• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Computer folks...need help

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also anyone have opinions on Windows 8? I have read great reviews from "experts" but your general computer user seems to dislike it. I will NOT get a touch screen monitor and have that be my only source of navigation.

Windows 7 better?

Windows 8 is decent after you get used to it, I prefer windows 7 though. It takes some time to figure out where everything is, how to find folders and stuff, but you get used to it. My biggest beef with it is using the mouse pad, half the time I'm moving my mouse, it brings up this other screen if you rub your finger in a certain way across the pad, and you have to swipe it again to get your screen back. Still haven't figured out how to turn that shit off.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clippy.jpg

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trying to find a effing computer that is solidly compatible with Diablo 3 is a headache...Is Blizzard really requiring it's gamers to fork over $800 to play their game? I find these monsterous CPU's for a decent price, yet after a little research find that their graphic cards are shit for the game.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one from Fry's appears to be the better one. If you check the video card rating it gets a 3 out of 5 stars and is better suited for games. Neither comes with a monitor. Another place you can check online is tigerdirect.com, they have great prices usually.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one from Fry's appears to be the better one. If you check the video card rating it gets a 3 out of 5 stars and is better suited for games. Neither comes with a monitor. Another place you can check online is tigerdirect.com, they have great prices usually.

the HP for 599 from Fry's appears to be better? Even though it is only 2.5 GHz and the Intel i7 is something like 3.4 GHz?

The one from Fry's is under the category for 'gaming' and I do believe it is the same CPU my friend has who plays D3. Thanks for hte info on that graphic card. I was worried as it is an integrated card and reading on gamer forums everyone complains about integrated cards.

I think ultimately I need to head to the store and just ask a person there to show me a comp that can play the games just fine and also do everyday stuff.