• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly hired!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Kelly the coach. I think Kelly the GM might actually be an upgrade.

Why don't I like Kelly the coach? I'd have to go back and look to be sure, but I think his teams in Philly led the league in three and outs, and even if his teams score, they still leave their defenses out on the field way too long over the course of a game, and over the long haul of the entire season. This is a recipe for not having enough juice to run deep into the playoffs, not that this team will make the playoffs with this gimmick offense in the NFCW. Arizona and Seattle are going to go 6-0 against us over the next three years, and we won't be in any of those games.

Additionally, we don't have anything in place to run his scheme. Kaepernick has the running part of a QB that Kelly likes, but Kelly is going to discover how innaccurate his arm is. Additionally, I don't think Kaepernick is smart enough, or willing enough, to learn this offense and run it the way Kelly will want it run. Add in the fact that we're now going to burn the 7th overall pick on a linebacker with a blown up knee (I'm guessing on this one, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least; Baalke is straight up retarded for injured players and projects).

I'm sorry, I just don't see a single positive in this hire. I see three glaring negatives, though.

1). Kelly being hired definitely means we're not drafting a QB at 7, and that sucks, since we're going to waste at least one more season before we address that problem.
2). Kelly being hired just has the feel that our FO can fall back on the, "See, we're not a terrible job. We didn't pick the absolute trash of the trash this year. We had options," routine, and it allows the FO to further ignore reality. If Kelly goes 3-13 (and I don't think he's going to win much more than that with this roster), I think Jed will chalk it up to "Well, he's implementing his system, and it's going to take some time. Kelly will remain, and so will Baalke. If Kelly goes 5-11 in year two, Jed will get all giddy and extend everybody, falsely believing this team is on the right track to get to the SB.
3). Who are the other coaches going to be, and more importantly, who is going to choose them. Jed and Baalke have made some statements that make it seem as though they'll be deciding who the staff is, even if they let Kelly tell the media that these are his guys.

I disagree with you BIG time. We have the QB, RB(hyde ran chips type offense at OSU) and some Athletic OL to run this offense. Plus we might actually use Ellington right and Smith would be our Deep threat.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners fans have my sincere condolences. This was a very poor hire.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry SF fans... Oregon fans think this is a great move!

Sometimes getting a guy that's failed in the NFL works out. I'm sure you don't regret hiring Pete Carroll.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time former Eagles Fan here now officially switching allegiances to the 49ers now that they have hired Chip. You guys are going to love this guy. Everything about him is innovative and the Eagles just fired him because he pissed off the owner. Something about prioritizing football over a Christmas party. Dumbest thing ever.

Chip is all football all the time. Don't believe the naysayers. Most of those guys were fired or demoted by Chip. It will be alot of fun. Chip does everything fast. Its an uptempo offense, but its also a run first offense. With Cap and your RBs, it will work very well.

Sounds rather familiar :think:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was my biggest concern, so why would 49er players be any different? without the respect of your players, or their total buy in, you can't win consistently.

wondering if York/Baalke got TOO caught up in saving Kaep?

If this was their candidate all along, why did it take so long? He was available BEFORE the season ended, they could've talked to him and gotten all the details worked out?

I stated this on the Niner page, but I personally think that he was given way more power than a HC should have, not named Bill Belichick.

Things got messy because he started messing with personnel. I'm fairly certain he won't be given that power, if so, we're up shit crick.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...really?
You cant see any??

Are you that myopic???

I am thinking you have not watched many of Kap's games. He will be a 29 yr old QB in 2016 who has regressed in each of the last 2 seasons. Maybe you are giving him too much credit for his athleticism or running ability? But as a QB, he has shown no potential to be better. Accuracy & lack of command of the offense are his issues. A less than 60% passer who has trouble getting the snap off because he has issues calling plays & reading the defense.

Chip Kelly's offense has been figured out. It's a middle of the pack offense which struggles in the redzone because there no longer any deep routes the defense has to respect. Add in the hurry up element which is a detriment to the defense & you end up with a net negative.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking you have not watched many of Kap's games. He will be a 29 yr old QB in 2016 who has regressed in each of the last 2 seasons. Maybe you are giving him too much credit for his athleticism or running ability? But as a QB, he has shown no potential to be better. Accuracy & lack of command of the offense are his issues. A less than 60% passer who has trouble getting the snap off because he has issues calling plays & reading the defense.

Chip Kelly's offense has been figured out. It's a middle of the pack offense which struggles in the redzone because there no longer any deep routes the defense has to respect. Add in the hurry up element which is a detriment to the defense & you end up with a net negative.

C'mon Man...don't be silly.

I'm 100% certain I've watched more 49er games than you probably have or will.

He's a decent QB who's struggled of late, but if he has the proper weapons around him and good coaching, he will return to his former self.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a decent QB who's struggled of late, but if he has the proper weapons around him and good coaching, he will return to his former self.
Nope. You might want to check up on his progress. Can't read a D,etc. Guy sucks and many 9er fans were hoping he was gone including me. What is a new HC that guts his team of any talent gonna do here?

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to say hi to OD. Having him in your game threads and forecasting wins each week is the added bonus you guys get with Kelly. :thumb:

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He hasn't struggled of late, he has struggled for 2 seasons. The proper coach & weapons excuse is BS. He has had a HoF type WR security blanket, a good running game, & good defense over the last few seasons. And yet he has still regressed.

This potential you see is just hopeful thinking.