• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn Yankee's vs Wash's Rangers , 7/22

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are obsessed with getting rid of Murphy. and we will at the end of the season and not earlier

If we're not going to get rid of Murphy then he is fine with being a part time 4th outfielder.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some body help me out. Could it be possible we will need three bats?
1. one for DH if Berkman retires
2. one to play of
3. one to replacement Cruz if suspended.

DT hard to say but we don't have the capital to get three bats. We know JD mentioned one bat. We know others other than ND keep dropping Morales of SEA and a few others as a second bat but JD is mute on that right now. He could be operating in the shadows and we will know when we know.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT hard to say but we don't have the capital to get three bats. We know JD mentioned one bat. We know others other than ND keep dropping Morales of SEA and a few others as a second bat but JD is mute on that right now. He could be operating in the shadows and we will know when we know.

Gonna be interesting indeed

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought it was interesting although it would break the bank.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt we add two bats and given the fact that we're thin on OF next season I highly doubt JD is so quick to turn loose of a talented ML ready cf.

Second, we've already discussed that Murphy would just be a full in for te rest of the season in any package.

can you name a team that would take Murphy as part of any trade? in any trade right now teams are looking to dump salary and might take a smaller prospect package to unload certain players but if you tried to force Murphy on them they would want more prospects along with him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can you name a team that would take Murphy as part of any trade? in any trade right now teams are looking to dump salary and might take a smaller prospect package to unload certain players but if you tried to force Murphy on them they would want more prospects along with him.

Look bud, we've already been over this. Say we get rios from Chicago. They'll need somebody to fill the hole at the ML level for the rest of the season. They're not competing so they don't care how much he sucks. We might have to eat his salary but its worth it to get him out of this lineup. He wouldn't be what brings rios here. He'd just be a throw in that we'd pay for.

Old school

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as he has hit, getting rid of Murphy is not going to make this team better. He is no worse than Elvis, Moreland, Gentry, Berkman, Profar, and others on this team. Replacing him will not make the others any better. What we need is better approaches from all of our hitters and that is not going to happen as long as Washington continues his keep on grinding approach. It is really a lack of leadership that is killing this team and it started mid season last year and has been allowed to carry over. They need to have a hitters only meeting, explain what is expected of them and then sit anyone who doesn't try to follow through. This is not a home run hitting team and needs to learn that real quick. It needs to become a line drive, hit the other way and move runners offense. Easier said than done, but continuing to allow single hitters to throw away at bats trying to hit home runs is not getting it done. Yes it would be nice to have another good hitter on this team, but if they are going to win, the guys here now are going to have to get it done.If things don't change, fire Washington, get their attention, and watch things change. Status quo is leading no where.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as he has hit, getting rid of Murphy is not going to make this team better. He is no worse than Elvis, Moreland, Gentry, Berkman, Profar, and others on this team. Replacing him will not make the others any better. What we need is better approaches from all of our hitters and that is not going to happen as long as Washington continues his keep on grinding approach. It is really a lack of leadership that is killing this team and it started mid season last year and has been allowed to carry over. They need to have a hitters only meeting, explain what is expected of them and then sit anyone who doesn't try to follow through. This is not a home run hitting team and needs to learn that real quick. It needs to become a line drive, hit the other way and move runners offense. Easier said than done, but continuing to allow single hitters to throw away at bats trying to hit home runs is not getting it done. Yes it would be nice to have another good hitter on this team, but if they are going to win, the guys here now are going to have to get it done.If things don't change, fire Washington, get their attention, and watch things change. Status quo is leading no where.

That's not true at all. Yes Elvis has been bad at the plate but he's still hitting .25 higher than Murphy and is an elite defender. He's also getting on base at a .309 clip compared to Murphy's .280.

Gentry isn't in the lineup 5 days a week. Not an apples to apples comparison.

Moreland is also out hitting Murphy by .25 and is getting on base at a .305 clip.

None of those stats are setting the world on fire, but they are noticeably better than Murphy. All three provide good defensive value as well. Murphy does not.

As for firing wash. Yes please!

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he is here wash will not sit him, no matter who you bring in here.

I disagree. If there is a better option and we get someone via a trade etc then Murphy will play less. Right now there just aren't a ton of better options out there although I would love to see Engel Beltre get some serious PT.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. If there is a better option and we get someone via a trade etc then Murphy will play less. Right now there just aren't a ton of better options out there although I would love to see Engel Beltre get some serious PT.

Beltre is exhibit a. He deserves a chance, but wash won't give it to him because it means sitting Murphy.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murphy has had a terrible year this year, but I think he's coming on. He's always been a second half guy. He's batting .318 since the break. He has a career BABIP of .305 whereas this year he's at .227, so he's just not finding the holes. He's walking less than his career average, but he's striking out less as well. I have a feeling he will be a steady contributor for the rest of the year. All players have down years, and he's been a solid contributor for us for 5 years. I think the hate towards him is pretty unjustified.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murphy has had a terrible year this year, but I think he's coming on. He's always been a second half guy. He's batting .318 since the break. He has a career BABIP of .305 whereas this year he's at .227, so he's just not finding the holes. He's walking less than his career average, but he's striking out less as well. I have a feeling he will be a steady contributor for the rest of the year. All players have down years, and he's been a solid contributor for us for 5 years. I think the hate towards him is pretty unjustified.

All that tells me is his approach is awful as he tries to pull everything and rolls over to second base. Just like a left handed Michael young.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that tells me is his approach is awful as he tries to pull everything and rolls over to second base. Just like a left handed Michael young.

So you hate him and want to move him after having a bad 2/3rds of a season, even though he's well known as a great second half guy and has been a consistent batter for us for 5 years? I just don't get the hate.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he is here wash will not sit him, no matter who you bring in here.
If you have :Martin LF Gentry CF Cruz RF and E.BELTRE and Baker on the bench, your statement appears solid and accurate. Agree and see no reason why Wash can't sit him other than being stubborn.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you hate him and want to move him after having a bad 2/3rds of a season, even though he's well known as a great second half guy and has been a consistent batter for us for 5 years? I just don't get the hate.

Apologists always love the term "hate". Its attempt at using a strong emotional word when they can't defend their stance with facts and logic. I don't hate him. However, he is killing this team. He has never been a starter and he still isn't.

People said the same stuff about young last year and we ride his poor play right to second place. He didn't get back to his old self and he still hasn't this year.

Murphy is the weakest link and if you can improve on your weakest link you should. I'm not going to pass on that in hopes that the second half magically makes Murphy turn it around.