• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did you guys hear...

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen... Plenty are "pissed" at Jay. So that doesn't make sense for you to say that. And believe it or not, I've had my share of being pissed at him too. As a fan and supporter- when he does screw up it sucks. So pissed is a good word to use- For the hater it's easier to simply place blame. The "I told you so" comments of Jay Cutler "sucks".
The whining about "tradition" of Chicago Bears is simply stupid. I'm not denying the need for strong defense, a running game and all that. But what did that "tradition" get Chicago? ONE superbowl win in it's history. The bulk of the salary cap has gone to the defensive side of the ball for the majority of Jay's Bears career. (I'm almost positive it was every year, until 2014) That didn't win them anything either.
The Bears also didn't leave the defense- the defensive stars got old, expensive, and injured- and were not replaced with quality backups. (bad drafting!!) If they drafted better replacements that were cheaper in first contracts the defense wouldn't have fallen off so much. And the precious "tradition" could have continued.
What you see is that it's Jay's fault that he "put the franchise in a funk". No he actually gave them hope, we now have a QB we can win with... Defense falls off due to above reasons. Easy to place blame on "new" guy with jerkface instead of former stars who were/are no longer what they were.
Urlacher, Briggs, Peppers, Peanut... Great players in their prime. Didn't do much/injured when they got the QB. "Tradition" fans simply always resort back to the old faithful... The Offense is the problem.

Wow, now who needs reading comprehension. Thats what makes it worse. I blame Emery and the organization and you spew more of your blame. All your rhetoric about blame the defense just show the fact that the organization never needed an "elite" quarterback and would not need him if the defense was still good. Cutler gave you hope, most of us were like Urlacher and know he meant what he said. funny how the same thing is happening with Graham in Seattle and Bennett. I guess we see if that key guys ruins their team identity too.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your defense is a shitty as the Bears defenses have been during the Jay Cutler era, the QB has little hope for success. Jay's not a perfect QB, but give him a defense and a lot of his mistakes will go away too. A shitty defense makes a QB take more chances and Jay already takes plenty of chances because his arm is a friggin laser.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your defense is a shitty as the Bears defenses have been during the Jay Cutler era, the QB has little hope for success. Jay's not a perfect QB, but give him a defense and a lot of his mistakes will go away too. A shitty defense makes a QB take more chances and Jay already takes plenty of chances because his arm is a friggin laser.

I guess you can say that. I guess the 54 million dollar question (or is it the 115 million dollar question) is pretty simple, if the bears had a better defense, would cutler stop taking chances to move the chains and simply throw the ball out of bounds because he trusts the defense will get him the ball back and he wont be down by 20 when he does get the ball back.

My gut tells me Jay takes chances like Favre took chances and it really did not matter on what the score was.

Other side of it bought up earlier, will pouty Jay, the jay that Urlacher originally talked about, be able to keep his defense behind him when he keeps putting them back on the field after another pick.