• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doctor Who

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She had not met the Capaldi Doctor. The first doctor that she met was Smith and Tennant was the last she met (she only met him once, at her "death").

She met Capaldi for the first (and only) time in that episode. She only knew of the first 12 doctors (she had the pics).

yes, but he walks around in other episodes and people know who he is... how does his wife not?? Isn't this the 2nd season already with capaldi?? how has the news not spread to her that he did not die?? I get the time travel he does is not linear but still...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, but he walks around in other episodes and people know who he is... how does his wife not?? Isn't this the 2nd season already with capaldi?? how has the news not spread to her that he did not die?? I get the time travel he does is not linear but still...
Does everyone know who he is, or do they understand his look constantly changes and go from there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So next week is Capaldi's final episode. I have not seen any reports of his replacement getting cast, but it kinda looks like they will be merging Doctor and Master into a single character. As long as they don't use the actress who plays Missy, it may be interesting, but I would rather them not introduce some whole new ability that has never even been hinted at before.

Also, it looks like they are closing a minor continuity problem between the first few arcs of the the first Doctor and the rest of the series. The Doctor referred to himself as "Dr. Who" is the very early episodes, then he morphed into simply "The Doctor" after that. I am always open to good retcon explanations, and this one seemed to fit.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Christmas special will be a multi-Doctor cross-over. Awesome! And they usually do the Christmas specials very well.

They still have not announced (at least not that I have heard) who the new Doctor will be, which makes me fear something...

Will he take Bill's face? They have been hinting at a female Doctor all season, and they did have Bill drop a tear on him as she left. It has also been established in canon that he I saw influenced by people he meets in what face he takes. Both 6 and 12 used actors who previously appeared (Capaldi actually appeared in-universe twice) and when we saw 4 again in The Day of the Doctor (Baker) he was future incarnation and confirmed flat out that he uses faces he remembers fondly.

Behind the scenes, they have been very coy about whether Bill will be back again or not.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how accurate this is, but...

Apparently, this years Chistmas special will be the War Doctor story told from the POV of 1 and 12. If this is true, than we have to see, at least in the background, 10, 11 and WD, right? Too early to recast WD, so they will only use stock footage and/or camera angle tricks for any scene with him. I would not be surprised, however, to see 8 make an appearance. His reprisal in Night of the Doctor really went over well, so he SHOULD be making more appearances.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 13th Doctor, just announced...

Jodie Whittaker - IMDb

jodie-whittaker-blonde-845175.jpg

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of Dr Who, but it is amazing how many people are upset about this decision. I think it is good for the series.

well, to be fair, women cant be doctors

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's a thread on the politics board about this...because it's political?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am typically against PC/SJW moves, but I have no problem with this. Dr Who is sci-fi, and sci-fi is intended to push the boundaries. I was against Smith when he was announced, and now he is one of my favorite Doctors. And it shouldn't be hard to be an improvement on Capoldi.

I reserve the right to hate her portrayal, but I am going in with an open mind.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am typically against PC/SJW moves, but I have no problem with this. Dr Who is sci-fi, and sci-fi is intended to push the boundaries. I was against Smith when he was announced, and now he is one of my favorite Doctors. And it shouldn't be hard to be an improvement on Capoldi.

I reserve the right to hate her portrayal, but I am going in with an open mind.

It isn't as bad as you think. One of the biggest trolls on the board is losing his shit over it, but for the most part no one really seems to care.

I might give it a shot. I used to love the show but I just couldn't get into Capaldi. I've been meaning to get caught up but I just haven't.

If the Christmas special rumor is true though, that might be spectacular

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't as bad as you think. One of the biggest trolls on the board is losing his shit over it, but for the most part no one really seems to care.

I might give it a shot. I used to love the show but I just couldn't get into Capaldi. I've been meaning to get caught up but I just haven't.

If the Christmas special rumor is true though, that might be spectacular
I am not sure what rumors you are referring to. If you are referring to my spoiler a few posts back, only the basic part isn't what I had heard (the first sentence). Everything else was my own extrapolation.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what rumors you are referring to. If you are referring to my spoiler a few posts back, only the basic part isn't what I had heard (the first sentence). Everything else was my own extrapolation.

I was referring to the thread on the political board about a female Dr Who

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew it was coming. I like the choice of actress. Will still watch... and may also fap.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

She is female. That is about the extent of her hotness...
Dark hair, light eyes, prettier than average face, not a fatty, and a British accent.... good 'nuff fer me! :D

Reactions: ill

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark hair, light eyes, prettier than average face, not a fatty, and a British accent.... good 'nuff fer me! :D
If I am sleeping in on a Sat morning and she enters my room, I will not kick her out of bed, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to entice her to get there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have never seen Whittaker in anything, so I decided to watch S1 of Broadchurch (watch E1 now).

Holy Who, Batman. Is there any other non-Who show with as many Doctors in it as this? This show has THREE Doctors in it, AND Rory.