• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn Yankee's vs Wash's Rangers , 7/22

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologists always love the term "hate". Its attempt at using a strong emotional word when they can't defend their stance with facts and logic. I don't hate him. However, he is killing this team. He has never been a starter and he still isn't.

People said the same stuff about young last year and we ride his poor play right to second place. He didn't get back to his old self and he still hasn't this year.

Murphy is the weakest link and if you can improve on your weakest link you should. I'm not going to pass on that in hopes that the second half magically makes Murphy turn it around.

Him and Elvis have been the strongest link in the second half so far. Small sample size though

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and Elvis have been the strongest link in the second half so far. Small sample size though

Uh yeah. I see no need to even bring that up since we've played a whopping 7 games. :L

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think 14 isn't a SSS?

That's a good question. Not sure really, I think if youre hitting well for 2-3 weeks I think its a good indication that youre on a good roll.. and atleast you know you have been consistent for a while now

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good question. Not sure really, I think if youre hitting well for 2-3 weeks I think its a good indication that youre on a good roll.. and atleast you know you have been consistent for a while now

14 games is still a SSS. :L

Try me again when he's been hitting for a month.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody with sense wants him at least on the bench when the situation calls for it, like against LHPs

and I agree but we really have nothing proven to throw out there in his place. Baker is a career bench player and E. Beltre has proven nothing. now go out and pick up Rios, pence or ? and put his butt on the bench preferably except in the rare situation

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I agree but we really have nothing proven to throw out there in his place. Baker is a career bench player and E. Beltre has proven nothing. now go out and pick up Rios, pence or ? and put his butt on the bench preferably except in the rare situation

Beltre is a very talented OF that has hit in very limited appearances. He deserves a shot given Murphy's dismal play. What's the saying about insanity? Doing the the same thing over and over and expecting different results....

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre is a very talented OF that has hit in very limited appearances. He deserves a shot given Murphy's dismal play. What's the saying about insanity? Doing the the same thing over and over and expecting different results....

One thing about Beltre is at one time not to long ago he was one of the better prospects in the organization but just fell out of favor due it not all coming together and injuries. So the talent is hopefully there and given he's only 23 it may be the perfect time to give him PT. I really would like to see him get chances since he is out of options anyways.

The same thing hasn't been done over and over tho. Wash has tried to alter the lineups as much as possible to try to find something but it really hasn't worked other than moving Nelly to the 3 hole. Other than that nothing else is really working because the whole lineup is not hitting with RISP and has not been fluid all season long.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So you hate him and want to move him after having a bad 2/3rds of a season, even though he's well known as a great second half guy and has been a consistent batter for us for 5 years? I just don't get the hate.

"he's well known as a great second half guy"

Allocating further 2013 playing time to a guy who isn't going to be on the TEX roster in 2014 based on a 5-year look back let alone a career perspective is short sighted. Unless he's the COF that will power TEX to the post season ... then he should be gone by the deadline one way or another.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"he's well known as a great second half guy"

Allocating further 2013 playing time to a guy who isn't going to be on the TEX roster in 2014 based on a 5-year look back let alone a career perspective is short sighted. Unless he's the COF that will power TEX to the post season ... then he should be gone by the deadline one way or another.

By that logic, we shouldn't be playing Cruz either.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz is actually contributing and has all season. Try again.

"Allocating further 2013 playing time to a guy who isn't going to be on the TEX roster in 2014 based on a 5-year look back let alone a career perspective is short sighted."

His logic, not mine.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Allocating further 2013 playing time to a guy who isn't going to be on the TEX roster in 2014 based on a 5-year look back let alone a career perspective is short sighted."

His logic, not mine.

That statement was within the context of yours that assumed Murphy would break out of his season long slump because he has a history of being a second half player. Not even close to the same thing.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That statement was within the context of yours that assumed Murphy would break out of his season long slump because he has a history of being a second half player. Not even close to the same thing.

He's a career .300 hitter in the second half. I'd say that, coupled with the fact he's batting .318 since the break, is enough to assume that he can break out of his slump. It's not that difficult of a concept, he's got a track record for it and, so far, has lived up to that. He's been the second most unlucky player next to Adam Dunn this year based on his BABIP this year vs. career BABIP.