every other QB for a personal foul flag if a defender looked at him the wrong way.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's forgotten more about football than I will ever know, but he sounds an old man shouting at clouds about how tough they were back in his day and how soft they are now.

He was saying this while he was playing FYI.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady always took that stance in the media because it paints a good picture of him......

.....but when he played he would whine like every other QB for a personal foul flag if a defender looked at him the wrong way.

Don't be an idiot. As if that were possible.

Saying you don't like the rules while simultaneously using them to your advantage seems like the right thing to do.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. Some of those phantom calls came against the Chiefs. Then theres that whole tuck rule thing. He probably isnt the best person to be doing this kind of thing but the reality is that the old days did some nasty things to player health. Defense is in a better spot than its been in probably decades.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then theres that whole tuck rule thing.

Are you talking about the tuck rule which was an actual rule or is the "tuck rule thing" something different that was actually against the rules?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a big difference in most areas of the NFL, with the exception of coaching. I think coaching has not been great lately. But even then, I've watched the Lions pretty religiously for about 35 years now. We had a coach, Marty Mornhinweg, who won the coin toss in overtime against the Bears and gave them the ball. So it's not like coaching 20 years ago didn't have it flaws too.

I hate that the NFL is not as aggressive as it once was. Unfortunately though, that is the only way they could go. With CTE and all the injuries, they needed a way to make the game safer. On top of that, no one wants to watch the best players hurt all the time and careers shortened. So although I miss the physicality of the NFL of the 80's, 90's, and 2000's, I don't miss all the players getting hurt and careers being shortened. Although the stats may say those things really have change over the past 35+ years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about the tuck rule which was an actual rule or is the "tuck rule thing" something different that was actually against the rules?
Im saying Brady benefited from an era that protected QBs. Like the modern guys

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im saying Brady benefited from an era that protected QBs. Like the modern guys

I won't argue that. Though as he's suggesting in the video posted, now the WR's are also protected more than ever. But ya, Brady and Manning benefited from rules designed to protect them for sure.

People need to get over the tuck rule. It's a rule that was called many times. Not sure why they only care about one time and not all the others.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Dude is the goat. Enough said