• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn Yankee's vs Wash's Rangers , 7/22

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three of four would be great. How about a sweep? I'm just saying that even though the Yanks have had some trouble scoring runs lately (at least until they faced Dempster last night), all four of the starters that we'll face have had some pretty good recent outings. Much as I'd love to win the series, I think that a split would be an accomplishment.

Yeah, a sweep would be nice. Hopefully I'm right about them breaking out of it today.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A split with the Yanks means we will be 5 back of Oakland by the end of the series. OAK plays the 'Stros the next three and then the Angels for 4 at their home.

Can't assume they will sweep the Astros. We will see though. Angels took 2/3 from them by the way

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Fordman's farm report posting on Ogando, it looks like Ogando's slider is still "iffy." He could struggle this week.

I won't be at all surprised if he does. Same with Darvish, in fact. That, along with the NYY starters that we'll face, is why I'd consider a split an accomplishment.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need 3/4

This team will not be sellers if they are barely out of the playoff picture..

Barely out of the playoff picture is defined as how many games back? Hard to gauge I know. Looking at who we are playing and who the A's are playing I am pretty sure even if we sweep the Yanks we are still 2-3 games back. If we split or take 3/4 we will most likely find ourselves 3-4 games back. There is a strong possibility that if we keep playing the way we are now we could be back 7 games by the end of the week. However, I made that dire prediction last month and was happy I was so wrong.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Boston over ten games out of first by this point last season?

I think you are correct. By Monday next week where do you think we will be if we keep playing the same baseball? IF we are playing the same baseball against the Yankees and Indians AND the A's sweep the Stros and take 3/4 from the Angels, that would be six "opportunities" for us to lose ground. By Monday we could be southwards of 6-8 games back. I hope I am wrong and WAS wrong when I proposed the same in June. Let's hope I am wrong.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely out of the playoff picture is defined as how many games back? Hard to gauge I know. Looking at who we are playing and who the A's are playing I am pretty sure even if we sweep the Yanks we are still 2-3 games back. If we split or take 3/4 we will most likely find ourselves 3-4 games back. There is a strong possibility that if we keep playing the way we are now we could be back 7 games by the end of the week. However, I made that dire prediction last month and was happy I was so wrong.

What prediction did you make?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Detroit is the worst playoff team right now. They are the 6th best team in the AL

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland is 8 for his last 34 at bats in his last 10 games. A 235 BA. That is not good enough from your 1B.

I already acknowledged the fact he is slumping since coming off the DH. But overall, he has been good and was very hot before getting hurt. He is fully capable of producing at this level as both a power hitter and run producer, and has shown before that he is capable of making the adjustments needed.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are correct. By Monday next week where do you think we will be if we keep playing the same baseball? IF we are playing the same baseball against the Yankees and Indians AND the A's sweep the Stros and take 3/4 from the Angels, that would be six "opportunities" for us to lose ground. By Monday we could be southwards of 6-8 games back. I hope I am wrong and WAS wrong when I proposed the same in June. Let's hope I am wrong.

I too hope that you're wrong. Personally, I think that our struggles are more attributable to injuries than were Boston's last year. They seemed to get off on the wrong foot with Valentine and then just go downhill from there. Good example of how changing managers isn't always the panacea that disgruntled fans might expect.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Detroit is the worst playoff team right now. They are the 6th best team in the AL

Because they play in a garbage division just like last year. They really have no competition.

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nationals shaking things up as this shows from Rotoworld.com

According to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, the Nationals have fired hitting coach Rick Eckstein.

Rick Schu, the organization's minor league hitting coordinator, has been promoted to fill the vacancy. Eckstein was in his fifth season as Washington's hitting coach and will now play the role of scapegoat for the club's 48-50 start to the 2013 campaign. He is the older brother of former major league shorststop David Eckstein.

Rangers gonna wait until they fall back to 500 team before making a similar bold move?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nationals shaking things up as this shows from Rotoworld.com

According to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, the Nationals have fired hitting coach Rick Eckstein.

Rick Schu, the organization's minor league hitting coordinator, has been promoted to fill the vacancy. Eckstein was in his fifth season as Washington's hitting coach and will now play the role of scapegoat for the club's 48-50 start to the 2013 campaign. He is the older brother of former major league shorststop David Eckstein.

Rangers gonna wait until they fall back to 500 team before making a similar bold move?

We aren't going to fall back to .500

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't going to fall back to .500
If they keep playing like the last month they might be back to .500 by September. Nothing has changed in last month except more bad play and lost ground.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "last month" also includes the sweep at St. Louis, series wins at NYY and versus Cincinnati. We are in a funk, but why overstate it in order to justify sweeping changes? The guys we have have already shown that they can bounce back from adversity. We're getting healthier and the FO seems to be looking for reinforcements. No need to panic, in my opinion.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "last month" also includes the sweep at St. Louis, series wins at NYY and versus Cincinnati. We are in a funk, but why overstate it in order to justify sweeping changes? The guys we have have already shown that they can bounce back from adversity. We're getting healthier and the FO seems to be looking for reinforcements. No need to panic, in my opinion.

THIS.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you change? No one can hit in the #2 spot. Its a black hole this year.
I'll be hitting in the #2 spot tomorrow night. Go to Rangers website, sign up, and you too can spend one evening in the #2 spot in the order...but hurry, there's only 64 spots (games) left!!!!