• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dave Matthews Band New(ish) Lineup

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just listening to DMB concert from 7/29 on XM. During Crush, the trumpet player had a sweet ass solo where he was running his horn through an envelope filter and possible other effects. Really cool and unique sound.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just listening to DMB concert from 7/29 on XM. During Crush, the trumpet player had a sweet ass solo where he was running his horn through an envelope filter and possible other effects. Really cool and unique sound.
Saw the Melvins in concert last week, and they had two bands open for them...the first, I still haven't figured out who the fuck they were, but they consisted of two guys, one of which was playing what he described as a 3D synthesizer. Looked like a homemade contraption, but ostensibly, it appeared as if it was just putting off a vibration or something that he manipulated. He never touched the thing, just the immediate space/air above it.

They played one 12 minute "song" (Mostly just trippy noise), but I couldn't take my eyes off the guy. Took me the whole set, and then asking him, to figure out wtf I just watched.
3D synth.jpg

Not the best pic here, as he's actually touching it, but for the most part, he was just manipulating the air above it.

It was pretty cool.