• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn Yankee's vs Wash's Rangers , 7/22

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rangers do not rebound and lose 3 out 4 to the yankees, i am afraid Romeo is right in that wash has lost this team.

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not any team IMO
Even the Astros are capable of hitting well, play good defense, and someone like Norris throws a good game. So yeah, possible. Just very inconsistent

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
Always trailing leads to Desparation, desparate Swings. Rangers are 0-36 after 8 innings. This means 0-Zero walkoff Wins. When you know you Haven't done it, it becomes Can't make a comeback, it eats into the Energy, Moral, Confidence and Emotion of a Clubhouse. More Draining than the physical part of playing.
i.e., Mistakes, errors, missplays, passballs, errant throws, Bad base running, Bad Coaching dicisions. Every missplay has Snowballed into Avalance of negatives for Rangers.
Very Sad, :suds: :suds:, more Beer will fix, :suds::suds:

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about on paper.
Plenty of question marks even on paper. See DT post below... Offense- AJ, whoever filling DH spot, Murphy, Moreland, EA. Defense- Cruz, Murphy, sometimes both catchers look dreadful, general sloppy errors all around the field. Pitching anyone not named Darvish or Holland or Nathan is not really trustable right now. Yes some good potential with all if all playing/hitting/pitching/fielding at best, but we all know at best is not consistent with this team. Paper doesn't win championships... See Angels, Marlins, Toronto, etc.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another pitcher would be great. But we need some bats. We are not getting any help from our lf, 1b, dh or catcher.
To much to replace. Would suggest developing the guys we have. Elvis Moreland AJ and even Murphy have proven they can hit. Wash needs to get his staff busy and help fix the problems. That scenario is more likely than replacing everyone not hitting.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skanks don't hit as well as the O's, but they are starting four pretty good pitchers in this series, particularly Koroda. We should have our hands full. Hopefully Darvish and Ogando are at or near full strength in their returns. I will be happy with at least a split.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of question marks even on paper. See DT post below... Offense- AJ, whoever filling DH spot, Murphy, Moreland, EA. Defense- Cruz, Murphy, sometimes both catchers look dreadful, general sloppy errors all around the field. Pitching anyone not named Darvish or Holland or Nathan is not really trustable right now. Yes some good potential with all if all playing/hitting/pitching/fielding at best, but we all know at best is not consistent with this team. Paper doesn't win championships... See Angels, Marlins, Toronto, etc.

Never thought any of those teams were good on paper. Especially the marlins

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another pitcher would be great. But we need some bats. We are not getting any help from our lf, 1b, dh or catcher.

LOL, not at you or your comments but the situation you present. When you have so many key positons not producing as you note you become sellers not buyers. If we make no buying deals by the trade deadline I think the FO would be sending a clear message to the fans...You can expect more $1 hot dog nights at the ballpark because we are rebuilding:)

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skanks don't hit as well as the O's, but they are starting four pretty good pitchers in this series, particularly Koroda. We should have our hands full. Hopefully Darvish and Ogando are at or near full strength in their returns. I will be happy with at least a split.

We need 3/4

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, not at you or your comments but the situation you present. When you have so many key positons not producing as you note you become sellers not buyers. If we make no buying deals by the trade deadline I think the FO would be sending a clear message to the fans...You can expect more $1 hot dog nights at the ballpark because we are rebuilding:)

This team will not be sellers if they are barely out of the playoff picture..

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to throw Wolf into that group just yet. I knew it would take one bad game for some people to forget all the other great pitching he has done this year. Not saying he won't bomb out the rest of the year but he has earned a chance.

That is why I handled Wolf a bit differently. He has done an awesome job coming out of the pen to do the long relief, especially pitching 7 innings in that 18 inning game even though he lost. I think Wolf is a keeper as a long reliever and spot guy for a double header. But not a rotation guy.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like, the lackings need to be addressed in the off season.

Very possible that may happen. However, if you look at the Boston model they made their moves for this season last season by selling big time.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need 3/4

Three of four would be great. How about a sweep? I'm just saying that even though the Yanks have had some trouble scoring runs lately (at least until they faced Dempster last night), all four of the starters that we'll face have had some pretty good recent outings. Much as I'd love to win the series, I think that a split would be an accomplishment.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very possible that may happen. However, if you look at the Boston model they made their moves for this season last season by selling big time.

Wasn't Boston over ten games out of first by this point last season?

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From Fordman's farm report posting on Ogando, it looks like Ogando's slider is still "iffy." He could struggle this week.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A split with the Yanks means we will be 5 back of Oakland by the end of the series. OAK plays the 'Stros the next three and then the Angels for 4 at their home.