• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doctor Who

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DONyjLGUQAAyOD0.jpg:large

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It comes from the official youtube channel, but it doesn’t have any kind of opening, so I am not sure what this is outside of a “leaked” scene.

Pretty hillarious, though. I can’t wait for this ep.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the first Jodie Whittaker episode.

Quite good. She's clearly strongly influenced by David Tennant. And that's a very good thing from my perspective.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the first Jodie Whittaker episode.

Quite good. She's clearly strongly influenced by David Tennant. And that's a very good thing from my perspective.
I see Baker (Tom, not Colin) influences in the outfit (the sweater is Bakers scarf).

As for story telling, I fear they are going with Pertwee influences. No TARDIS is not a good thing.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Baker (Tom, not Colin) influences in the outfit (the sweater is Bakers scarf).

As for story telling, I fear they are going with Pertwee influences. No TARDIS is not a good thing.

I can see influences of other doctors as well... but some of the energy she brings and her dialogue are very much Tennant.

Think about it this way. Imagine other iterations of the doctor were given that same script and stage directions, minus only the references to being a woman. It clearly fits 10 best, at least of the modern doctors. I haven't seen all of the earlier doctors (and I've seen nothing of six or seven) so I can't comment as well about them.

I don't think were going to be without a Tardis. That was a one episode thing. The previews of next weeks ep indicates they'll be on a foreign planet, and Chibnall has indicated that episode 3 will feature Rosa Parks

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn’t stand Capaldi. Smith and Tennant were both amazing, though.

Capaldi was alright. I agree that he wasn't as good as Tennant, Eccleston or Smith (in that order, for me)

But Heaven Sent may be the best episode since Blink way back in series 3. That will always be Capaldi's shining moment for Who, imho.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see influences of other doctors as well... but some of the energy she brings and her dialogue are very much Tennant.

Think about it this way. Imagine other iterations of the doctor were given that same script and stage directions, minus only the references to being a woman. It clearly fits 10 best, at least of the modern doctors. I haven't seen all of the earlier doctors (and I've seen nothing of six or seven) so I can't comment as well about them.

I don't think were going to be without a Tardis. That was a one episode thing. The previews of next weeks ep indicates they'll be on a foreign planet, and Chibnall has indicated that episode 3 will feature Rosa Parks
I was exposed to Who in the Davidson years. He is my emotional fav. I have seen quite a few eps from 1, 3 and 4, and of course 5 and 6. I don’t think I ever saw the McCoy eps, but I have seen enough clips to know it was a train wreck. Of the originals, I would rate them in this order...

Davidson
T. Baker
Hartnell
Pertwee
Troughton (based on rep, since I have not seen any of his eps)
McGann (his recent work has been amazing, even if the movie was meh at best)
C. Baker
McCoy

The NuWho order...

Smith
Tennant
Eccleston
Hurt
T. Baker (technically he was NOT 4)
Capaldi
Whittaker (just because she doesn’t have a resume yet)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first female Doctor, and what is the first thing she does in her TARDIS? Bake a brownie.

Did that REALLY just happen?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching last nights episode now...

This season is SOOOOO bad. I can’t really blame Whitaker, I don’t think, although I suspect she is adding to the direction the show is taking (based on interviews).

Strong rumors, though, that both Chibnal and Whitaker are gone after 1 more (thankfully short) season.

Too bad. I think the idea of a female Doctor is a good one. But the activism in this show is so over the top. It has met every fear the nay sayers had going in. Hell, it has surpassed many of those fears.

I will stick with it, though. 50 years has earned the show a few bumps in the road.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series 12 trailer:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished the 2-part premier. Better than last season, but still a lot of cringe-moments. She still just walks around pointing her sonic screwdriver at everything to “fix” it. Lazy writing. The “Who’s Who” in woman’s history was more activist pushing, but it was not as bad as last season. Same with her “I got an upgrade” comment. That would not have been a problem if the show were not already on probation.

On a more big-picture front...

I like that the Master is back, but I would like (but do not expect) some kind of explanation of where he has been since Missy apparently sacrificed herself to save the Doctor at the end of Capaldi.

I also am not sure I trust Chibnal enough to allow him to handle going into a full dive into Galifrean back-story. if that gets fucked up, that could cause some serious damage to the franchise.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dvr recording caught a commercial or something just before part 1 of the premier, but I only saw about 5 seconds of it. It looked maybe a new dr who spinoff?? Did anyone see this ad? What was it about?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is next to unwatchable. For 3 consecutive weeks, I have abandoned my first watch of the episode due to pure boredom. There is no mystery. No intrigue. Just the Doctor running around like a chicken with its head cut off, while she blindly points the sonic at everything.

Bad, woke, lazy writing.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalek commands social distancing for covid-19:

:lol:

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea who John Bishop is. Apparently he is a semi-big name in the UK. They had Bradley Walsh and they grossly misused him. I have no faith they will do this guy any better

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea who John Bishop is. Apparently he is a semi-big name in the UK. They had Bradley Walsh and they grossly misused him. I have no faith they will do this guy any better
I gave up on the show. Im left leaning and even i couldnt stand how freaking WOKE it has become. Was excited to see a female doctor(he always wanted to be reborn as one anyways) but they just went waaaaaay to far. Fuck it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season/arc/whatever is boring af. I honestly think part of the problem is that I can only understand like every 3rd word that Bishop says, and only every other work Whitaker says. They really went head-first into the British accents this season.