• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current, former players shocked Lamar is not getting more interest

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eye of the beholder. His knee is less than 100% and his earning potential for the rest of his life is on the line. I bet if the Ravens committed to him with a contract he likely plays hurt in a playoff game. Why risk everything for people who haven’t committed to you?
I think you just explained the situation perfectly.....for both sides.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s very different from true FA. There is two of the three components I listed but the 2 first round picks on top of it changes that dynamic. Like most things NFL when it comes to players/owners this is extremely slanted in the direction of the owners. They make the rules. Fair doesn’t apply.
I think it's fair because, yes, the team does have to pony up 2 1st rounders - but as for the player - you get to have another team bring you a contract. So, you are not limited in just trying to hammer a contract out with 1 team/person/GM. You get a lot of freedom.

As for the picks - if the QB is worth the money you are about to pay them, then they are absolutely worth 2 1st round picks. If you feel that QB is a top 5 QB...you send the picks and you don't even bat an eye.

Would you give up 2 first for Hurts? Burrow? Mahomes? Pick any other top 5-10 QB....

So, I don't fully disagree it's not 100% EVEN for both sides, but I think it is fair for both sides. The risk for the team getting the picks is that you won't land a similar replacement value. Considering there are 32 teams, and only probably 8 guys would be worth 2 1st rounders...there is a high bit of risk involved in taking the picks over a current commodity.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar is injury prone and not available for just money. You have to lose draft picks.

Could make sense to a team like the Niners with late picks, but no way for the teams with early picks.

Most of these former players making noise are retarded about a part of the business they have never actually experienced.

Ozzie is a former player too.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar is injury prone and not available for just money. You have to lose draft picks.

Could make sense to a team like the Niners with late picks, but no way for the teams with early picks.

Most of these former players making noise are retarded about a part of the business they have never actually experienced.

Ozzie is a former player too.
Ozzie? Are you talking about the former Ravens GM? Maybe when calling out people for what they don’t know you should update your Rolodex first of who is actually a current GM in the league. DeCosta has been their GM since 2018. One of Ozzie’s last decisions was trading up for Jackson.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozzie? Are you talking about the former Ravens GM? Maybe when calling out people for what they don’t know you should update your Rolodex first of who is actually a current GM in the league. DeCosta has been their GM since 2018. One of Ozzie’s last decisions was trading up for Jackson.
He's Executive Vice President you dumb mother fucker.

Always running your dumb mouth when you don't know shit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's Executive Vice President you dumb mother fucker.

Always running your dumb mouth when you don't know shit.
He is retired. He puts in about 20 hours a week. You don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the players haven’t considered:
1. The new team is going to be paying a huge contract and cap number.
2. They’re giving up 2 first round picks for the right to do that.
3. In the end, they may just be doing the work for the Ravens in negotiating a contract for Jackson back to the Ravens.

It’s not as simple as saying I like this guy so I’ll sign him. As per usual, the system is created to fuck over the player and that’s exactly what has happened.
Also not mentioning that Daniel Jones had the Giants over a barrell. Even though the cap can be dealt with there are limits and the Giants would have had no room to operate if they franchised him. The way the contract is set up the cap hit is only 19 mil the first year so now they can also sign Barkley to the franchise tag. As much as I like Lamar would he have been willing to sign a 4 year deal where the 4th year is basicallly a pipe dream?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the funniest part in this is the Commanders... We're just a year removed from them throwing 3 1st Rd picks at Russell Wilson.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deshaun Watson also missed two seasons, one due to a knee injury, another due to being a pervert. I agree that Cleveland is an outlier and stupid franchise, but if you want to compare the two, Lamar is just as deserving of a big contract, risk-wise, as Watson.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deshaun Watson also missed two seasons, one due to a knee injury, another due to being a pervert. I agree that Cleveland is an outlier and stupid franchise, but if you want to compare the two, Lamar is just as deserving of a big contract, risk-wise, as Watson.
post less, read more, we all win.

I have yet to see a QB other than Mahomes who DESERVED a big contract, but you think it's all Reid. :boink:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is retired. He puts in about 20 hours a week. You don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about.
How many did he put in last week? You are flailing now. Making up more shit you don't know.