• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate your view and can see your point. However, in a 16-team league, where at least 2-3 spots are reserved for K & DST, that leaves 17 spots for 8 starters and the bench.
My point is how i value my team and the positions reserved on my team is different from you. (And probably the other 14 owners.)
I'm still trying to figure out how i'm gonna use my 5 or 6 picks left? Acquiring picks or players this year does not help MY team. Rant if you must but i have to do what is best for my team.
Stay milky.

Honestly. I hope I am wrong. I know we all value things differently. So maybe I am making a bigger deal out of this one. Maybe it is a small fry.

Maybe it was just the timing that got me so “fantasy” irate.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hate this part of milkspiller. But I must.

Terrible fantasy trades are my biggest fantasy pet peeve. And I am sure I am annoying when I call out people or question them. And really I mean no disrespect. Most of it is that I just need to say what I am thinking. Otherwise I have no place to let it go. Isn’t that what these message boards are for anyway?

But here it goes anyway. Lol.

I agree with you that he had little value for you. But you see how many of us are going crazy drafting qbs in the second round.

Trading a starting qb for a 4th rounder in this league is just terrible no matter who the qb is and no matter if you plan on dropping him or not. With 16 owners the rookie pool dries up so fast that the 4 rounder is a drop anyway. Most likely. So you trades a drop for a drop.

But you didn’t shop baker around at all. I can guarantee someone would have given you a third rounder at the very least. And that’s the real problem. It’s one thing to make a bad trade. But it’s another to not realize that others would give you more.

Thanks for listening.

Now all in harmony. Milk you don’t make any trades and you like to criticize others. Screw you and the milk you spilled!!!

It’s almost like owners hitch-hiking for QBs should reach out to owners who have QBs in the car and not enough seatbelts.

:noidea:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hate this part of milkspiller. But I must.

Terrible fantasy trades are my biggest fantasy pet peeve. And I am sure I am annoying when I call out people or question them. And really I mean no disrespect. Most of it is that I just need to say what I am thinking. Otherwise I have no place to let it go. Isn’t that what these message boards are for anyway?

But here it goes anyway. Lol.

I agree with you that he had little value for you. But you see how many of us are going crazy drafting qbs in the second round.

Trading a starting qb for a 4th rounder in this league is just terrible no matter who the qb is and no matter if you plan on dropping him or not. With 16 owners the rookie pool dries up so fast that the 4 rounder is a drop anyway. Most likely. So you trades a drop for a drop.

But you didn’t shop baker around at all. I can guarantee someone would have given you a third rounder at the very least. And that’s the real problem. It’s one thing to make a bad trade. But it’s another to not realize that others would give you more.

Thanks for listening.

Now all in harmony. Milk you don’t make any trades and you like to criticize others. Screw you and the milk you spilled!!!

Yeah, man, you are wrong here.

Baker Mayfield is not a starter.

He is a placeholder.

Most in this league would not be willing to trade anything of value for a bottom tier starter. The deal was just fine.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big trade to announce:

I send Cam Akers and Calvin Ridley to Trudem

For Travis Kelce and a 2024 2nd rounder
I'm trying to be a dick but I thought I gave him a better offer. Ridley hasn't played in over 2 years and Akers luckily loses his starting gig and/or gets injured. Nice value, we will see how it works out. Only time will tell

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same, but only because I hold no value to Cam Akers, and i know that's not entirely true :)
If Akers bounces back then it make a difference, but his team is in a rebuild so going to be tough.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to be a dick but I thought I gave him a better offer. Ridley hasn't played in over 2 years and Akers luckily loses his starting gig and/or gets injured. Nice value

funny thing, i dont have a problem with this trade... after blowing up on the last one... I am ok with owners being wrong about players... even though i think this trade is awful... i can at least see the WHY...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny thing, i dont have a problem with this trade... after blowing up on the last one... I am ok with owners being wrong about players... even though i think this trade is awful... i can at least see the WHY...
Players do hold value over picks. I get that.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Akers bounces back then it make a difference, but his team is in a rebuild so going to be tough.

but isnt that worse?? if you are a rebuild why get rid of a draft pick?? this does not seem like a rebuild trade to me...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but isnt that worse?? if you are a rebuild why get rid of a draft pick?? this does not seem like a rebuild trade to me...
Talking about the Rams being in a rebuild, not Trudem although he is also. Akers and Ridley are young yet so I see his logic.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to be a dick but I thought I gave him a better offer. Ridley hasn't played in over 2 years and Akers luckily loses his starting gig and/or gets injured. Nice value, we will see how it works out. Only time will tell
Your value wasn’t bad but in a 16 team league second round picks are lottery tickets. I love Ridley’s upside and think they lean on Akers this year. Your deal also doesn’t help me at all this year. I don’t think I will need help finishing low this year lol

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I'll always go with the 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' position when it comes to evaluating the motivations of the trades, and that stuff..so to each their own and if it works for your and your plans, I'm on board with it, so long as it isn't so drastically lopsided that it affects the integrity of the league.
Doesn't mean I don't hold my own opinions on which side I'd like to be on :)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone has an opinion here, but this one was tough for me on the heels of dealing Breece Hall (basically) for Dalvin Cook just last year.

Kelce is great, but he is 33.

If Akers keeps the job for 3 years and Ridley is half what he used to be, Trudem wins this trade.

Needless to say, my next move is to deal Higbee for WR depth.

So hit me up if that trade would fill a need for you.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone has an opinion here, but this one was tough for me on the heels of dealing Breece Hall (basically) for Dalvin Cook just last year.

Kelce is great, but he is 33.

If Akers keeps the job for 3 years and Ridley is half what he used to be, Trudem wins this trade.

Needless to say, my next move is to deal Higbee for WR depth.

So hit me up if that trade would fill a need for you.
I may be your huckleberry lol

Although I’m chilly on higbee. I already have a plethora of underwhelming TEs on my roster

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
felt like the Kelce trade market was awfully chilly when I had him!
given that TE is easily the area of the greatest depth in this draft, I'm kinda surprised that this was the year to trade him..I specifically shied away from any big TE acquisitions, and even sold of all my Waller shares, specifically because I knew TE's were a big deal in this class. But, I get it, you don't 'win now' with a rookie TE..not often