• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did you guys hear...

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears would then have 2 QBs that havent played an NFL down, and another thats played one game since 2010. All of that goes along with a defense thats undergoing a complete overhaul. No harm in creating another huge question mark, I suppose...;)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard but I don't believe. To good to be true.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the local radio guys talking about today. Honestly if i had to chose i think i would take the rivers deal over cutler regardless if im tenn.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Mariota?
tumblr_myjjh8cq5m1st3w5zo3_500.gif

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a big kick out of the trade rumor. Moving up to the #2 spot in the draft I would grab Williams, not Mariotta. I don't like his QB style with this Coaching staff. Mariotta in college was a post snap decision maker, not a pre snap decision maker. Under the right system he can excel in the NFL, but not with the current Bear Offensive brain thrust. Put him with Chip Kelley.

C

cubzzzfanincali

you know, if this was before the 3rd day of the new league year, I would have supported the trade, because it would have waived most of Cutler's 2015 cap obligations to Chicago and we would have gotten out from under him before his 2016 salary became guaranteed.

But now? Now it does not make much sense to me. Unless the scouts are really that high on Mariota, but it would still have been mismanagement not to have done the trade a month ago.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is simply a bleacher report guy say'n shit to get page views. THAT IS ALL. It doesn't make any sense.

1. Cali's right- they don't do this now- after already committing to Cutlers contract for 2016 is dumb.
  2. Tenn taking on Jay's deal, giving up #2 pick and taking #7 isn't enough. The trade doesn't make sense for either teams. Jay and a 1st AND 3rd For the #2 pick- maybe. (except not sure how the contract would work now that the date has past?)
  3. Mariotta isn't worth a #2 pick. Too many questions, completely different style of QB for Fox. Too many other holes that need filling- Mariotta isn't a "franchise QB"

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is simply a bleacher report guy say'n shit to get page views. THAT IS ALL. It doesn't make any sense.

1. Cali's right- they don't do this now- after already committing to Cutlers contract for 2016 is dumb.
  2. Tenn taking on Jay's deal, giving up #2 pick and taking #7 isn't enough. The trade doesn't make sense for either teams. Jay and a 1st AND 3rd For the #2 pick- maybe. (except not sure how the contract would work now that the date has past?)
  3. Mariotta isn't worth a #2 pick. Too many questions, completely different style of QB for Fox. Too many other holes that need filling- Mariotta isn't a "franchise QB"

Look at what they got for Marshall WITH his contract. a lousy 5th rounder. They had to pick up part of Cutlers contract to make him worth getting a first round pick in return. Its not getting the #2 pick for Cutler, its moving up 5 spots in the draft for the Titans to get cutler and not have to give up more since you are paying part of the 32 million left. Titans still get their guy at 7. If they would have traded Jay before the league year deadline, it was still gonna cost us 10 million, it also would have netted a third or fourth round pick if we were lucky if the team taking him took on the entire contract like the jets did with marshall. The entire league knows Jay is overpaid, Bears would have to eat part of the deal so passing the deadline is the way to make that happen.

If Cutler is going to the Titans, I would think the Titans want to include Zach Mettenberger in the deal and the bears might prefer that over Mariota. Mariota isnt a franchise QB lol, we dont know what Mariota will be, we know that Cutler is not a franchise QB though, not a franchise that wants to make the playoffs.

3. Joey, consider the deal is to dump Mariota not keep him here and let Philly overpay so we end up with 5 picks in return. But that is losing 2 and 7 in the process and your first pick being 20.

We know Jay and Marshall fell out of BFF turf last year, we dont know if it was just the first step to see how Cutler responded to Marshall leaving. But then again, he was quick with his fingers to text the new players and coaches so he is proving to be a great leader and must be accepting life in Chicago without Brandon......

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other odd thing about this trade... Why do it? Mariotta will probably be there at 7. It will take him a while to adjust to the NFL game, so you keep Cutler going this year while Mariotta learns how to be an NFL QB. Like what others have posted, why, at this point, do you do this trade since the money is now on the books?

Now if Tenn likes Cutler so much, swap picks have them send us a 3rd to go along with it, now I'm interested.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariotta doesn't make it past the Jets at 6.

I would think a team could give the Titans a better package than Cutler and the 1st for the second overall. The Titans would have to take on Cutler's contract and drop 6 spots?

Be a great steal for the Bears if they do but just can't see a team that stupid.

C

cubzzzfanincali

The other odd thing about this trade... Why do it? Mariotta will probably be there at 7.

As far as that goes, no doubt this will be interesting to watch. There are rumors he could go to NY or Washington, or (way more likely in my opinion) some other team trades up for him before #7. But he might not. He might in fact slide.

I saw a big part of the benefit of Cutler early in the league year as an opportunity to free up money that could be used to lock down younger promising players (think, for example, of Rodney Hudson as the kind of guy I had in mind to nail down with the freed-up Cutler cap space). But now that the money element is gone, I have to agree...at this point we may as well stick with the guy anyway, since it is a loser season anyway and the money option to bring future keystones of the roster is gone.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie might still shock the world and go defense with the first pick since he has little desire to train a quarterback and big desire to build a dominating defense. Then its Winston that is also in play at 2.

Everyone is suggesting moving up, suggesting they will take Mariota because everybody knows Philadelphia and Kelly with full player control wants him so bad he can taste the sweat off his jock. He got Bradford since his mind is right with football, his body is what is bad and is a great tudor for Mariota.

This is all part of the game leading up to draft day. Anyone ahead of Philly wants a visit from Mariota.

Either way, its just a bleacher report guy starting a shit storm, might as well try to have some fun with it.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last time the second overall pick was traded in 2012, Washington gave the Rams three first-round picks and a second for Robert Griffin III. What exactly might the Bears think they’re giving up besides Cutler to get the pick?
Yeah...so NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!
It could be a little bait too.... if Mariota falls to #7 to have teams that want him trade up with the Bears. That I would do- Trade down if the bears can get 2 mid-late first round picks and an extra 3 or 4. Hell yeah I'd do that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great… trade one failed QB for a future failed Chicago QB.

Mariota will fall flat on his face in this league. I have absolutely no doubt.