• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Raheem Morris be the next to leave?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just a question based on team history, that came to me as I read that the team is in search of a new DC.

Does anyone remember Gregg Williams reason for departing? Well, as a refresher he thought that he was in line to become the HC here and when that didn't happen, well you know the rest.

Raheem Morris has been a head coach in this league, and likely love to reposition himself to be in line for another go round. However, what happens if as has been reported, he is not the selection to become the replacement for Jim Haslett here in DC? So my thread question stands, could he under those circumstances opt out in Washington?

**SN: This is not intended to be an venue for negativisms.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK... not being negative. But I really dont see this as a bad thing. Our most feeble unite on defense was the secondary which Morris was directly responsible for. I would have been fine with them firing him and keeping Has. But being as Haslett is gone... scorched earth baby. Bring in a whole new Defensive staff save for MAYBE the LB coaches and call it a season.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK... not being negative. But I really dont see this as a bad thing. Our most feeble unite on defense was the secondary which Morris was directly responsible for. I would have been fine with them firing him and keeping Has. But being as Haslett is gone... scorched earth baby. Bring in a whole new Defensive staff save for MAYBE the LB coaches and call it a season.

I agree, however, I'm trying to gauge what's going on with Morris. I'm not sure that there have been many HC's that have taken these many steps backwards as Morris has. Going from HC at the NFL level to Coordinator or as HC at college seems to me to be usually the norm.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Often when someone was a former HC and moves to some sort of coordinator or assistant job he is considered for a HC position again when he has been succesful at his coordinator/assistant job. Not to be negative but I don't think Morris has been successful.

I think you have us all whupped into shape Sarge.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where would he go and who would want him? He has failed at his last 2 jobs. The only way I see him leaving is if the new DC doesn't want him.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ti think raheem morris will go back to collage football

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1