• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I dunno that he'd go into baseball..its just painfully obvious that he is not going to be a successful NFL starting QB, unless he has a serious come to Jesus moment, and that baseball is a very realistic option for him to turn to..that's all. dude could retire and join competitive video gaming for all I know, or care.

Dude.

The man fairly recently signing a $230 million contract with $160 guaranteed.

He would have to be clinically insane to walk away from that to start in A baseball.

He will be 30 in 2027 the first time there is a realistic time for the Cardinals and Murray to part ways.

He is no Mahomes. Yes his work ethic needs improvement if he is going to be a consistent winner. But he is a franchise QB getting paid like a franchise QB.

He can finish his contract and make $10 million a year holding a clipboard after that.

And if he isn’t a hard worker, he was never going to make it to the top of the sport where he would have commanded the type of money he is getting now from the Cardinals.

You were very wrong when you said he would have been better off playing baseball after he was drafted. And I can’t believe you are doubling down on that now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray had a bad year in 2022 and the Cardinals seem like they are rebuilding.

But Kliff Kingsbury was an awful coach. And that matters.

Murray made the pro bowl twice despite him.

So let’s see how Kyler comes out the other side of this before labeling him a failure.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

The man fairly recently signing a $230 million contract with $160 guaranteed.

He would have to be clinically insane to walk away from that to start in A baseball.

He will be 30 in 2027 the first time there is a realistic time for the Cardinals and Murray to part ways.

He is no Mahomes. Yes his work ethic needs improvement if he is going to be a consistent winner. But he is a franchise QB getting paid like a franchise QB.

He can finish his contract and make $10 million a year holding a clipboard after that.

And if he isn’t a hard worker, he was never going to make it to the top of the sport where he would have commanded the type of money he is getting now from the Cardinals.

You were very wrong when you said he would have been better off playing baseball after he was drafted. And I can’t believe you are doubling down on that now.
Who said anything about walking away??
I don't think the decision to be a starting NFL QB will be his for much longer.

And I'm only doubling down because it's his best option, once he's given up on by ARZ, cuz no one else is gonna give him a starting job when they cut him loose. Dude can panhandle on the street corner for all I care, he's not an NFL QB, baseball or not

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Murray had a bad year in 2022 and the Cardinals seem like they are rebuilding.

But Kliff Kingsbury was an awful coach. And that matters.

Murray made the pro bowl twice despite him.

So let’s see how Kyler comes out the other side of this before labeling him a failure.
Pro bowls..pfft..popularity contest. Call me when he makes All Pro

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 2024, that aforementioned 2 years, Cards can designate Kyler a post June 1 cut, taking on a total of about 33 mil in dead money, spread over 3 years (13-13-7)..10 mil less than the Falcons took to cut Ryan, about the same that the Eagles took on to cut Wentz..and they'll save almost 160 million over 4 years to give to the next guy.

If he's no better than he's shown to be thus far, by that time...why wouldn't they cut him? Of course he can improve and change that reality, but from what I've seen, that's not a bet I would make

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about walking away??
I don't think the decision to be a starting NFL QB will be his for much longer.

And I'm only doubling down because it's his best option, once he's given up on by ARZ, cuz no one else is gonna give him a starting job when they cut him loose. Dude can panhandle on the street corner for all I care, he's not an NFL QB, baseball or not

He has had 1 bad season.

And his entire career has been playing for an overmatched coach.

If Arizona gives up on him, it will be in 4 years like I stated. And at 30 years old, starting a baseball career isn’t realistic.

You know what would be though?

Holding a clipboard.

I’m not giving up on him as a starter. But even if he fails, he will have options in the NFL.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 2024, that aforementioned 2 years, Cards can designate Kyler a post June 1 cut, taking on a total of about 33 mil in dead money, spread over 3 years (13-13-7)..10 mil less than the Falcons took to cut Ryan, about the same that the Eagles took on to cut Wentz..and they'll save almost 160 million over 4 years to give to the next guy.

If he's no better than he's shown to be thus far, by that time...why wouldn't they cut him? Of course he can improve and change that reality, but from what I've seen, that's not a bet I would make

You are drastically exaggerating how “bad he has been”.

1 bad year. 2 pretty good seasons before that.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had 1 bad season.

And his entire career has been playing for an overmatched coach.

If Arizona gives up on him, it will be in 4 years like I stated. And at 30 years old, starting a baseball career isn’t realistic.

You know what would be though?

Holding a clipboard.

I’m not giving up on him as a starter. But even if he fails, he will have options in the NFL.

You are drastically exaggerating how “bad he has been”.

1 bad year. 2 pretty good seasons before that.
Again, don't over fixate on the baseball stuff..that's hyperbole on my end, only because it's still an option that he has (and lets be fair, he most certainly does, he's a damned fine ballplayer- drafted #1 overall? He absolutely can still succeed should he want to do so)..and, again--he can retire and smoke stogies on the beach..whatever..he's not going to be a starting NFL QB much longer.
As to him holding a clipboard? why? what team would want a backup who doesn't prep, who would be a constant distraction to the starter-even if only as there being a constant buzz about when the coach might put Kyler in if the starter isn't perfect ..what team is doing that? Especially for a guy who you'd have to revamp the entire game plan for, unless you happen to be the Eagles or Ravens

No way ARZ hangs onto him for another 4 years if he doesn't DRASTICALLY improve. Like was spelled out above, there's a very reasonable option of cutting bait in 2 years..where he'd only be 27, not 30. No NFL team is going to keep throwing away 40Mill+ a year, for an additional 2-3 if they don't have to do so.

drastically exaggerating? Mehhh..I don't think so..he was fairly impressive as a rookie, improved as a sophomore, good, not great..and has went downhill ever since, and can't stay on the field..what exactly is there to like about that?? To call what he's done as decent is pretty questionable to me, an awfully low bar for the term 'decent'. But, okay sure, why not give you that it's 'decent'. That, in turn, that begs the question, why would an NFL team continue to pay 40-50 million dollars a year for "decent"? The Raiders had decent got rid of it, The Redskins had decent got rid of it, The Vikings currently have that same exact decent guy and seem to be constantly tied to rumors of trying getting rid of it. The Eagles had decent, ate 33 million to get rid of it, showed up in the Super Bowl two year later. Decent doesn't get the job done.

25-31 record, hasn't cracked 4k, hasn't cracked 30 TD's, always at or on pace for double digit INT's, laid an egg in his only playoff game-- doesn't scream 'decent" it suggests sub-mediocre. and now, injuries are piling up, and it's a %100 toss up as to what he is after a torn ACL- maybe he comes back doesn't miss a beat, in which case he's still an underachiever - decent at best, but maybe he looses a step, in which case, he's really screwed because his legs are almost all he has as an advantage.

When the team that drafted you #1 overall, after cutting their guy they drafted in the top 10 just one year prior, won't give you a new contract without language specifying that you have to not play XBOX and set specific standards for time in the film room without other electronic distractions, that's a MASSIVE red flag that goes straight to the heart of the issue. Dedication, heart, leadership. Doesn't matter that the PR backlash they received got them to scrub the language, it's obvious they felt they needed it, and they'd only feel they needed it if the guy has shown that he doesn't do those things. And QB's who don't do those things, simply don't last in this league, they cant.

Sorry, but no amount of pro bowls or possibly obscure metrics, or fuzzy warm hopeful thoughts about what he might be able to do, can change that current reality- only results on the field.

I'm not trying to be blowhard, or start some crazy argument..honestly I'm only responding because I'd rather do this than the custom built home estimate that I probably should be working on right now..this is a welcome distraction and helps clear my mind, so I hope this is taken as just back and forth football chit chat. That's all I ever want to do. I base my opinions on what I see on the field, and what I hear from the beat guys, but if someone can point out something I'm missing, I'm open minded.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, don't over fixate on the baseball stuff..that's hyperbole on my end, only because it's still an option that he has (and lets be fair, he most certainly does, he's a damned fine ballplayer- drafted #1 overall? He absolutely can still succeed should he want to do so)..and, again--he can retire and smoke stogies on the beach..whatever..he's not going to be a starting NFL QB much longer.
As to him holding a clipboard? why? what team would want a backup who doesn't prep, who would be a constant distraction to the starter-even if only as there being a constant buzz about when the coach might put Kyler in if the starter isn't perfect ..what team is doing that? Especially for a guy who you'd have to revamp the entire game plan for, unless you happen to be the Eagles or Ravens

No way ARZ hangs onto him for another 4 years if he doesn't DRASTICALLY improve. Like was spelled out above, there's a very reasonable option of cutting bait in 2 years..where he'd only be 27, not 30. No NFL team is going to keep throwing away 40Mill+ a year, for an additional 2-3 if they don't have to do so.

drastically exaggerating? Mehhh..I don't think so..he was fairly impressive as a rookie, improved as a sophomore, good, not great..and has went downhill ever since, and can't stay on the field..what exactly is there to like about that?? To call what he's done as decent is pretty questionable to me, an awfully low bar for the term 'decent'. But, okay sure, why not give you that it's 'decent'. That, in turn, that begs the question, why would an NFL team continue to pay 40-50 million dollars a year for "decent"? The Raiders had decent got rid of it, The Redskins had decent got rid of it, The Vikings currently have that same exact decent guy and seem to be constantly tied to rumors of trying getting rid of it. The Eagles had decent, ate 33 million to get rid of it, showed up in the Super Bowl two year later. Decent doesn't get the job done.

25-31 record, hasn't cracked 4k, hasn't cracked 30 TD's, always at or on pace for double digit INT's, laid an egg in his only playoff game-- doesn't scream 'decent" it suggests sub-mediocre. and now, injuries are piling up, and it's a %100 toss up as to what he is after a torn ACL- maybe he comes back doesn't miss a beat, in which case he's still an underachiever - decent at best, but maybe he looses a step, in which case, he's really screwed because his legs are almost all he has as an advantage.

When the team that drafted you #1 overall, after cutting their guy they drafted in the top 10 just one year prior, won't give you a new contract without language specifying that you have to not play XBOX and set specific standards for time in the film room without other electronic distractions, that's a MASSIVE red flag that goes straight to the heart of the issue. Dedication, heart, leadership. Doesn't matter that the PR backlash they received got them to scrub the language, it's obvious they felt they needed it, and they'd only feel they needed it if the guy has shown that he doesn't do those things. And QB's who don't do those things, simply don't last in this league, they cant.

Sorry, but no amount of pro bowls or possibly obscure metrics, or fuzzy warm hopeful thoughts about what he might be able to do, can change that current reality- only results on the field.

I'm not trying to be blowhard, or start some crazy argument..honestly I'm only responding because I'd rather do this than the custom built home estimate that I probably should be working on right now..this is a welcome distraction and helps clear my mind, so I hope this is taken as just back and forth football chit chat. That's all I ever want to do. I base my opinions on what I see on the field, and what I hear from the beat guys, but if someone can point out something I'm missing, I'm open minded.

I am not advocating for Kyler’s work ethic. Clearly needs to improve.

But your facts are off. He was drafted 1 in football, 9 in baseball.

And while that is high, he hasn’t played since 2018.

And I believe when we had this discussion last time, I said baseball could be the fallback if he failed in the NFL and you got mad at me for even suggesting it.

My point at that time was that all he had to do was get through his rookie deal and earn that next contract and his NFL choice would prove correct.

He has done that. Made all the money he needs for a lifetime and then some.

In baseball, there are plenty of top 10 picks who never make the show. It is far from a lock. And after what would be at least 7 years away from baseball, it is crazy to think that a possibility still.

After 3-4 years?

Maybe.

But at age 28-30?

The odds of switching to baseball, making the majors and producing enough to prove worthy of a big paycheck are incredibly low.

Especially once you factor in that he isn’t known as a hard worker.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not advocating for Kyler’s work ethic. Clearly needs to improve.

But your facts are off. He was drafted 1 in football, 9 in baseball.

And while that is high, he hasn’t played since 2018.

And I believe when we had this discussion last time, I said baseball could be the fallback if he failed in the NFL and you got mad at me for even suggesting it.

My point at that time was that all he had to do was get through his rookie deal and earn that next contract and his NFL choice would prove correct.

He has done that. Made all the money he needs for a lifetime and then some.

In baseball, there are plenty of top 10 picks who never make the show. It is far from a lock. And after what would be at least 7 years away from baseball, it is crazy to think that a possibility still.

After 3-4 years?

Maybe.

But at age 28-30?

The odds of switching to baseball, making the majors and producing enough to prove worthy of a big paycheck are incredibly low.

Especially once you factor in that he isn’t known as a hard worker.
I got mad at you? I thought my overall point back then was that he had the physical tools to be a QB, but that if it got hard, he might bolt back to play baseball...and that you thought I was crazy for thinking he might....perhaps we had crossed wires at the time??

And yes, I was wrong/confused, 9th in MLB, #1 in NFL.

But come on, :) an Outfielder?? It isnt like hes a pitcher, or catcher, or even a SS. You hit BP real hard for one offseason with a decent hitting coach, your right back there, it ain't like he's 30 something, or has to re-learn how to throw pitches. He tracks fly balls, catches, hits, runs..it could be done.

To be transparent- I consider that whole clause in the contract debacle to be near total validation of my original fears, it just took 2 years longer than I had guessed, and now just awaiting that final shoe to drop :)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got mad at you? I thought my overall point back then was that he had the physical tools to be a QB, but that if it got hard, he might bolt back to play baseball...and that you thought I was crazy for thinking he might....perhaps we had crossed wires at the time??

And yes, I was wrong/confused, 9th in MLB, #1 in NFL.

But come on, :) an Outfielder?? It isnt like hes a pitcher, or catcher, or even a SS. You hit BP real hard for one offseason with a decent hitting coach, your right back there, it ain't like he's 30 something, or has to re-learn how to throw pitches. He tracks fly balls, catches, hits, runs..it could be done.

To be transparent- I consider that whole clause in the contract debacle to be near total validation of my original fears, it just took 2 years longer than I had guessed, and now just awaiting that final shoe to drop :)

Maybe it was somebody else and I am confused?

But I definitely said he could try baseball if football didn’t work.

The person I was debating with (still think it was you) had a background playing baseball and said it was way too hard to just pick it back up like that. That it was extremely hard to make it to the show and that Kyler was making a mistake picking football.

Again, maybe I am confused about who I was talking with

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it was somebody else and I am confused?

But I definitely said he could try baseball if football didn’t work.

The person I was debating with (still think it was you) had a background playing baseball and said it was way too hard to just pick it back up like that. That it was extremely hard to make it to the show and that Kyler was making a mistake picking football.

Again, maybe I am confused about who I was talking with
Oh it was me n u... weird