• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: DEVILS vs. dallas

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LET'S GO CHICO!

Be nice if Cory gets a shutout for the old goalie, not too mention the team could use it!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
JJ going to save the PK.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
JJ doing very well. Gionta looks useful as a winger now.

It may just be me since nobody has singled him out yet, but I feel Greene has been a major let down so far this season.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I missed the Doc and Chico casts. It was good to hear them for the last time.

Doc was a master at manipulating Chico's rants.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Long year folks just don't have the guys to compete.

That 2nd goal shouldn't have counted so they were lucky to get the point.

Elias enough already your time has passed those kids on Dallas made you look bad with your stupid curls in the final min.

Shootout? Seems they still haven't learned both shots for the Devils were in way too close to the net. Dallas both shots came from outside the paint and off the iccccccccce!

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cory made huge saves but if he gives up goals like the 2nd, no good.
I expected mistakes on defense this season but not from vets. If I'm going to watch mistakes rather it be the young guys and rookies.
I thought Brunner had some jump and creativity on offense but where s everybody else?

Sad they couldn't even play a full 60 for Chico.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They did well in the 1st but it turned into last season for the 2nd and 3rd. long possessions that end up in the feet of an opposing winger after a long shot attempt.

Same old crap with the shootout. I thought Pete said he was practicing it... or was it just some more BS he told the media? Jagr has never been good at it yet there he goes!

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cam made a good deke just maybe one extra move and shot it high and wide. Figure you try Brunner second. Jagr said he hates shoutouts. Give it up Pete.

Now Ottawa who will be fired up tomorrow night.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they changed the rules in the shootout this year that says you can no longer stop forward momentum at all??? If that is the case, why the hell did Spezzas first goal count? He came to a complete stop???? althougth Jagr did the same thing... but is that or is it not a rule???

Elias in OT was horrid.... TWO turnovers in our own end that could have ended the game in the final minute both by him... trying to be fancy and cute... I am so tired of his BS play. You are not 20 anymore... that shit don't work and has not for 10 years... stop trying to make the Sportscenter hightlight goal and do your job... or keep looking to heavens like we have seen for the last three years....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gelinas showed why he needs to be in the lineup every game. Im sick of the young guys being fucked with. How is anyone supposed to show any type of development if they are being shuffled in and out of the press box. I know thats sorta standard for young guys but it shouldnt be when the vets are playing like garbage. Dress 7 Dmen if needed. They did it with Harrold. Why not do it for Larsson?

Elias looks done. What a horrible game from him tonight.

Brunner is adding some much needed speed and skill to the lineup. But knowing DeBoer he will be a healthy scratch tomorrow. I've been a PDB defended to no end but Im beginning to turn.

As for the shootout..idk why its hard but I guess it is. You need young, fast and skillful players in the shootout. I know we dont have a bunch of those but its clear to me anyways that Henrique and Brunner should be 1-2 every single time. Then if you wanna put Cam or Jagr or even Elias at 3 thats fine.

And as for Cory. Played well overall. Those softies seem to find their way in a lot though. And considering he's so good on breakaways in the actual game he is really horrible at shootouts.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the sad thing is on Corys softie goal... guess who was the defenseman in front that could have made a play on the puck. Yet he stood still and just stuck his stick out... guess... anyone... yeap, you got it, our "he brings other things to the table" Captain..... I watched the replay, he just stood there and kinda stuck his stick out to attempt to stop the puck... but no effort at all in moving or taking the guy out... just sad... don't know what he brings to the table, but he doesn't bring anything to the ice....

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just to be clear about the end of OT, Elias, Brunner, and Gelly were caught out there for what seemed like 2 entire minutes. Just looked it up and Gelly was out there for 1:53 straight in 4v4. Not liking the long change in OT.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Elias is out there that long ice the puck don't try to curl drop pass or weave in and out of younger faster better stars players. If Elias was 20 I could understand the rookie mistake but he's not.

Glad other people are finally getting on Elias here but don't worry he will get a phat 4 year deal by loyal Louie.

Jägr has been invisible. Sure he's had moments but his point totals won't be what they were last year.

Cory should've had that second one but good lord how easy was that 2nd shootout goal? Guy skated right to left and had an open cage.

Jägr and spezza had the same move only difference spezza got it higher and shot it from further out. Just goes to show you how much $$$$$$ praise and kovy really were worth.

I know it's early way early but lack of skill on this team is clearly showing. Just wait til the injuries hit

I agree with rp. Ottawa will be fired up tonight first game after those shootings everyone in Canada is watching that game.

Good news is we can always turn to 35 year old career backup lucky to get a loyal Louie contract Scott clemmenson

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not giving up on the year or anything...but

This team looks painfully slow. As they have the last few years. I'm not even going to say it's because we have too many older players, because even the younger kids seem a step behind most teams. I honestly feel like the team isn't conditioned well enough, which falls on PDB.

Speaking of him, I'm ready for Lou to pull the plug on him. Let's be honest, realistically, he has had one good year. That year also had the like of Parise and Kovy carrying the team to the SCF', with contributions from everyone else at the right times. Still, since that year, he has not impressed me whatsoever. In fact, he seems to be making this team worse with his decision making. He could very well have ruined Larsson's career before it even started with his poor development strategy. I hate to be so critical of him, but his time has come. The team needs a new direction and new mindset, and PDB will not change.

I think our shootout failures really emphasize what this team lacks, and has for a few years: Skill. The team is full of guys willing to work, there's no doubt. However, the Devils lack one or two players that can take over a game, step up when needed, and have the moves to win a shootout. When Kovy and Parise were still here, the team had an amazing shootout record. Any coincidence that now that they are gone, we can't win ONE SINGLE SHOOTOUT?

I'll put it this way: When your go to players are Camms, Elias, and Jagr (at their current ages), you have a problem.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The season isn't over but hell even if they make the playoffs they will get trounced in 5 their lone win coming on game 4.

Someone like torts is what this team of vets needs. If the team was young like say Edmonton then I wouldn't want him but an old team needs someone to bash them. Face it though lou and this club of players have a reputation as coach killers who else but say Crawford or torts would want to come here?

Btw attendance listed at 14,500 last night. Looking at the ceremony it looked a lot less. The game? I wasn't there but reading comments around 11-12. The upper tier aren't even selling

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Team is slow. I think the defense is a step quicker than previous years (except we know who), but watching our offense compared to the teams they are playing, its quite obvious.
Not saying Brunner is some savior, but you take him out, and the team is even slower.

I read Kovy still is interested in coming back to NHL and wants a chance for a cup. I know it wouldn't happen, but if I was GM, I would be calling him right now.
He helps solve speed, scoring, shootouts. Plus, we need his energy. When he scored and went nuts, we don't have that.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The season isn't over but hell even if they make the playoffs they will get trounced in 5 their lone win coming on game 4.

Someone like torts is what this team of vets needs. If the team was young like say Edmonton then I wouldn't want him but an old team needs someone to bash them. Face it though lou and this club of players have a reputation as coach killers who else but say Crawford or torts would want to come here?

Btw attendance listed at 14,500 last night. Looking at the ceremony it looked a lot less. The game? I wasn't there but reading comments around 11-12. The upper tier aren't even selling

You think part of the problem is Ebola and that kids flu like virus?
You have doctors flying back from west Africa and going bowling the same day.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear about the end of OT, Elias, Brunner, and Gelly were caught out there for what seemed like 2 entire minutes. Just looked it up and Gelly was out there for 1:53 straight in 4v4. Not liking the long change in OT.

I don't care how long he was out there.... its very simple hockey... GET THE PUCK OUT OF YOUR ZONE FIRST.... I know its so shocking, but that drop pass he did about 1 foot from the blue line still in our zone... why not skate one more second and then drop pass (not that its a smart play in that situation at all) but at least then Dallas would have to clear the zone before they could enter again... its so simple its mind boggleing yet we have a vet that cant do it? It almost cost us the game, you know, before the shootout cost us...

Again, can anyone answer my question about the shootout???/

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's good point about Ebola. I doubt though it plays that much into hell a nurse did come in through Newark and they quarantined her so it would hit in that area first.

What was the question in the shootout?

I know the "star" players have been getting locked up before ufa but there comes a point when you pull the trigger on a move. Heck I would take a flier on yakupov right now even if it's larrson that goes the other way.

Everyone bashed me for the ruutu deal last year but that's a lineup spot that a kid could be in right now. Same for havlat yeah I know he is only a 1 year deal but he will finish with 9-12 goals whoopsie dooooo

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question was about I thought they changed the rule that you could no longer stop your forward momentum or it was a no goal... something spezza did (so did Jagr) but they both came to a complete stop... thought they said you could no longer do this in a shoot out... you had to keep moving forward...