• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did you guys hear...

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should stop looking at these QB'S as "Types"........I would like to get a qb that we can wait a couple years to learn and he can be great in his own right.......

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if Jay has a spectacular year, there are two more years guaranteed. At least thats the way this contract is worded, three years with 54 million guaranteed, then a series of one year deals.

If you get a rookie like Russell wilson that forces your hand, you deal with it, but not even Seattle was expecting Wilson, they had Jackson and Matt Flynn to play Wilsons Rookie season, he just beat those two backups out.

Otherwise the plan is to let them watch one or two seasons, and that seems to be what Hundley and Mariota would be better doing. Hell, even Winston would be better off sitting.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do get a funny feeling that Jay will now have his best season as a Bear. Just to make our heads spin even more. Seems like such a "Jay" thing to do. Then again… that's probably the homer in me speaking. That and I'm still a fan of Jay, despite it all. Even if I've given up on him, I really like the guy.

I would love it just for the sheer fact that we'd then have to listen to the chaos ensue from everyone in the city who declared him dead to them after the 2014 season. I'm not quite sure how fans would react.

C

cubzzzfanincali

The thing is, we've said the "OK, this is finally Cutler's year" for several seasons running now. I guess this is my first year getting off that train.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's going to happen: Jay will still get blamed for everything. It won't matter. He's going to need to go 10 games+ without an interception or fumble before many will give him credit.
And with every loss... big or small. He will get the brunt of the second guessing. Nit-picked on each incompletion/decision. (Even if NO interceptions/fumbles) The defense can give up 50 points (they shouldn't next year) and there will be many on twitter and sports radio and probably this message board... that will try and find fault in Jay's game. That's what I'm afraid will happen.
That's what I've been fighting against for years. Place blame equally...

and probably more importantly- GIVE CREDIT when it's due as well. I don't see Jay Cutler getting much credit for what he has accomplished in his Bears career- Everyone wants to point to the "excuses" of Jay Cutler.
We gave him his WR, An Oline (joke), all that Money!! and he still sucks!!

Nah...not really. Elite- no... Sucks- no either.
Give the guy some credit too. That's what I fear won't happen. It didn't much last year either. Or many years for that matter.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to the score on the way to work.

Who is more likely to be traded on draft day. Cutler or Rivers.

Nobody thought anyone would want Cutlers contract. a whopping 15 million next year and 10 million in 2016.

People dont think they can trade him for an AAV of 12.5? I dont even know if that is top half of QB's.

Seems the expectations are pretty low. I think most of us just want to see a plan, a backup plan, a contingency, something so we dont need to trade multiple first round picks to get someone elses guy again.

Sorry Joey, credit comes with Playoff Victories. The Bears have no doubt have had the worst history of quarterbacks in football, so breaking records of bob avellini, Vince Evans, Eric Kramer, Jim McMahon, some other guy that was here his final years of his career are just not that big of a deal.

I dont know who is gonna accept blame like Marshall used to, Forte is working out at home, missing his voluntary team conditioning, kinda like he did when he wanted his contract done last time it was expiring. We need a plan for running back too, not many over 32 are worth much. Nobody is talking immediate replacement on forte either.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Credit? The dude has taken us to the playoffs one season in six years. Yeah, sorry, I don't hand out credit to track records like that. I guess I'm a real stickler.

Sure, I get it, blame is more complex than one guy. No doubt. But at some point, is it really that unfair to shield a guy from some of the blame for this record? Aside from Forte and Gould, he is the only constant on the roster and coaching staff. All games are lost for many reasons, but some guys do deserve more blame for losses than others. Sure, Gould and Forte have made some key mistakes too. But not as many as Cutler. Nowhere near as many.

10 games without a mistake? Give me a break dude. It is bullshit to imply that we are being that unreasonable. I don't need ten games running. How about fucking TWO? Is that really so much to ask? Do you realize that you have to go back 2012 to find two games in a row where he didn't commit a turnover?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please do this. Don't give Chip the option to do something so foolish.

Cutler would be good in a Whisenhunt offense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never blamed Cutler for anything. He is near perfection. 10 games in a row with no picks is just another season for Jay. I blame the other teams defenses not Jay.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 games without a mistake? Give me a break dude. It is bullshit to imply that we are being that unreasonable. I don't need ten games running. How about fucking TWO? Is that really so much to ask? Do you realize that you have to go back 2012 to find two games in a row where he didn't commit a turnover?

Its not his fault, the interceptions are the receivers fault

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit? The dude has taken us to the playoffs one season in six years. Yeah, sorry, I don't hand out credit to track records like that. I guess I'm a real stickler.

Sure, I get it, blame is more complex than one guy. No doubt. But at some point, is it really that unfair to shield a guy from some of the blame for this record? Aside from Forte and Gould, he is the only constant on the roster and coaching staff. All games are lost for many reasons, but some guys do deserve more blame for losses than others. Sure, Gould and Forte have made some key mistakes too. But not as many as Cutler. Nowhere near as many.

Blah...just more of the same. I'm Not and never have "shielded" the guy from his issues or mistakes.
(he's got a winning record btw)
How many playoff wins/games did Peanut, Briggs, Urlacher get them to in the last 6 years? What about Peppers? THAT'S what I'm talking about. Those guys were all on the same damn team as Jay...and yet it's the QB who get's it. IT's A FREAKING TEAM GAME!!! That's what pisses me off the most. Forte is great, Still didn't make the playoffs... Some are crying over trading Marshall- NO playoffs either. Tore the team apart.

Don't see them winning with a rookie QB any time soon. (2-4 years MAYBE- that's if he's not a bust) The general sense throughout the country is that this is Cutler's last year. Just think that's BS. It's EVERYONE's FIRST year. That's how people should look at it.

Cali- you're one of the worse offenders last year, when Jay had GOOD games you were the first to point out his 2 bad plays/incompletions. It's like that kid who comes home with all A's and ONE B+...you're the parent that get's pissed about the B+ and doesn't mention the A's.

It just pisses me off... The best QB Chicago has ever had.... and people want to piss all over him. Has Jay ever been accused of r*pe? Punched his wife in an elevator? Stolen Crab legs? Beaten his kid with a switch? had a DUI? Said ONE thing to throw his teammates under the bus? Challenged to fight fan on twitter?...No.
And many want to still run him out of town like he's the antichrist. "Let's get Winston! if he falls!!" Bullshit.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler has had some unbelievably awesome games, with flashes of Montana and Marino sprinkled in to wet our appetite. But he also has had some unbelievably bad games as well. His inconsistency wouldn't bother me too much if the Bears had a decent team around him, ala 2010, but with a bad D last season and Trestman's offensive-minded approach, the onus of success was placed squarely on his shoulders. In all honesty, most QBs would have buckled under the pressure as well.

If Fox can build a decent team in all three phases of the game, Cutler could have a good couple of years. I do expect him to perform much better than last season. So I am waiting with bated breath.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Blah...just more of the same. I'm Not and never have "shielded" the guy from his issues or mistakes.
How many playoff wins/games did Peanut, Briggs, Urlacher get them to in the last 6 years? What about Peppers? THAT'S what I'm talking about. Those guys were all on the same damn team as Jay...and yet it's the QB who get's it. IT's A FREAKING TEAM GAME!!! That's what pisses me off the most. Forte is great, Still didn't make the playoffs... Some are crying over trading Marshall- NO playoffs either. Tore the team apart.

Don't see them winning with a rookie QB any time soon. (2-4 years MAYBE- that's if he's not a bust) The general sense throughout the country is that this is Cutler's last year. Just think that's BS. It's EVERYONE's FIRST year. That's how people should look at it.

Cali- you're one of the worse offenders last year, when Jay had GOOD games you were the first to point out his 2 bad plays/incompletions. It's like that kid who comes home with all A's and ONE B+...you're the parent that get's pissed about the B+ and doesn't mention the A's.

It just pisses me off... The best QB Chicago has ever had.... and people want to piss all over him. Has Jay ever been accused of r*pe? Punched his wife in an elevator? Stolen Crab legs? Beaten his kid with a switch? had a DUI? Said ONE thing to throw his teammates under the bus? Challenged to fight fan on twitter?...No.
And many want to still run him out of town like he's the antichrist. "Let's get Winston! if he falls!!" Bullshit.

Offender? You mean I committed the "offense" of pointing out how he was hurting the team, a team that compiled a 5-11 record? Yeah, I guess I'm guilty as charged.

I will give you one of your points though...as far as a guy, you are right, at least he hasn't committed any horrible violent crimes. Hell of a standard we've sunk to in the modern day and age.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Cutler has had some unbelievably awesome games, with flashes of Montana and Marino sprinkled in to wet our appetite. But he also has had some unbelievably bad games as well. His inconsistency wouldn't bother me too much if the Bears had a decent team around him, ala 2010, but with a bad D last season and Trestman's offensive-minded approach, the onus of success was placed squarely on his shoulders. In all honesty, most QBs would have buckled under the pressure as well.

If Fox can build a decent team in all three phases of the game, Cutler could have a good couple of years. I do expect him to perform much better than last season. So I am waiting with bated breath.

Cutler had one really good game last year. Against Atlanta. One. Yeah, if he played like that game more often, he'd be awesome. He had one in 2013, too, against New Orleans even though we lost that game. He also had exactly one great game in 2012, the Dallas game. And exactly one in 2011, the Minnesota home game. (You could argue for the Atlanta opener as well...though you have to consider throwing an interception as ignorable for purposes of having an "unbelievably awesome" game.) He had a few great games in both 2009 and 2010, which is what I think sticks out in our minds longer than it should have.

He has great, unbelievably awesome plays, yes, but he rarely puts up those unbelievably awesome entire games because he is too inconsistent.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really hard to argue with any of the above statements about Jay, mainly because there is merit to all of them. Yes, Jay only took the Bears to the playoffs one time, but my goodness he had some atrocious O lines during the majority of his time as a Bear QB, including last season. And some weird O coordinators. And yes, some weird throwing habits.

I'm curious to see how Fox handles Jay (if there is no trade obviously). Finally, we have a mature coach who has dealt with mediocre/average QB's (like Delhomme) and managed to win. And I like his O coordinator though I fear he's 1 and done.

Edit: I swear I'm Jay Cutler on Jay Cutler, I'm throwing 50 yard bombs for him, then I'm willing to toss an INT like him, then I'm making an unbelievable post on him, then I'm fumbling him.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I actually wanted to like NC's post, funny ending. But I have a stupid question to ask you guys. I dont usually like or dislike posts, but on my mobile device I don't see where you can. Can any iPhone users point me to where the "like" feature is on this thing?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said yesterday, name the stellar quarterbacks they had before. Our lifetime (well mine) superbowl quarterbacks are Jim McMahon and Rex Grossman, two that would never be ink on record books.

Most of our posters are not pissed at Jay, its the organization allowing for Jay. Allowing Emery to change the identity of this team, the lack of vision that quarterback effectiveness in blizzards mean nothing. Jay is the poster child for the change of identity that put this franchise in a funk ever since he got here. He represents all that, all the emphasis leaving the defense. Thats the hate.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said yesterday, name the stellar quarterbacks they had before. Our lifetime (well mine) superbowl quarterbacks are Jim McMahon and Rex Grossman, two that would never be ink on record books.

Most of our posters are not pissed at Jay, its the organization allowing for Jay. Allowing Emery to change the identity of this team, the lack of vision that quarterback effectiveness in blizzards mean nothing. Jay is the poster child for the change of identity that put this franchise in a funk ever since he got here. He represents all that, all the emphasis leaving the defense. Thats the hate.

From what I've seen... Plenty are "pissed" at Jay. So that doesn't make sense for you to say that. And believe it or not, I've had my share of being pissed at him too. As a fan and supporter- when he does screw up it sucks. So pissed is a good word to use- For the hater it's easier to simply place blame. The "I told you so" comments of Jay Cutler "sucks".
The whining about "tradition" of Chicago Bears is simply stupid. I'm not denying the need for strong defense, a running game and all that. But what did that "tradition" get Chicago? ONE superbowl win in it's history. The bulk of the salary cap has gone to the defensive side of the ball for the majority of Jay's Bears career. (I'm almost positive it was every year, until 2014) That didn't win them anything either.
The Bears also didn't leave the defense- the defensive stars got old, expensive, and injured- and were not replaced with quality backups. (bad drafting!!) If they drafted better replacements that were cheaper in first contracts the defense wouldn't have fallen off so much. And the precious "tradition" could have continued.
What you see is that it's Jay's fault that he "put the franchise in a funk". No he actually gave them hope, we now have a QB we can win with... Defense falls off due to above reasons. Easy to place blame on "new" guy with jerkface instead of former stars who were/are no longer what they were.
Urlacher, Briggs, Peppers, Peanut... Great players in their prime. Didn't do much/injured when they got the QB. "Tradition" fans simply always resort back to the old faithful... The Offense is the problem.