• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

devils vs flyers game 2 gdt

Status
Not open for further replies.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
O Marty what are you doing!
This win gives kovalchuk game 3 off. Down 0-2 and he would be in game 3.

If the devils win Thursday...that place will be rocking like never before for sunday night and kovalchuk mamkng his return?

Big game Thursday score early on bryz

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
I dont mind Marty talking a little bit of shit. Sure it's bulletin board material but Marty has earned the ability to talk a bit of shit and the thorough domination of tonite's game gives the team a lot of confidence.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not happy about this Marty...

Brodeur, who had 19 saves, joked he needed an "old man's chair" to sit and rest.

"I got lonely a little bit," he said.

The Devils outshot them 12-2 in the second, in fact. And to make matters worse, the Flyers opened and closed the period on the power play.

Dont give them fuel for the fire.... this is not the type of team you need to wake up... Just enjoy your win... this was not game 7 or a series ender.... You have alot of hockey left to play and dont give them a reason to play a physical hard game like we know they can do.... Take your win and get ready for the next game...

Hope it doesnt come back to haunt us....

LETS GO DEVILS!!! YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!

Flyers are a team that obviously has trouble controlling themselves. Don't mind this a bit. He's keeping all the attention off of everyone besides himself, and he's obviously capable of handling the pressure better than anyone just because he's been there more than anyone.

Not to mention, Bryz is a nut job. He sees Marty acting this calm, and he's going to piss himself.

If they start getting a little physical with marty in his crease he'll take those bumps all night and let the Devils go on the PP. Besides he doesn't mind standing up for himself. He was tossing some punches tonight.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great effort by all on this one. Like seeing a confident team still work hard and stick in there when down.
Larsson had a bit of rust and jitters, but when he settled down...all you can say is great game played by the youngster and way to step in there.

This Philly team gives quite the cheap shots but I like how Devil players aren't responding to them on this. On CBC they showed several incidents during game 1 and some with last night's game. I believe if Pitts didn't fall into the trap of responding to all the Cryers antics, that series would have been different.

The one thing I wish the Devils would do better is protect Marty by blocking out the Cryers when Marty covers the puck. MC I agree that Marty can take care of himself but we don't want Marty to lose some of his focus.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think bulletin board material is an overrated cliche anyway. Harrold is much better suited to play up front, because then he's not the last line of defence. He can be effective at keeping the puck in the zone and has wheels. Unfortunately he doesn't have the mind to be a solid defenseman. Especially when the guy he was playing over is in my mind, a much better player.

Great to see Clarkson finally get one, hopefully that puts him in a good mindset, and Zajac has been an absolute beast for us. Him being hurt all season may help him out in terms of stamina during this playoff run. And always nice when a stay at home guy gets a goal. Who doesn't love Bryce?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought Brodeur overreacted in the first period when JVR went hard to the net and poked at the puck. There was no whistle.
I don't want another Avery getting into Marty's head event in this series.
To me, JVR did nothing wrong really.

Good thing though is that Brodeur didn't let that affect him the rest of the game. He was calm and solid rest of the way.
First goal was mostly because Greene interfered with Brodeur.

Zajac by the way is becoming very clutch in these playoffs.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could've also been Marty's way of creating a spark for the team. Get his guys fired up, make them be alert anytime Marty is trying to cover a puck etc.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly a credit to the players in front of him. The Flyers didnt get a shot on Marty in the 2nd til the 19th min.....

Devils did very well in limiting opportunities and any possible onslaught of shots from the Flyers...

kudos to the team. Marty, consider this gm a gm off, come back gm 3 rested and focused.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that, if he really did have the game off someone else would have been in net. The game still took energy out of him, just not much in the 2nd

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly a credit to the players in front of him. The Flyers didnt get a shot on Marty in the 2nd til the 19th min.....

Devils did very well in limiting opportunities and any possible onslaught of shots from the Flyers...

kudos to the team. Marty, consider this gm a gm off, come back gm 3 rested and focused.

It's not really a question of how many shots were taken at him. He didn't have to deal with a lot physically, true, but part of goaltending is keeping your focus sharp because pucks can come pretty much from the red line in. Even if none of them make it to the net, it's mentally tiring. Brodeur's enough of a veteran to handle it, but it still takes its toll. Like TiLo said, it's not really a game off unless somebody else is in the net.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Brodeur overreacted in the first period when JVR went hard to the net and poked at the puck. There was no whistle.
I don't want another Avery getting into Marty's head event in this series.
To me, JVR did nothing wrong really.

Good thing though is that Brodeur didn't let that affect him the rest of the game. He was calm and solid rest of the way.
First goal was mostly because Greene interfered with Brodeur.

Zajac by the way is becoming very clutch in these playoffs.

I dont think he reacted because he went for the puck, I think he reacted as to how he did it. He didnt just poke his stick in there at the loose puck, he smashed his entire body into Martys knee to free the puck. That is different and Marty could have been hurt. A stick in there is onething.... running into your knee with all the force of your body is another.... I could see why he was upset... I also didnt like the backwards takedown they did to him after that... I dont think they even got a penatly for it.... not that it matters now....

And about the Marty talking trash... Yes, the Marty of old that stops almost everything can talk shit.... but the Marty of today that lets some weak goals in from time to time doesnt need to be talking shit at all... esp since this series is far from over. This cryer team has not really played us physical like they can.... I hope they keep playing this way, but thank goodness the next two are in Jersey. Lets take both and really put the pressure on them.

LETS GO DEVILS!!! YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he even talking shit? He said he joked he was kinda bored....not really trashing talking to me....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he even talking shit? He said he joked he was kinda bored....not really trashing talking to me....

Agreed. I think it was more of a I had a quiet night throw away line as opposed to "Looks like I can kick my feet up and relax, they can't get anything going in this series".

Status
Not open for further replies.