• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn Yankee's vs Wash's Rangers , 7/22

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, name the Yankee's starting lineup. I'll give you Cano and Ichrio + Who the Hell are these guys?:wtf2:

Are these the Premuin Ticket games ?:omg:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overbay and Gardener, that's all I got but they're the guys that are gonna walk in and take a series from the Rangers in Arlington if this team doesn't start playing worth a damn

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manny 0-4 .227 now, 0 for his last 10 the last 3 games. We don't need anymore of that on the big league team

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manny 0-4 .227 now, 0 for his last 10 the last 3 games. We don't need anymore of that on the big league team

This is what Average(.500) teams do, they bring in Name guys, AJ, Berkman, Manny, hoping they have 1 last moment. Got to keep up the Fan interest.:gaah::lame::noidea::scratch:

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Average(.500) teams do, they bring in Name guys, AJ, Berkman, Manny, hoping they have 1 last moment. Got to keep up the Fan interest.:gaah::lame::noidea::scratch:

Yea, don't bring in anybody worth a damn.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what the Rangers use to do as well. I can understand the AJ signing. But I would like for us to go after more players in their prime.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hear you loud and clear. I don't know who started the "retread" strategy for the Rangers but it is not "mostly" working. Cotts was a great idea and has had great success. Wolf, Lindblom and others did not turn out so well (I include Berkman in that formula of retread). It was a risk and the return has been just Cotts to my knowledge. I guess Wolf was a good idea as a long reliever but not a starter.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, we have Yu, Ogando and Holland and another ? mark scheduled for the Yankee series. Should be no excuses on the pitching end of the game for at least 3 of 4 of the games. I would wager no trade deals until JD sees the results of this series and where we are in the standings come Friday.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, we have Yu, Ogando and Holland and another ? mark scheduled for the Yankee series. Should be no excuses on the pitching end of the game for at least 3 of 4 of the games. I would wager no trade deals until JD sees the results of this series and where we are in the standings come Friday.

Another pitcher would be great. But we need some bats. We are not getting any help from our lf, 1b, dh or catcher.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another pitcher would be great. But we need some bats. We are not getting any help from our lf, 1b, dh or catcher.
I'll give you LF and DH not producing, but Moreland, while in a slump since coming off the DH, has been good enough, and A.J. has been one of the more consistent hitters on the team.

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always trailing leads to Desparation, desparate Swings. Rangers are 0-36 after 8 innings. This means 0-Zero walkoff Wins. When you know you Haven't done it, it becomes Can't make a comeback, it eats into the Energy, Moral, Confidence and Emotion of a Clubhouse. More Draining than the physical part of playing.
i.e., Mistakes, errors, missplays, passballs, errant throws, Bad base running, Bad Coaching dicisions. Every missplay has Snowballed into Avalance of negatives for Rangers.
Very Sad, :suds: :suds:, more Beer will fix, :suds::suds:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna call it. I'm gonna say we are coming out of it in this series

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look at the players left from the last three years who are starting.
1. Murphy- Fair defense/offense lacking
2. Beltre- Quality offense/defense
3.Andrus- Quality defense / offense lacking
4.Kinsler- Quality offense/defense
5.Moreland- Quality defense/offense lacking
6.Cruz- Fair defense/ offense good
These descriptions may not be exactly how you see them but are close enough to know this is not a championship team. That is a lot to fix not including positions not listed such as catcher dh. So saying JD should do this or that is ludicrous. He can only do so much. Some of these problems can be improved with proper management stressing basic fundamentals. However, that seems to be a real problem. Poor on the field play has gone on too long without being addressed. It is going to take strong leadership to over come existing play. ( Strictly my opinion)

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team at its best is a strong pitching staff, solid offense, strong defense

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you LF and DH not producing, but Moreland, while in a slump since coming off the DH, has been good enough, and A.J. has been one of the more consistent hitters on the team.

Moreland is 8 for his last 34 at bats in his last 10 games. A 235 BA. That is not good enough from your 1B.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear you loud and clear. I don't know who started the "retread" strategy for the Rangers but it is not "mostly" working. Cotts was a great idea and has had great success. Wolf, Lindblom and others did not turn out so well (I include Berkman in that formula of retread). It was a risk and the return has been just Cotts to my knowledge. I guess Wolf was a good idea as a long reliever but not a starter.

I am not going to throw Wolf into that group just yet. I knew it would take one bad game for some people to forget all the other great pitching he has done this year. Not saying he won't bomb out the rest of the year but he has earned a chance.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like, the lackings need to be addressed in the off season.

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team at its best is a strong pitching staff, solid offense, strong defense
I hope you mean on its best day. Recently (as in more often than not since May) they've been none of those things.

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to throw Wolf into that group just yet. I knew it would take one bad game for some people to forget all the other great pitching he has done this year. Not saying he won't bomb out the rest of the year but he has earned a chance.
He's still not a quality starter. You very rarely find quality starters in career journeymen because if they could start even as a decent 4/5, they would be on someone's roster. Wolf has filled roles as needed but if he continues to start he will get overexposed just as Tepesch and Grimm did and will be shown for the journeyman he is. Nothing against the guy, its just how baseball works.