• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DaVante Adams Punishment?

Punishment Should Be?

• 1 Game

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • 2-4 Games

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Season

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Fine Only

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Other - Explain

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be his entrance song

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid rule. I get what you are saying, but that was suspect. They should be able to review that kind of play. He was stipping the ball out of his had and "kind of" landed on him. Dumb.
I'm in favour of being able to review personal foul penalties, but if this 1 was reviewed it would stand. The defender made little or no effort to avoid his full weight landing on the QB. The argument over this was 2 years ago and since then every defender has adapted. I'd rather it was penalised like holding, (5 yards & automatic 1st down), but QBs generate the league's finances so they're protected.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. If they are going to start enforcing it the way they are it needs to be reviewable. A review would have shown him brace with his left hand and that he could brace with his right bc he was already holding the ball lol
His left arm absorbed nothing. You can't land right on him. Very easy to not do. But he wanted to get his weight on him.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in favour of being able to review personal foul penalties, but if this 1 was reviewed it would stand. The defender made little or no effort to avoid his full weight landing on the QB. The argument over this was 2 years ago and since then every defender has adapted. I'd rather it was penalised like holding, (5 yards & automatic 1st down), but QBs generate the league's finances so they're protected.
We can agree to disagree. His right hand, which was the hand needed to help break the fall, was possessing the ball. He put down his left hand which was wrapped all the way around Carrs body. It was a horrible call.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suppose it depends on how the rule is defined. Jones definitely made an attempt to brace his fall. It was not very successful and I think his full weight did come down on Carr. He could not use his right arm to stop himself as it was holding the ball. The league cannot expect a defender to let go of the football in order to brace themselves.

I highly doubt Jones was expecting the ball to pop right into his arms during the sack while they were going to the ground. It was quick thinking by him to even get his left arm down at all.

So, if the rule is "was the full weight applied to the QB with no attempt to brace" then it's not a penalty. If it's simply only the weight that matters then it is.

If you want to see a tackle on a QB that this rule is designed for see Siragusa's hit on Gannon in the playoff that the fat ass proudly said was one of the greatest moments of his career. Dude was absolutely trying to hurt Gannon and succeeded.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always taught to let people pass before trying to cross

This motherfucker needs to learn some manners

fuck him

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to have even more punishment over his next few games... Carr is benched in favor of Stidham...

Will Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady be their QB in 2023?

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose it depends on how the rule is defined. Jones definitely made an attempt to brace his fall. It was not very successful and I think his full weight did come down on Carr. He could not use his right arm to stop himself as it was holding the ball. The league cannot expect a defender to let go of the football in order to brace themselves.

I highly doubt Jones was expecting the ball to pop right into his arms during the sack while they were going to the ground. It was quick thinking by him to even get his left arm down at all.

So, if the rule is "was the full weight applied to the QB with no attempt to brace" then it's not a penalty. If it's simply only the weight that matters then it is.

If you want to see a tackle on a QB that this rule is designed for see Siragusa's hit on Gannon in the playoff that the fat ass proudly said was one of the greatest moments of his career. Dude was absolutely trying to hurt Gannon and succeeded.

Siragusa is a piece of shit.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That play was some shit, but let's not let it define a man's legacy. Especially now that he's dead. I don't have too many memories of Goose being an overly dirty player besides that one play.
Nah.

I'm sticking with it.

that he thought it was funny is unforgivable.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah you gotta kind of pay the F attention what you're doing with players on the field and then the game is over and you run right in front of them not looking or anything? I mean the shove was a little much, but c'mon guy. Pull your head out of your ass and be a little aware of wtf you're doing. Probably saw the cheerleaders bending over and was focused on getting that 'shot'.

Running to your lawyers and the hospital? Really? I mean if he had a broken arm or something fine, and I could see a small claims court for any medical bills or lost salary if he can't work (can't really be a camera guy with a broken leg/arm, etc.) but really guy? Didn't look that bad.
How many men on here when they see a man that is obviously very angry, get right in his face?
Cameraman did this - poor judgment. Net result, he was pushed out of the way and landed on his asset!
Next time, give an angry man some room!

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders are 6-9. Suspend him for a game now. Won't hurt the team, just Adams's missing paycheck. Don't drag this into next season.