• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential PO Clinching Day

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's see what he's got. Great opportunity for him.

So I'm assuming Arty Retardy will be in and the centers will be PLD, Dunno, The Lizard at C3 and Lewis at C4 or vice versa.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canucks go into Edmonton and win a big one. That changes a lot of things and basically locks Canucks into #1 and Oilers into #2. Feels like other teams really just handle Edmonton so much easier. Exploit their defense and goaltending better.

Dallas looks like the #1 overall in the west. So... LA can go ahead and rest everybody and tank these final two games please. Let Vegas jump to Pacific #3.

But in all likelihood we're looking at Oilers vs Kings version 3.0.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canucks go into Edmonton and win a big one. That changes a lot of things and basically locks Canucks into #1 and Oilers into #2. Feels like other teams really just handle Edmonton so much easier. Exploit their defense and goaltending better.

Dallas looks like the #1 overall in the west. So... LA can go ahead and rest everybody and tank these final two games please. Let Vegas jump to Pacific #3.

But in all likelihood we're looking at Oilers vs Kings version 3.0.

To be fair, McJesus has been out the last few games....I think Oilers much more difficult with him in lineup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, McJesus has been out the last few games....I think Oilers much more difficult with him in lineup

I didn't even know he wasn't playing. People saying the Oilers were losing on purpose and maybe that's what they meant. Is he really hurt right now?

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even know he wasn't playing. People saying the Oilers were losing on purpose and maybe that's what they meant. Is he really hurt right now?

I really dont know, i only heard Fox mention it when talking about the Van/oil game a few times. In my mind i do think he is hurt, hes at 99A and was in the hunt for most points....I cant imagine his ego letting him fake injury

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jeff Carter retires.

Class act by the Isles. What a great career and wow was he so important to this franchise for almost 10 years. 2012 had so many different story lines but he was definitely one of the major ones after he was traded for.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude was money, sneaky fast and great shot. So many important pick ups its hard to name just 1....but can make quite the arguement for this one in a couple ways....sloting C's correctly, getting a top sniper, and almost the most important....moving JMFJ

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That leg injury to start 2017 (?) really was the start of his decline. Once that speed was gone he wasn't as lethal anymore, but seeing him in top flight flying down the wing or whatever and letting go of that shot was always fun to see.

That trade did slot all the Cs where they needed to be, Kopitar stayed, Carter was a legitimate 2C with Richards as a hybrid 2C/3C and Fraser as the 4C with prime Lewis (that's weird to say) ready to fill in. Just having Carter and Richards interchangeable in those two positions was brilliant. Going to avoid Kopitar? OK we will take Richards. Oh crap here comes Carter instead. The way the 2012 team was built, there really was no weakness anywhere.

Wish JMFJ well but his departure balanced the D and made them even more tough to play against with Voynov immediately becoming a solid 2RD. Best thing he brought to LA was a plane ticket out.