• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lamar Jackson

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting things are not happening.

Teams are not talking to Lamar Jackson. Why?

Is it because he said he wanted a 4 year $200M guaranteed contract?
Is it because the Raven placed the non-Exclusive Franchise Tag on him.
Is it because he doesn't have an agent and a team would have to deal with him directly.

Lamar may have been talking to teams and is keeping his mouth shut.

The Ravens might know who he's talkin with and just might be working out something.

Now comes the questions regarding the NE Patriots.

Would Bill Belichick be interested in bringing Lamar to New England.
What would the cost be? Mac and the #14?
Is Bill not spending free agent money and lining up a $40M+ contract?
Trading Trent Brown would give the Patriots an immediate $12M of cap space. Trading Mac would add $4.5M more.
Extend several contracts and convert 2023 salaries to Bonus and BB would have $50-$60M in cap space.
Lamar loves his TE Andrews and would have two pass catching TEs with the Patriots.

There is one big problem that no one discusses. The Ravns have played 13 games in December and January in the past three years. Lamar has played in only 2 of them.

Would having Lamar Jackson as the Patriots QB be worth the risk and cost. More important. Would Lamar make the Patriots Super Bowl Contenders?

FACT: ESPN and NBC Sports are saying that the Patriots are a solid "Dark Horse" spot for Lamar to land.

Thoughts? Discussion? Insults?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it because he doesn't have an agent and a team would have to deal with him directly.

The Ravens might know who he's talkin with and just might be working out something.

Trading Trent Brown would give the Patriots an immediate $12M of cap space. Trading Mac would add $4.5M more.
Extend several contracts and convert 2023 salaries to Bonus and BB would have $50-$60M in cap space.
Lamar loves his TE Andrews and would have two pass catching TEs with the Patriots.

There is one big problem that no one discusses. The Ravns have played 13 games in December and January in the past three years. Lamar has played in only 2 of them.

Would having Lamar Jackson as the Patriots QB be worth the risk and cost. More important. Would Lamar make the Patriots Super Bowl Contenders?

FACT: ESPN and NBC Sports are saying that the Patriots are a solid "Dark Horse" spot for Lamar to land.

I wouldn't give up the farm for him. Him being injury prone scares me, especially with this style of play.

I'd love to have a QB that can run. But, I also like pocket passers. Mac at least has more mobility than Brady.

Tough call. But, if I was forced to make it right now, the way you laid it out... I'm going to pass and see what BoB and this new offense can do. I'll give them one more year.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give up the farm for him. Him being injury prone scares me, especially with this style of play.

I'd love to have a QB that can run. But, I also like pocket passers. Mac at least has more mobility than Brady.

Tough call. But, if I was forced to make it right now, the way you laid it out... I'm going to pass and see what BoB and this new offense can do. I'll give them one more year.
Agreeed.

1. He eats to much cap space.

2. Mobile QBs tend to miss games and take more hits.

3. I like his legs more than I do his arm.

4. I too prefer pocket passers.

5. Not sure we need to consider a starting QB at this point.

On the non Pats side. This is a pretty big deal but we all know there is no loyalty in the NFL by either side.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Lamar is a serious serious threat to win any and every game he is in.
2) Injuries stack up and usually get more common and more sever as they add up.
3) His playing style leaves him open to more injuries.

To me, 2 & 3 negate 1.

Pass.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Lamar is a serious serious threat to win any and every game he is in.
2) Injuries stack up and usually get more common and more sever as they add up.
3) His playing style leaves him open to more injuries.

To me, 2 & 3 negate 1.

Pass.
Point well made.

My biggest concern is that he doesn't seem to stay healthy for the final six or seven games at the end of the year when a QB is most needed to lead a team. That has to be a reason that the Ravens haven't been playoff bound. A QB who can't play in Dec. and Jan. can't be worth $40M a year. He's worth what 67%? or $26.8M?? He wants $50M but is only worth $33.5M??

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny. A year ago I bet my buddy who’s a Steelers fan that Lamar would be a Patriot in 2023. Now I’m desperately hoping I owe my buddy the 6 pack we bet. Lamar can be damn near mythical at times but I see nothing but some great games negated by injuries the rest of the way for him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lamar's big problem is no agent.
NFL is a "good ole boy" club and GM's don't like to negotiate with players.

I'd pass on Lamar as he is a very expensive accident waiting to happen.

Insults? Maybe later?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure Belichick would let the rumors flow just to fuck with the rest of the league and reporters.....
The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that BB is looking forward to next year.

1. Mac Jones will have a real OC and an offense designed to work for him.
2. Mac will have an opportunity to prove that BB should or should not pick up his $36M fifth year option.
3. Based on #2, BB can decide whether or not to go All-In for a FA QB in 2024 or keep Mac.
4. BB knows that he will have "at least" $162M, probably closer to $170M in 2024 to spend in free agency.

So I have to think that BB doesn't want to commit $200M to a guy who hasn't played many games in December or January on much better team over the past three seasons.

Good money not spent? More, who would have to be cut to open up $40M at a minimum this year???

Smart move Bill.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3