• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was across the river from Cincy.

Extra notable to me because I know four people caught up in it. A couple that used to live across the street from us in Maryland who now live in Cincy were eating at the Five Guys where the shooting happened and had just left. They heard the commotion and shots as they were walking back to their car.

10 minutes later, my bosses' boss and his wife were arriving at a hotel to stay (they are helping their daughter move in in the area) and were locked out of the hotel due to the lockdown. Basically standing outside the front doors, in the open with nowhere to go.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has to be a way to stop him

Of course there is backtracking and this was taken out of context defending from the right (Trump was talking about an economic bloodbath), but words do indeed matter and he knows exactly how bloodbath resonates with his supporters. It's the same thing as "Stand back and stand by".

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there is backtracking and this was taken out of context defending from the right (Trump was talking about an economic bloodbath), but words do indeed matter and he knows exactly how bloodbath resonates with his supporters. It's the same thing as "Stand back and stand by".

I agree. I was aware of the context but he is also aware of what you just said. He is a very dangerous man, stupidly dangerous and I just cannot imagine how that is possible in todays day and age

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other not shocking news:

That's exactly it, I like how he was boasting about posting that $91 million bond in the E. Jean Carroll case, but he didn't actually post it. It was the CHUBB insurance company that posted it on his behalf. Now you can argue that how things are usually done, but if the appeal isn't successful (narrator: it won't be successful), then Trump will have to reimburse CHUBB. We all know what's going to happen, he's going to stiff them like he stiffs everyone who enters into an arrangement with him.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly it, I like how he was boasting about posting that $91 million bond in the E. Jean Carroll case, but he didn't actually post it. It was the CHUBB insurance company that posted it on his behalf. Now you can argue that how things are usually done, but if the appeal isn't successful (narrator: it won't be successful), then Trump will have to reimburse CHUBB. We all know what's going to happen, he's going to stiff them like he stiffs everyone who enters into an arrangement with him.
why would they do that knowing he is going to stiff them. or is he just buying time for when he wins as president and then really gets to do what he wants.

he will be a Putin light as Putin will run the country

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would they do that knowing he is going to stiff them. or is he just buying time for when he wins as president and then really gets to do what he wants.

he will be a Putin light as Putin will run the country

It says in the article below that the bond is fully collateralized and that is likely the case...The sticky point will be getting Trump to sell the real estate holding listed in the bond.

If Trump loses his appeal of the defamation judgment, Carroll can demand payment from Chubb. But in the meantime, Carroll cannot collect on the damages awarded her in the case.

Greenberg in his letter Wednesday said that Chubb had protected itself by requiring that Trump’s bond, like any others issued by the company, is “fully collateralized.”

“If the bond is called, then Chubb takes the collateral which is intended to make us whole,” Greenberg wrote. “We hardly support or subsidize defendants or take ‘one for the team."

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other not shocking news:

I find it somewhat surprising that the Saudis haven't given Kushner another random 2bil.

I understand that his prime source is out of money with the shit they are pulling in Ukraine, but the Saudis have that laying around on their coffee tables.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says in the article below that the bond is fully collateralized and that is likely the case...The sticky point will be getting Trump to sell the real estate holding listed in the bond.

If Trump loses his appeal of the defamation judgment, Carroll can demand payment from Chubb. But in the meantime, Carroll cannot collect on the damages awarded her in the case.

Greenberg in his letter Wednesday said that Chubb had protected itself by requiring that Trump’s bond, like any others issued by the company, is “fully collateralized.”

“If the bond is called, then Chubb takes the collateral which is intended to make us whole,” Greenberg wrote. “We hardly support or subsidize defendants or take ‘one for the team."
any word on if Carroll will sue him again for his recent lies?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it somewhat surprising that the Saudis haven't given Kushner another random 2bil.

I understand that his prime source is out of money with the shit they are pulling in Ukraine, but the Saudis have that laying around on their coffee tables.
Kush is out of secrets to sell and can only get back in office or trumps bathroom to get more

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

trump family has absolutely no value to them out of office.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? The Saudis always have a place for a good businessman like Trump. I was wrong, i thought I could type that without laughing but I just couldn't do it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very solid point. Was thinking more of a down payment on future services.

And if he can't provide the service... there are bone saws

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sums up it well I think

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it does sum it up well, but you'll never be able to convince those deep in the cult even though there's plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Edit: Just thought I would add that Trump is currently free from pre-trial confinement, but that bloodbath comment is certainly worthy of putting him back in detention until his trial(s).

Last edited:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it does sum it up well, but you'll never be able to convince those deep in the cult even though there's plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Edit: Just thought I would add that Trump is currently free from pre-trial confinement, but that bloodbath comment is certainly worthy of putting him back in detention until his trial(s).

were it so easy I would hope this could happen.