• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I need a new computer.. some help please

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Download AVAST free.

Once you download it, set it to scan at boot.

I used it today on a computer at a client's office. The computer in question had a CUTWAIL bot virus on it and was sending out spam emails.

Is it free? or cheap cuz im a broke ass right now.. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes ma'am.

free for 30 days.

works in a pinch.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which one of you compooter lamez can tell me which one of these g'damned F buttons brings my toolbar and browsing tab back up. I'm about to throw a bitch fit.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MTab\uninstalldt.exe (PUP.Optional.DefaultTab.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\karol\AppData\Roaming\DefaultTab\DefaultTab\wikipedia_ie.ico (PUP.Optional.DefaultTab.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\karol\AppData\Roaming\DefaultTab\DefaultTab\facebook_ie.ico (PUP.Optional.DefaultTab.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\karol\AppData\Roaming\DefaultTab\DefaultTab\searchhere.ico (PUP.Optional.DefaultTab.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end
this is what its showing

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also im in the process of downloading the avast.. do i run it or save it?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also im in the process of downloading the avast.. do i run it or save it?

Run it. The software you have shown from the log file is search engine hijack from some company called Search Results, LLC. Sometimes there is an entry in Control Panel add/remove programs, still it will require manually resetting some items. If you have restore points set you can try restoring the PC to before the first time Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware detected it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did.. and now Im scanning .. have it scheduled to run at start up now too.. grrrr.. puter has been running slow .. i just thought it was because I havent cleaned out my temp files for a while.. but then i decided to run the mwbytes and that thing popped up.. thanks yall i really do appreciate it!!

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run it. The software you have shown from the log file is search engine hijack from some company called Search Results, LLC. Sometimes there is an entry in Control Panel add/remove programs, still it will require manually resetting some items. If you have restore points set you can try restoring the PC to before the first time Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware detected it.

ok.. I will look through my control panel and see if i see that name anywhere and uninstall it or delete whatever i need to do..

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok.. I will look through my control panel and see if i see that name anywhere and uninstall it or delete whatever i need to do..

You will want to uninstall it and since those all point to IE you will need to go to Tools and reset your search options in IE, and delete any items from that company or it will still redirect you to their web site search.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will want to uninstall it and since those all point to IE you will need to go to Tools and reset your search options in IE, and delete any items from that company or it will still redirect you to their web site search.

I didnt see anything in my CP.. but im running the avast and so far its saying 3 infected files.. hopefully this will clean it up?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt see anything in my CP.. but im running the avast and so far its saying 3 infected files.. hopefully this will clean it up?

Keep your fingers crossed or hope Occupant gives you an answer because I haven't used Avast in years. You never know, sometimes those hijacks lock things that can only be removed by a boot scanner like Kaspersky off line scanner.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should clean it.

Be sure and follow the instructions in the video I posted on how to set Avast to do the boot scan.

Once you tell it to boot scan, restart your computer and it will take forever to do the scan...but it's worth it. It gets the boogers before they load up.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep your fingers crossed or hope Occupant gives you an answer because I haven't used Avast in years. You never know, sometimes those hijacks lock things that can only be removed by a boot scanner like Kaspersky off line scanner.

:hope: I need to just buy a decent anti virus program but I have no idea what is a good one.. ive always used free ones.. but this is the second time ive gotten something that doesnt seem to be picked up by my free stuff.. Im cheap when it comes to this stuff because well Im cheap.. lol

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should clean it.

Be sure and follow the instructions in the video I posted on how to set Avast to do the boot scan.

Once you tell it to boot scan, restart your computer and it will take forever to do the scan...but it's worth it. It gets the boogers before they load up.

That's why I do those only if all else fails, start the boot scan, put on a pot of coffee, drink entire pot of coffee, go check to see if boot scan is finished.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should clean it.

I did set it to scan at boot up.. for the next time.. im doing a quick scan now.. its slow for sure.. at 92% now and its taking about 25 mins.. but only 3 files so far.. hopefully its something simple!

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hope: I need to just buy a decent anti virus program but I have no idea what is a good one.. ive always used free ones.. but this is the second time ive gotten something that doesnt seem to be picked up by my free stuff.. Im cheap when it comes to this stuff because well Im cheap.. lol

KT, it doesn't really matter. The way they get around AV protection you can spend a lot of money or go with something free. They'll still get around your protection. I clean as many computers with paid AV as I do with free AV software. If you want my recommendation though for paid, it's Norton Internet Security.