• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do You Think This Will Work or Be A Huge Flop?

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am thinking that you just can't compete with Husker Football. Its not the same pagentry. I am originally from Kearney we had the Tri-City Diesel (played in same league as the Beef) and it failed miserably because people wanted to see something much more like the atmosphere of college football.

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Omaha has an areana team that does ok. But to try to have an outdoor football league. Seems to me that it will be hard to get enough support to keep it going.

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really? What do you see as the biggest draw to this? Don't you think there will be a bunch of guys that couldn't quite hack it in the NFL? Seems to me like it will be hard to construct a decent fan base unless there is a significant push for television coverage of these games which it sounds to me like there will not be.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
last year this league sent 30 guys to the NFL

the reading rusher in the league was cory ross

i see a lot of former huskers trying to keep the nfl dream going

i would go to watch ross, lucky, hardy, purify, etc
a uno guy denny should do it, i would really like to watch this

put it on fridays and screw high school

if they keep the players regional, then we couldhave huskers, hawkeyes, jayhawks etc, i think it will work in omaha if there is a connection to the players

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good Points. If you keep the players regional it very well may work. You do have some pretty good small college guys around the region too.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
fear the tutle!!!
small-dead-turtle-in-chair.jpg

terphusker

Currently Rosterbaiting
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ouch. Kick us while we are down.

Off the subject how many days til the Red/White game?

I can't wait for next season.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty well against this idea until I heard that there would be a ton of former Huskers playing. The games would be played on friday nights which would be a fun warm up for fans coming in from out of town heading to Lincoln to watch the Huskers play the following day. Of course they would have to make the trek from Omaha to Lincoln the next day, but still it would be kinda fun seeing former Huskers play and then going and seeing the current Huskers the next day.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty well against this idea until I heard that there would be a ton of former Huskers playing. The games would be played on friday nights which would be a fun warm up for fans coming in from out of town heading to Lincoln to watch the Huskers play the following day. Of course they would have to make the trek from Omaha to Lincoln the next day, but still it would be kinda fun seeing former Huskers play and then going and seeing the current Huskers the next day.

How many people make this trek already anyways? A crap ton. Try going on I-80 during game day. Parking lot.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this could work out. Think about it, a football game then you can just walk a few blocks downtown and get smammered.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I would advise not even taking I-80 on gameday. Just leave a little earlier than usual and take a nice road trip on gravel roads. I've driven from Lincoln to Omaha on gravel before......it's more fun than one might think...........if you're drinking of course.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking that you just can't compete with Husker Football. Its not the same pagentry. I am originally from Kearney we had the Tri-City Diesel (played in same league as the Beef) and it failed miserably because people wanted to see something much more like the atmosphere of college football.

alright a fellow kearney poster
I did attend a few diesel arena games ---just to drink mass amounts of beer
the FB atmosphere lacked huge ---so true though that people went to quinch there thirst for a Husker game.

Its like that in this state---Only Husker football other than that it ain't football.

Last edited by a moderator:

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last year this league sent 30 guys to the NFL

the reading rusher in the league was cory ross

i see a lot of former huskers trying to keep the nfl dream going

i would go to watch ross, lucky, hardy, purify, etc
a uno guy denny should do it, i would really like to watch this

put it on fridays and screw high school

if they keep the players regional, then we couldhave huskers, hawkeyes, jayhawks etc, i think it will work in omaha if there is a connection to the players

Agreed. I don't know when they play their season, but as long as it not taking attention away from husker games, people will show up.