• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Showed up but can’t read it all. Great intro, I liked where that was heading.
You have to clixk on the full screen icon (with the 4 arrows).

The ending is where it gets more fantasy relevant.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Milk will be on board tho. :noidea:

meh.... there is a clear difference between real life and fantasy... he doesnt need to be a a fantasy star for the upgrade to pay dividends...

i dont think anyone is expecting peak rodgers... as he is an old man now... his fantasy value right now is entirely hype... the hype of new environment, and the jets for some reason are seen to be a good team... they have not earned that honour yet...

Rodgers is not even the most important piece to the jets success in offense... that goes to breece hall... if he is not full strength in the beginning of the season, the jets are in trouble... they have a week 7 bye and they play the Eagles, cowboys, Bills, Patriots(who still own them-until they dont), Chiefs and broncos...

that is absolutely brutal even if the jets are a legit team... and with this whole 65% BS, it may not even pay off to use him all season...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WIth all the Fantrax article ads I've seen, i was just wondering if my admin permissions were still valid. They aren't.
Had a rough draft of the Rodger article written after hearing Mike Greenberg (Greeny) drolling over the Rodgers signing. So decided to do a test drive on the Fantrax editor (which is still the same as before), and flesh out the rest of my Rodgers' rant.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WIth all the Fantrax article ads I've seen, i was just wondering if my admin permissions were still valid. They aren't.
Had a rough draft of the Rodger article written after hearing Mike Greenberg (Greeny) drolling over the Rodgers signing. So decided to do a test drive on the Fantrax editor (which is still the same as before), and flesh out the rest of my Rodgers' rant.
Greeny is a Jets freak.. I'm surprised he's even able to speak about it without needing a pee break every 30 seconds

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only critique I have is for you to use points per game to compare their scoring vs overall

Rodgers goes from QB13 overall to QB23 in pts/gm when looking at all QBs with over 100 att last year.

That one sentence summarizes 2 of your paragraphs.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the thing about Rodgers... he was not a top 10 ADP QB last season... if he was, then he just barely was... and he did not end the season as a top 10.. he is a year older, and he is on a new team...

if you ignore all the noise, then there is no reason to think he would be a top 10 QB... but again, there is the NEW TEAM hype, the NEW YORK hype... and the weird assumption that the Jets are going to be a better team than the packers were last season...

so.. there is no real hot take about him... unless you are one of the weirdos that think he will be peak Rodgers...

Rodgers is a perfect example of real life hype getting confused as fantasy hype... we are going to see in most leagues him being a top 10 QB taken... and it really makes no sense... but he will... probably even top 8... but it really is all noise right now...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only critique I have is for you to use points per game to compare their scoring vs overall

Rodgers goes from QB13 overall to QB23 in pts/gm when looking at all QBs with over 100 att last year.

That one sentence summarizes 2 of your paragraphs.
That one sentence does cut to the chase.
100 pass attempts might only equate to 4 or 5 games.

I was attempting to drive the point home.
Some may see Rodgers as a better option than Tua, RW, Carr, Prescott and Murray.
And maybe he is?
But seeing those names - and I am sure that fantasy owners have been burned by these names - and knowing those 5 were on pace for a better season than Rodgers may make more of a statement than a quick summarization that Rodgers ranked 23rd in ppg with over 100 att last year.
JMHO

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was attempting to drive the point home.
Some may see Rodgers as a better option than Tua, RW, Carr, Prescott and Murray.
And maybe he is?
But seeing those names - and I am sure that fantasy owners have been burned by these names - and knowing those 5 were on pace for a better season than Rodgers may make more of a statement than a quick summarization that Rodgers ranked 23rd in ppg with over 100 att last year.
JMHO

The biggest problem I see when it comes to his fantasy value is that peak Rodgers would run the ball. Would average 30+ yards per game. Pretty good safety net for his floor.

Even if the jets get a rejuvenated Rodgers, they are not gonna get the running yards. Which takes away that safe floor.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

used 100 att as a way to eliminate the guys that only started a couple games as injury replacements from the data set.
no one cares about Davis Webb's fantasy ppg when reviewing a list of last year's QBs points.

I wasn't on the Rodgers fantasy hype train to begin with, but I do think his impact will be greater on the real-football field vs our imaginary gridiron. Maybe the mushrooms are better in East Rutherford.

good article/addition to the league page, hope you plan to keep these rolling or take on the role of League Editor and work with others on some more in the future.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good article/addition to the league page, hope you plan to keep these rolling or take on the role of League Editor and work with others on some more in the future.
I appreciate that. Thanks.
Not sure about more articles? Just dont think i have that creative spark anymore? Plus if the only audience is D2 (and not the entire Fantrax community), well, you guys already know where i lean, so i'd rather just post my views here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anybody wants depth at TE

Hunter Henry is available for a pick

Don’t want a player back

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, i am looking to make a trade... sent a bunch of offers in the past few weeks... but i guess those were not good enough...

if anyone has better ideas on a trade hit me...

really the only players i am not looking to trade are

1. swift
2. Olave
3. Howell- not because i like him, but because i need a QB, and i doubt anyone wants to give me what i would need to get rid of him for
4. B. Young- same as howell

- Pitts and laporta are both available, but only if i get an upgrade at TE, which i am not really looking to do....

the rest, are very available...